Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

McCormacks assesment and Solly back in training

Comments

• Nothing if not refreshing to hear that from Mac
  • I think Macca deserves a 2nd chance along side Semedo, nice to hear a bit of honesty too.
  • edited October 2010
    Seconded!

Now, Racon. Do you have anything to add to McCormack's statement?!
  • Great read from Macca
  • Half the battle is realising where you're going wrong and I have a feeling Macca will come good after seeing his early season displays for us.

Good news about Solly.
  • Says a lot about his character as a person to come out with that.

I know it's written by a journalist but he comes over as an articulate man as well.

I can see more of a role for him in CM now that Jackson is playing LM.
  • Fair enough but talk is cheap in this game.
  • Happened in Bailey's early days, and seemed to spur him on, so here's hoping...
  • Wow, what an impressive approach from Mac. Hope it bears dividends, both for him and for us.
  • Id give Mac a go with Semedo now i think. Hes more of a box to box than The Rac. Scored a decent header vs Orient if i remember correct.

Cant do no worse than Rac to be honest
  • Sponsored links:

• refreshing honesty from Macca. Now over to you Parky ........
  • Echo the comments above.
  • edited October 2010
    Good news about Solly. I’ll be very pleased to see him back in the team when fully fit. Hopefully Parky will give Waggy and Solly a run of a few game in the side and a chance to build a good partnership on the right.

Baldy Mac’s comments sounded very honest. Will be interested to see if Semedo and Mac can work together over a few games.
  • [cite]Posted By: Red Fraggle[/cite]Good news about Solly. I’ll be very pleased to see him back in the side when fully fit. Hopefully Parky will give Waggy and Solly a run in the side and a chance to build a good partnership on the right.

Baldy Mac’s comments sounded very honest. Will be interested to see if Semedo and Mac can work together over a few games.

I would not change thr RB postion right now, the Carlisle game i think SF created 2 or 3 of te girls from his crosses.
  • Give him a chance in the cups.
  • [cite]Posted By: Dizzle[/cite]Id give Mac a go with Semedo now i think. Hes more of a box to box than The Rac. Scored a decent header vs Orient if i remember correct.

Actually he did do worse, that was why he was dropped and that was, playing along side Semedo.
  • Good news that Solly is getting back, he probably won't need to do much to displace Francis
  • [cite]Posted By: StrikerFirmani[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Dizzle[/cite]Id give Mac a go with Semedo now i think. Hes more of a box to box than The Rac. Scored a decent header vs Orient if i remember correct.

Actually he did do worse, that was why he was dropped and that was, playing along side Semedo.

True, BUT...

Racon has been with us for how long? He has not exactly, shall we say, been consistent with his performances, to say the very least. A few flashes here and there doesn't convince really!

McCormack has only had a handful of games, was impressive in a couple, made some very clean, aggressive tackles (which is a potential that we really, really need). McCormack then had 1 really bad game/ got injured and has not played since.

I would give McCormack another chance now seeing as Racon has not exactly been setting the world on fire himself! He is obviously wanting to prove himself following the statement so let's give him the chance.
  • Mac is a replacement for Semedo, sadly not Racon
  • [cite]Posted By: Red5[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: StrikerFirmani[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Dizzle[/cite]Id give Mac a go with Semedo now i think. Hes more of a box to box than The Rac. Scored a decent header vs Orient if i remember correct.

True, BUT...

Racon has been with us for how long? He has not exactly, shall we say, been consistent with his performances, to say the very least. A few flashes here and there doesn't convince really!

McCormack has only had a handful of games, was impressive in a couple, made some very clean, aggressive tackles (which is a potential that we really, really need). McCormack then had 1 really bad game/ got injured and has not played since.

I would give McCormack another chance now seeing as Racon has not exactly been setting the world on fire himself! He is obviously wanting to prove himself following the statement so let's give him the chance.

You have apoint about Racon. However Mac needs to earn a recall, there will be chances for him from the bench.

Also it doesn't have to be a choice between Racon or Mac. My gut feeling is that Semedo and Mac do the same job and are not the best pairing unless we go 5 in the midfield then it would be a different matter.
  • Sponsored links:

• I am expecting the game to start at a frantic pace, and we will need Mac's aggression in the middle. I believe that the game will be won by whoever controls the midfield. I've loved what I have seen of Solly so far, in Curbs day we would probably have let him go and then waited for him to come back and haunt us. Whatever else happens I want to see that the whole team is playing for the shirt. COYR.
  • But what has Racon been doing in the last few gamse that is any different to Semedo because he certainly hasn't been supplying goals from midfield.
  • [cite]Posted By: StrikerFirmani[/cite]You have apoint about Racon. However Mac needs to earn a recall, there will be chances for him from the bench.

Also it doesn't have to be a choice between Racon or Mac. My gut feeling is that Semedo and Mac do the same job and are not the best pairing unless we go 5 in the midfield then it would be a different matter.

Hmm, I just think that while we are conceding too many goals: Semedo/McCormack (in place of Racon) will tighten up the midfield. We are too open as a team with Racon in the middle - he doesn't get involved enough for me, certainly doesn't close his man down and hardly ever tackles/breaks up their play. Semedo is more often than not having to mark 2 men and needs help from a battler - not a bottler!

I would certainly like to see the Semedo/McCormack pairing have another go now - lord knows Semedo/Racon have had enough airtime now - it simply is not working :)
  • McCormack and Semedo doesnt work for me. Notts Count was turgid, improved greatly when Racon was brought on.

Think we are short of a creative player in there. Loan?
  • [cite]Posted By: Clem_Snide[/cite]McCormack and Semedo doesnt work for me. Notts Count was turgid, improved greatly when Racon was brought on.

Think we are short of a creative player in there. Loan?

One game though!

Seen plently more bad performances from Racon over how many seasons now?
  • edited October 2010
    It's just utter madness to play Racon in the middle away from home, if you play with say a combination including or some of Waggy, Reid, Martin, Anyainsah, or Benson. Having 5 attack minded players away from home in the front six is just imbecilic, 2-2, 3-4 or not. As our record of two wins away from home proves.

Racon has given a very poor return since he's been in the team. McCormack looked much better in his first few games than Racon has ever done. OK so in a few games McCormack came off the boil, Racon never was on the boil.

What's the problem with bringing on Racon in home matches if there is a stalemate? This situation is made for him. McCormack's shown a willingness to adapt and improve in his words, something that Racon never has done 70-80 games. The criticism I give to Racon, is exactly the same Brighton fans had of him when he was on loan in 07-08. Dissapears for long phases, is nothing for the majority of quite a few matches and has a silky stunner in between.
  • Jackson - once Reid's fit. Nuff said. (As for left back in this instance, Fry. Sweet as a nut.)