Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Ghosts and ghouls and all that.

I was having a bit of a potter around youtube and I came across this old report about a ghost at Charlton house.

Charlton House ghost

Comments

• Has anyone got a decent account of a ghost sighting themselves I was sure there was a thread but couldn't find it...
  • Dazzler21 said:

Has anyone got a decent account of a ghost sighting themselves I was sure there was a thread but couldn't find it...

I have seen a ghost twice, same person both times
  • Dazzler21 said:

Has anyone got a decent account of a ghost sighting themselves I was sure there was a thread but couldn't find it...

I have seen a ghost twice, same person both times
    But I am someone who also believes in EVP, which I have found out not many people do
  • Charlton House are having some Most haunted night on 8th Novemeber. £45!
  • Interesting reboot of an old thread, funny thing is the number of people who have commented on both this and the original thread who have not descended into personal abuse of another's beliefs. Presumably this is because they respect people to have an opinion on what they saw, experienced or were told about by people they trust.

Contrast this respectful attitude with the thread regarding religious belief or otherwise where someone who has proved herself to be as selfless and loving as anyone I have ever come across gets pelters for admitting she has a faith in a religion, based on existence after death, which has done no more than promote a way to live without treating each other like shite and to generally treat others the way you wish to be treated yourself.

Given that is the basic tenet of Christian teaching and also given that an ordinary (or extraordinary) man, depending on your point of view, in just over 30 years of life was able to not only, in no small measure, help bring down the greatest military empire the world has ever seen and provide a credible alternative to an existing religion which had been around even at that time for several thousand years, also developed a philosophy that has lasted more than two millenia and is still followed by some of the kindest, most self sacrificing human beings around (and if you don't believe that, get yourself down to a Church community kitchen at 6.00 am on Christmas Day) I think that the Christians on this forum might just deserve a little more respect for their beliefs than Michaela Strachan and her production crew.

Anyway, as I said - interesting.
  • I dont think they have been getting pelters other than the odd comment that is thrown in, but most people have argued their case for/against without resorting to name calling.

SadieJane is a very respected poster on this forum, and has eloquently stated her case for her beliefs.
    I cant personally reconcile some of those thoughts, but I think if someone has beliefs there is nothing wrong if someone else seeks to understand their position or can take an opposite opinion.

That said, anyone who believes in ghosts is obviously stupid... ;-)