Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Suspect Devices

Now I am no believer in conspiacies, but does anyone else think its funny/wierd.

A few days ago the Boss of BA says lets drop the security a bit, say to the level of internal flights in the US.

All of a sudden these suspect devices are miraculously found after an awful long time without a scare.

Comments

• Options
    Was thinking the same thing.
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    It is all very fishy, as all this terrorism/spooks stuff is. But you do have you ask: if you're a terrorist and can get a bunch of packages on planes, why not just make it real bombs? Or if they are bomb parts in transit, why address them directly to a Jewish centre?

And what was all that stuff about at East Midlands saying it was a suspect package, then dropping the cordon and saying it wasn't a bomb, then putting the cordon back and saying it is?

And that's before wondering how they found them, real needle in a haystack job that is. They cannot be scanning every single parcel at a refuelling stop...

End of the day we'll never know anything but interesting nonetheless...
  • Options
    Interesting timing though, especially as budget cuts to Govt departments are being drawn up.
  • Options
    Oh and let's not forget that the US mid terms are this week too with many people supposedly favouring smaller candidates over the big 2 parties. The big parties love claiming that anti terrorism requires strong, dominant parties, what a timely reminder!
  • Options
    Stiff Little Fingers?
  • Options
    Stiff Little Fingers?
  • Options
    More of an alternative Ulster, I think Henry

Oh, and a copper bracelet might help
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Stiff Little Fingers?

Beat me to it. Twice.
  • Options
    Aren't they increasing Air Duty, next week?
  • Options
    It's all a load of old shite - the unpalatable truth is that, once people are willing to blow themselves to smithereens for whatever cause they believe in, there is precisely f***-all you can do about preventing terrorism. It's all about politics (same as it ever was)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    And that's before wondering how they found them, real needle in a haystack job that is. They cannot be scanning every single parcel at a refuelling stop...

Supposedly there was a tip off from one of the security agencies. Whatever the truth good work.
  • Options
    Alternative Ulster beats Suspect Device everyday.
  • Options
    I always liked 'At the Edge"