Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

No Parky out threads!?

edited October 2010 in General Charlton
Come on, where are all those who wanted PP's head on a stick just 10days ago?

Comments

• Options
    they will be back when we lose again!! but i still back him
  • Options
    Perleeeease do we have to do this again!!!!!!!!!!! I am a pro Parkie but these threads just extends non sensical arguments. From the pro parkie perspective why can't we just let his positives and the teams positives speak for them selves.

Failing that can't admin just sink this and any more debate go on existing threads!!!!!
  • Options
    Lets all give him a great big cuddle.
  • Options
    he needs a song for sure.

i wanted him out big time 2 weeks ago i admit, i still think he is tactically inept but i think he has purchased some good players. can he manage them is the question? if not and his time comes then make him chief scout defo

while he's winning im happy though
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    here i am nothing changed for me couldnt give two hoots if he left right now infact i think i would dance around the ground for days on end.

hats off to him he has got it right 2 games in a row,me i still blame the players for conceeding 3 last week,

i still think he is cack if we dont go up you will all agree
  • Options
    edited October 2010
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    I was very pleased we won yesterday, i thpught best we cpuld hope for was a draw . although we had a few nervy moments ,i'm pleased we've had a positive reaction from the players , now we have got 4 away games in a row coming up . which is going to be tough , if we lose one or 2 are people going to be back on his case? i think loosing 4 nil in front of your home crowd in this division does you no favours , i want Parky to succeed , because if he does well Charton benefitI was amazed how positive he Valley was yesterday cosudering our last result , perhaps Nick Gray stayed away! I guess people are hoding back on their feelinngs until we go on a downer again , i'm hoping that comes after a 26 game unbeaten streak!
  • Options
    Would like to know why he basically shut up shop at half time? We were very good first half but didn't have an effort on target in the second half. 7 goals in 7 home games isn't good enough, we can't keep relyng 1-0 wins. Dropped too deep far to early. Hasn'tt changed my opinion of him at all.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]here i am nothing changed for me couldnt give two hoots if he left right now infact i think i would dance around the ground for days on end.

hats off to him he has got it right 2 games in a row,me i still blame the players for conceeding 3 last week,

i still think he is cack if we dont go up you will all agree

I wont agree hes cack if we dont go up... I dont expect us to go up.... Id be del;ighted, and going up would make me run around the ground for days on end.

A manager who has given us the first positive season in 4 last yr were we just missed out on automatic by 2 points and 4 loses at home in 30 plus... blah blah blah!!!!!!! BORED BOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Same conversation again and again and again...

In life and on the interent particulalry you have negative and positive poeple .....

and so the smae conversations go round and round and round...
  • Options
    Wednesday gave us a game second half, we weren't that deep, and still looked the better side. You get promoted winning 1-0 every week
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2010
    Where are the threads saying we should extend his contract? It runs out this season so why aren't we looking for stability. Congrats for smashing Brazil yesterday though.
  • Options
    Haters gonna hate...

Internets full of it, whether it being parkinson or the latest knitting needles with bendable cotton fastener...
  • Options
    I have given it large slating Parky and certainly gave him both barrels after Brighton but I would be a right prat having a go right at this moment wouldn't I ? Fair play to the man as he has handled himself with dignity and composure and over the last two games has stuck it right up people like me. Long may it continue. But I think you are correct in saying the knives will be out again at some point if things start to slide. For the moment I intend to keep my own council. COYR.
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    i didnt start the thread mascott i was mearly saying we are still here nothing in my mind has changed, winning 2 games does not make him a good manager, i think and i have said well done to, him hats off he set the team out well and i do not hold him at all accountable for the 3 goals conceded last week,

i wanted him to go when we were 2nd in the league last season and it was rumoured reading were looking,

i wouldnt want him here if we do get promoted as i think he has proved when we were in the championship that he couldnt cut it.

i dont hate the bloke, i agree with what everyone says nice guy, trys hard.

if we dont go up this year then we may as well all move to oz because the club will be in a real mire and we may not even have a club due to the crippling state we would find ourselves, do you think muzza gave him money for benson,abbott, the wages for reid,dailey,martin,semedo,racon just to survive and stay in the 3rd division,

no he gave him it to get us up and that is ultimately what he will be judged on,

he needs to continue the form he has shown in the last 2 games and i reckon that they are 2 of the toughest you could ask for in this league carlise away is never easy and weds at home will always be hard.

so i gave him what he deserved

and that was credit.

it wont be fans that get parky the sack it will be himself and i would put my house on if we are not still as close to promotion come xmas as we are now then he wont be given the back end of the season to sort it out,

i dont even thnk he will get his contract renewed if we do go up
  • Options
    sixth in league one hardly amazing is it? biggest crowd in league one yesterday so everyones behind them sadly they seem unable to keep it up but perhaps they have finally turned the corner in this poor poor league
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    All i say is leave Parky alone, since that bullshit 0-4 result, he seems to have changed it right around, and he deseves credit for that for sure. Ill back him for the rest of the season. We are good enough to go up, and for some reason i really think we will.

And 1 thing you got to remember, hes changed it around beating teams that was above us in the league, remember everybody thinking damn we got 4-5 hard games coming up, and apart from Brighton, we have won the other 2 and in respect we have won them in good fashion. He needs a pat on the back in my eyes, and i dont see this good run stopping yet :-D!
  • Options
    yes he has turned it round but if at the end of season we go up i will be very surprised even though this league is dire and were one of the biggest clubs in it
  • Options
    "i wouldnt want him here if we do get promoted as i think he has proved when we were in the championship that he couldnt cut it."

haha a team devoid of motivation run by a failed manager hanging on for his 800k... that can easily be turned round in 10 miutes... BORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNGGGGGGG!!!!

and why dont we look at the board, they were the ones who refused to do a new broom.. considering he was part of the set up , it was never gonna swing in a matter of weeks.

as usual, each to their own, but 6 points from 2 of potential promotion rivals.

As for Murray he simply said we are looking to be competitive, we have sold everything we had last season and will have to do the same again this year if we dont get up, and personally I am buoyed by these results and perfomances but I dont think we will get promoted, we are not a club on the up, we have arrested the demise and came very close last year to going back up truth is we werent good enough then and I dont think we are good enough now to stay up.

Yes we are in deep trouble staying in this league, and I even lost the faith a bit after Brighton, but he has bounced back and is and has a very strong record with us in this league.

As I said people are gonna be negative.. thats it, crack on..
  • Options
    Yeah i think i will also be a little suprised, but i must say Brighton was the only team at the Valley that was any good at all.

I can see Brighton and Us taking 1st-2nd spots in the league :-)
  • Options
    brighton will falter i reckon very early doors fancy southampton to win league
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We WILL at least be in the playoffs tho.
  • Options
    I think its also important to recognise we are not a very good football team... and we dont have very good footballers at the club...

we are fully third division...

personally I think Parkinson has done a very good job but of course thats my belief and lots of people hate the bloke and regardless of if he even achieves promotion (cants stop laughing at that one... lol)

talk about cutting off your nose to spite your face... lol....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: jazzyjazzyjazzy[/cite]We WILL at least be in the playoffs tho.

Id bite your hand of for that right now....

I would be over the moon with that...
  • Options
    if we won them hardly great losing in them
  • Options
    Get there first mate.....

After that who knows...
  • Options
    true,maybe we had our bad luck last season
  • Options
    we will see....

Im just mega nervous and it just gets worse and worse as the season goes on ...

to have secured a play off spot and a chance is at least something....

as for what would happen well its just a lottery...

considering we have sold any and all talent last year , turned over over 20 players and spent about 1/5 of what was broguth in I would be well impressed to even get to the playoffs...

Obviously the BIG loss at home has sent a rocket up the players and who would have thought Parkinsons calm approahc to the loss seems to have worked well..

Parky is a contradicition, he is hated becasue expectation is STILL too high and actually his record is pretty fricken strong...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: mascot88[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: jazzyjazzyjazzy[/cite]We WILL at least be in the playoffs tho.

Id bite your hand of for that right now....

I would be over the moon with that...

Top 6 Finish Odds
  • Options
    About right...

thats why im nervous....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: mascot88[/cite]Parky is a contradicition, he is hated becasue expectation is STILL too high and actually his record is pretty fricken strong...

i don't think he is hated at all despite you constantly repeating it. i think it's more a case of a some people questioning whether he is good enough for the task at hand and a few people coming to their conclusion that he's not. there's just no hatred attached.