Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Daylight robbery

So, I'm just sitting in my room, relaxing, enjoying my afternoon off uni. Go over to the window to have a smoke and see a hooded lad cycle 4-5 times up and down my road, stop, smash a car window opposite my house and get off with a laptop and sat nav. The uni in hull is in a proper crappy area, so things like this are to be expected to happen at night. What really gets me is that there was atleast another 3-4 people on the street who all saw it happen as well.

How can some people care so little about the law and themselves, broaddaylight, plenty of witnesses and about 5 meters from a main road, so loads more will have heard the window pop.

Absolute madness.

Comments

• Options
    maybe getting stabbed for saving someones laptop is a risk to far mate.
  • Options
    Think he means the bloke that nicked the laptop. But can see where your coming from. Not worth the hasle tryin to stop him.
  • Options
    oh crikey gotcha
  • Options
    HigHig
    edited October 2010
    I thought this thread was about watching charlton play when I read the title
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Addick Hig[/cite]I thought this thread was about watching charlton play when I read the title

Best thing about Hull, don't have to do that too often ;-)
  • Options
    Leave a laptop on show in car and you deserve to have it nicked.

If it was a kid and gets caught there is no real punishment for him so go carte blanche to do as they wish.
  • Options
    More surprised that people in Hull have laptops and satnavs that they can afford to leave laying around in their cars
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MrOneLung[/cite]Leave a laptop on show in car and you deserve to have it nicked.

If it was a kid and gets caught there is no real punishment for him so go carte blanche to do as they wish.

kind of agree with that, along with the sat nav it's a pretty stupid thing to do !, doesn't make it right at all but still inviting it really.
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]More surprised that people in Hull have laptops and satnavs that they can afford to leave laying around in their cars

Owner was visiting from Grimsby!
    [cite]Posted By: MrOneLung[/cite]Leave a laptop on show in car and you deserve to have it nicked.

Especially when you live in one of the poorest areas in the UK that's riddled with crime.

Ironically the car was owned by a security/cctv company
  • Options
    lets hope it was a bailiff then
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite]

kind of agree with that, along with the sat nav it's a pretty stupid thing to do !, doesn't make it right at all but still inviting it really.

Yeah, no one deserves to get their property nicked even if they leave it laying around or come from Grimsby.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stu of HU5[/cite]

How can some people care so little about the law and themselves, broaddaylight, plenty of witnesses and about 5 meters from a main road, so loads more will have heard the window pop.

Perhaps he cares so little because yourself and plenty of witnesses have done sod all to prevent it or stop him. If you've noticed a kid riding up and down with a hood on then you know he is scoping things out. Could've easily stood outside on the pavement to have a smoke and deterred him.

Then you could've spotted the laptop and sat nav and pinched it yourself.
  • Options
    To be fair, when I first saw him acting all shifty looking around etc I'd assumed he was a dealer dropping off, as for leaving the house to stop him, even if I was stupid enough to go challenge a clearly armed brainless local, by the time I'd have made it downstairs he woulda been long gone.
  • Options
    thought this was gonna be about Benson.
  • Options
    Satnav ... in a car?

Has the World gone mad?
  • Options
    Would have loved to have seen the crook being chased down the road by the old bill...

'At the next alleyway, turn right...'
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]More surprised that people in Grimsby have laptops and satnavs that they can afford to leave laying around in their cars

Agree