Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Dirty Dancing

now then lads,

how many of you are in touch with your feminine side and will be taking your good ladies to the cinema to see the re-release of this classic film?

I went to a preview last night, and there were at least 5 blokes in there with their girlfriends. bless them. (in an audience of about 1000)

remember, its out on 9th feb to mark its 20th anniversary! make your girls' day and take them

:-)

Comments

• Options
    Nobody puts baby in the corner.......;)
  • Options
    i went to the stage show on New Years Day with my girl, no chance of taking her to the cinema to see the film

(unless she asks then i'll bow down to her)
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    oh you boys are good.

mascott, points for quoting the best line in the film. i hope you have seen it and are not just quoting a line from an advert on a bus shelter.

wss> excellent work. did you find it annoying when people cheered and clapped when the famous lines were said?? it was funny the first time, but i found it really irritating with all that nonsense in the theate.
    didn't mind last night for the film, not exactly putting off patrick swayze and jennifer grey, and it was quite funny seeing a film i've seen 300 times on the big screen for the first time.
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Have I seen it..... far too many times .....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]oh you boys are good.

mascott, points for quoting the best line in the film. i hope you have seen it and are not just quoting a line from an advert on a bus shelter.

wss> excellent work. did you find it annoying when people cheered and clapped when the famous lines were said?? it was funny the first time, but i found it really irritating with all that nonsense in the theate.
    didn't mind last night for the film, not exactly putting off patrick swayze and jennifer grey, and it was quite funny seeing a film i've seen 300 times on the big screen for the first time.

Not that annoying, i think most people were still hungover on New Years Day from the night before to be honest!!

I don't like comparing but i preferred We Will Rock You. The Aldwych is far too small for something the size of DD
  • Options
    Could not bring myself to sit in one place & watch that having paid for it first with or without a girl !
  • Options
    yeah, fair enough i went on a friday night to a 8.30 showing, and people were on hen weekends and most people were drunk and whooped when the bloke took his top off!

hard to compare 2 completely different types of musical.

dd can be compared to grease, fame etc musicals from films

we will rock you is a made up story isn't it? like mama mia or the madness one, that was only on a little while, but it was superb.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Could not bring myself to sit in one place & watch that having paid for it first with or without a girl !

you could have pulled had you gone last night ketters. a room full of women enjoying themselves! you could have proved you were in touch with your sensitive side and got lucky! :-)

me and my best mate are going to get our boys to the cinema to see it! without fail! they must understand! :-)
  • Options
    Right then on your say so, the next girl I ask out I'll suggest that as a first date, that's bound to impress her ..!
  • Options
    it wouldnt impress me.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Pint of Magners Curb It ?
  • Options
    now yes that would.

(tho sadly im off magners at the moment for dietary reasons). i aint half missing em.
  • Options
    not necessarily ketman, just show willing to see a film of that ilk if the lady wanted to see it. thats all i think anyway, its not everyone's cup of tea.

getting a response of "not my type of film" is horrible. :-(
  • Options
    you're all gay

ps. I carried a water melon....
  • Options
    That's better Ketman. I think Curb-it just swooned.
  • Options
    Must admit films choices are hard for First Dates.

Rocky Balboa anyone ?
  • Options
    a couple of years ago i was strolling through petticoat lane one lunchtime and there was this great music booming out from one of the stalls...what's that you're playing i asks the bloke behind the stall...its the soundtrack to dirty dancing he says, i've got a load of them here i'm trying to shift...i'll take a copy then i says...now, i had the time of my life playing that to everybody, i can tell you...there's probably a about 3 or 4 songs people recognise as being in the film the first time they hear it and until you actually tell people what it is, very few ever realise its the soundtrack despite the fact they've all probably seen the film umpteen times on tv...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]you're all gay

ps. I carried a water melon....

i've been trying to photoshop a pic of kylie in her 'show girl' outfit with your face on it, but slipped on the mouse and deleted it accidentally! grr
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Must admit films choices are hard for First Dates.

Rocky Balboa anyone ?

yeah, not a good choice, you don't exactly get a chance to chat do you!
  • Options
    I actually think its a very good fromage film! As for the musical I can imagine at some point I'll be seeing that and I really hope it's better than 'Fame' the musical which was utter toilet!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    oi suzi...wot no points for sneaking in the quote ?
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    yes, you get double points for a quote and buying th soundtrack. of which i have 2 copies. the limited edition double cd, with all the extra background classic music and the normal one. used to have it copied on tape and me and best mate listened to it over and over whilst revising for our gcse's!

the stage musical is good that it uses the original recordings rather than them singing the songs on stage. much better.

son of selhurst> fame was pants, agree.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite] and buying th soundtrack. of which i have 2 copies. the limited edition double cd,

see, that's the difference between blokes and women...if a bloke wants to hear it in stereo he buys 2 speakers...
  • Options
    ow no. if my mrs sees that this is comming out im a ruined man!! having just taken her to see rocky she's gunna wanna see this in return. id rather go to the dentist!!

why are they re-releasing it? they cant have digitally inhanced the special effects coz there are none! if they are going to re release a swayzee film ROADHOUSE! anyone seen it? violance, scenes of nudity, violance.
  • Options
    you took her to see rocky ?...fcking ada, 2 hours of 'why do men want to watch fighting ?', 'he should grow up', 'they're nice curtains', 'why dont you do a bit of skipping to get fit ?'....blah, blah, blah...
  • Options
    yea i took her and she hasnt seen any of the previous films but she LOVED it!! wants to see the rest now.
    top bird my mrs!
  • Options
    Whenever I fancy watching dirty dancing I normally just pop down The Griffin in my mac with a pocket full of pound coins. Not sure my missus would appreciate it if I took her there though - particulalry not on our first date.
  • Options
    Foot Loose is a thousand times better.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]Whenever I fancy watching dirty dancing I normally just pop down The Griffin in my mac with a pocket full of pound coins. Not sure my missus would appreciate it if I took her there though - particulalry not on our first date.

Take her to the Flying Scotsman instead then!
  • Options
    I think it's closed down.