Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Half time oranges

My brother runs a kids u10's team here in Crawley
They only started 5 or 6 matches ago and I've been to watch every game
but there is something I've noticed, that none of the kids are given oranges at half time
like we used to have when we were young
Does anyone know why?
Another thing I noticed, when we were playing 30 odd years ago, you had to give the oppo
3 cheers at the end of a game, this practice has also gone too, which I think is a shame.

Comments

• Options
    Creeps, it is political correctness gone mad ! Also, I bet if anyone overheard the coach say that he had had to "pull two of the lads off at half time" people nowadays would report you to the bloody police ! Western society has gone to the dogs and what about Jaffa sales ? I blame everyone.
  • Options
    I think there has been a shift away from citrus fruit towards sports drinks these days.
  • Options
    It's the recession, Creepy.

Have you seen the price of oranges in Sainsbury's ....?

PS: Conspiracy theory
    In order to fund the proposed takeover of Charlton Athletic FC, Sainsburys have increased the price of all citrus fruit.

NOTW blames Richard Murray's exorbitant takeover demands as the reason kids teams can't afford halftime oranges.
  • Options
    Our kid's U12 game finished a couple of hours ago and they did the three cheers thing plus one for luck. I think it's ok if done properly, but the kids don't seem be that bothered - especially whichever side has lost who always want to just get away quick.
    They always have water at half time. It's cheaper and a lot easier to organise.
  • Options
    We always had to do 3 cheers and shake hands with every opposition player
  • Options
    3 cheers and Oranges at half time. Those were the days.
  • Options
    Oranges are not the only fruit
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ted\'s Addicksson[/cite]Oranges are not the only fruit

Ah, Nell Gwynne you mean .....?

Nice little oranges.
  • Options
    Er, no actually. What a grubby little mind ;)
  • Options
    Oranges at half from the Mums who wanted their team to win.
    Ho-Hos and Twinkies from the Mums that couldnt tell u the score...

"2,4,6,8, who do we appreciate..... team (opponents)!!! " - classic post match cheer in the USA !