Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jeffers on Trial in Oz

TELTEL
edited October 2010 in General Charlton
Secured a 10 week trial at new A league Club Gold Coast Utd. What a tragic fall from grace.....all the rage at Everton, the big money move to the Arse and now a trial with a new team in Oz....how not to plan your footballing career.

Comments

• Options
    oh dear, 10 week trial though, they're gonna know he's a twat after about an hour
  • Options
    Isn't that where Robbie Fowler is playing at the moment? Scousers reunited
  • Options
    TELTEL
    edited October 2010
    I thought he went to the other new team up in Townsville, not sure if it worked out for him there, had a feeling he fell out with someone. Can imagine how it must be to play football up there in the tropics....
  • Options
    Not surprised no English club will take a chance on him.

Blackpool had him on trial in the summer didn't they. Definitely better off with Varney over Jeffers.
  • Options
    its quite near the Carlton Brewery I think.....
  • Options
    I watched an aussie game ages ago in a pub - this was a top flight game and it was shocking. League 2 standard at best. Full of fat lazy bastards and psycopathic aborigne looking dudes who were athletic but didn't appear to have much going on in between the ears
  • Options
    the only trial he wants is for a crime against football the jug eared thieving scouse two hat
  • Options
    TELTEL
    edited October 2010
    Ive seen quite a few live games, its different. Technically very good at times, but a boring Italian style of play. I dont think Ive seen any Aborigines either playing, or at games.....Brazilians, Eastern Europeans and last chance saloon british players yes...some really talented young Aussies, but they soon get snapped up by European clubs, Germany especially for some reason. The sooner they can keep home grown players at home then the sooner "soccer" will be a success crowds arent too bad considering its probably 4th in line after Cricket, AFL and Rugby league. League 2 is a little harsh, Id accept top half league one though and being only one pro league its all top flight Swis lol. Andy Todd did well at Perth last year. You cant fault them for trying, and any football is better than no football for expats
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: owlsonlineadmin[/cite]the only trial he wants is for a crime against football the jug eared thieving scouse two hat

youre a fan then mate....
    :-)
  • Options
    I watched it a bit some years ago, mainly followed by non anglo aussies, and certainly no native australians
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: TEL[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: owlsonlineadmin[/cite]the only trial he wants is for a crime against football the jug eared thieving scouse two hat[/quote]

youre a fan then mate....
    :-)[/quote]

Obviously, despise the bloke
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    double post
  • Options
    On trial...for sheep bothering.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]Isn't that where Robbie Fowler is playing at the moment? Scousers reunited
    I think he is at Perth Glory
  • Options
    Fowler is at Perth glory...

I saw him play melbourne victory earlier in the season... if jeffers is at Gold Coast thats a good swoop for them...

Jason Culina (ex PSV) and Shane Smeltz (new zealand scored against Italy) is not a bad front foot...

Victory this year will do nothing, we havnt got a striker if archie thompson comes back we might make the finals but at the mo we just dont have a lot in the final third, the Sydney result was a bit flattering really as they are very poor at the moment... Cruse is doing alright..

Personally I love the A league..
  • Options
    Jeffers on Trial in Oz

Has he murdered another sitter ?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]I watched an aussie game ages ago in a pub - this was a top flight game and it was shocking. League 2 standard at best. Full of fat lazy bastards and psycopathic aborigne looking dudes who were athletic but didn't appear to have much going on in between the ears

So much for political correctness ...

Tell us what yah really think!
  • Options
    His Owls record speaks for its self.... Thieving twot
  • Options
    Looks like the Fox in the Box is turning into the Fog in the Bog !
  • Options
    Or the Bilby in the billabong
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Jeffers on the box ever here right now...

Absolute quality win for Melbourne against Adelaide last night...
  • Options
    Finally gone to the Jets by all accounts
  • Options
    Agree, the A-League standard is rather low, however better than no league at all.

Ex Millwall, Paul Ifill (Wellington Phoenix - only non-Aussie team in the A-League) is probably the best forward in the entire league.

And ex Palace/Millwall w@nker Kevin Muscat plays for Melbourne Victory.
    I had the "pleasure" of bumping in to him in a pub last year.
    He told me that he HATES Charlton Athletic (obviously after the Matty Holmes incident).
    He's a complete knob-end.
  • Options
    Knob end is an understatement. You should have twatted him.
  • Options
    He almost f***** it up for us last night within 22 seconds whne he took this bloke out straight after kick off putting us under pressure and the ball into the box meant we were one down within 1 minute, total pillock...

Paul Ifill is decent but he aint the best forward in the league, Thompson on his day, Smeltz, I think even robbie Kruse, is at the same level...

Buy saying that S you are a biased...

')

PS Happy Anniversary!
  • Options
    I did tell him that he was an utter c... and that I hoped he would run into a career ending injury very soon. He didn't like that.
  • Options
    Tel, I would have been in deep trouble too, if I'd twatted him. Still waiting for my permanent residency...and twatting someone (no matter if he's ex Millwall/Palace or not) would probably not look too good.

Jon, yes, I'm biased, but if you've noticed the impact that Ifill has had on Wellington. He took them from being wooden spooners to the semifinal.
    And thanks by the way. 10 good years today!
  • Options
    I wouldnt put that all down to Ifill personally...

Although in the bigger games he has always delivered, bit like thompson...and dare I say it ... muscat... aaarrrrrghhh!!
  • Options
    TELTEL
    edited October 2010
    I actually fully understand mate. I've been put in the same situation myself in the past. Still the upside is that it keeps us behaved. Good on you for speaking your mind to him. Paul G from ADU did a banner which he took to a few Victory games saying something along the lines of Muscat remember Matty Holmes along with the Charlton logo. I gave him plenty of abuse when I watched the Mariners play Victiry the season before last. Can't stand the bloke.
  • Options
    TEL, has Paul G still got the banner? Would love to bring it next time we (Wellington) plays Melbourne Victory.
    Will be standing outside stadium when the players arrive too, just to abuse him (ideally with the banner).
    Also...when is the next Melbourne meeting planned? There's been two (since I moved to Melb) and I've not been able to attend either of them because of the timing.