Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

£1500 to sponsor a whole CAFC youth team

edited October 2010 in General Charlton
I wonder if we, collectively, could muster that......

Exposure for the site and we could follow an age group for a few years and watch them grow!

Who's with me?

Comments

• edited October 2010
    yep!

I'm in with a nifty.
  • Sure.

What's the thought?

30 in at 50 quid a person?

If we contribute more can we periodically remind other contributors that we "never really rated" a player? Can we slate the team's gaffer?

Perhaps it was with Charlton Life in mind that Roan spoke of his rumored takeover.
  • Swisdom
    That is a tremendous gesture and idea. I have a son at the academy and have posted previously (Academy day thread) what the acadmey does with very little in terms of finance.
    I can help facilitate this idea through Steve Avory at the club so let me know. We have set up a committee to help raise funds and can equally, hopefully help raise some more profile of this forum through the player ambassador set up.
    Kind regards
  • Could set up a paypal A/C and members could contribute. I'd glady donate a few quid over paypal
  • Great idea. Count me in.
  • I'm in with £50.
  • Yes I'll contribute if someone gets this going
  • Wouldn't do the Under 18s, rude little sh*ts that sit in the West Lower.
  • Considering popping to PVR on Weds night to watch the youth cup game vs Crawley. Probably will.
  • Funnily enough was thinking same not an unreasonable sum esp. when spread across this board. Better value than shirt sponsorship perhaps for which we have easily raised vast sums
  • Sponsored links:

• i'll find out a bit more details early next week and then we'll try and work something out that is do-able
  • I'd be in on that.

Also, gives me another thought - time for a new thread.
  • Top idea. If AFKA can sort it OK, count us in.
  • I'd be interested in contributing
  • Can't run to 50 quid but would be happy to contribute
  • I'm in for £50.
    Every time I read a thread on here it seems to cost me money !
  • Ask David White through the club about this. The academy is his baby at the moment, and any ideas raising money would be most welcome.
  • £50 probably a bit much tbh - 10 or 20 with the number of people we will hopefully get involved should suffice and I'd hope we can do that!

Sid James - what age group is your lad?
  • Being naive:
    £1500 will pay for what ?
  • [cite]Posted By: Miserableold-ish git[/cite]Being naive:
    £1500 will pay for what ?
    [cite]Posted By: shirty5[/cite]Ask David White through the club about this. The academy is his baby at the moment, and any ideas raising money would be most welcome.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]£50 probably a bit much tbh - 10 or 20 with the number of people we will hopefully get involved should suffice and I'd hope we can do that!

Sid James - what age group is your lad?

do it at a score and i am in over that and the missus will kick my arse
  • count me in
  • Im in.
    Agree £50 is a bit much but with the number of generous members this place has I reckon £20 each we could still make £1500.
  • £25 instead then?
  • [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]£25 instead then?

go on then i am in
  • Yup, im game. Sure we can find 60 people to put £25 quid in
  • As people who know me, I'll help anyone out if I can, but........
    £1500 for "what" ?
  • edited October 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Miserableold-ish git[/cite]As people who know me, I'll help anyone out if I can, but........
    £1500 for "what" ?

To sponsor an Academy team - the clue is in the title of the thread mate!

You don't "get" anything for it, other than an enormous sense of pride and well being.
  • [cite]Posted By: Miserableold-ish git[/cite]
    but........
    £1500 for "what" ?

Exactly !!

As i said, i'll get a full low down in a couple of days time, then come back with some potential options.

Cheers all for your intentions of support though guys.
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Miserableold-ish git[/cite]
    but........
    £1500 for "what" ?

Exactly !!

As i said, i'll get a full low down in a couple of days time, then come back with some potential options.

Cheers all for your intentions of support though guys.

Thanks AFKA:
    The question/point I was making/asking was:

Anyone can come on here (within reason) and as long as CAFC is in the title of the thread, people will donate (and I'm not criticizing anyone who gives), but i like to know where my hard earned is going.