Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

rooney to leave man yoo

Did you hear the Alex Ferguson interview hats off to fergie the boys on his way.

Man city here he comes

Comments

• Options
    Don't particularly like Ferguson but as he's mellowing in his old age he's become more and more likeable in his moral viewpoint.

Well done Fergie.

Rooney is a disgrace on and off the pitch and now hopefully the united fans will take off their tinted glasses and see what the rest of the country has seen for however long.
  • Options
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/man_utd/9104392.stm

Surely he won't stay in this country? Real Madrid...
  • Options
    Madrid and Barca both need a striker but both truly want(ed) Fernando Llorente

Will be interesting how that changes now!
  • Options
    United are in serious trouble: horrible debts, rapidly weakening playing staff, and Sir Alex sure to retire within a few years. Rooney going would be a massive blow, especially if the transfer money dissapears into an interest payment black hole like the Ronaldo money seems to have done.
  • Options
    love - 15

15 All

Are there some contract negotiations going on by any chance?

And if Rooney could leave his beloved Everton for United I don't see why he couldn't go to City or Chelsea but I still think he'll have re-sign and say how he "never wanted to leave, I love this club"
  • Options
    I am finding the downfall of those quite funny. I hate rooney scouse slag!! But if he leaves man yoo could well be right schteimered!
  • Options
    Oh dear,how sad,never mind!
  • Options
    I think that Fergie is realising he ain't as good as the hype suggests and without Ronaldo carrying the side a complete re think is needed. I would have kept Tevez over Rooney. If he was brilliant on the pitch for Man U, Fergie wouldn't contemplate selling him even if he'd had an affair with his wife (which in Rooney's case wouldn't be that far fetched)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]Don't particularly like Ferguson but as he's mellowing in his old age he's become more and more likeable in his moral viewpoint.

Well done Fergie.

Rooney is a disgrace on and off the pitch and now hopefully the united fans will take off their tinted glasses and see what the rest of the country has seen for however long.

By disgrace on the pitch do you mean overrated? Because whilst he's had an awful 6 months, his form last season was sensational and I think he really is a top class player. No arguments about him as a human being though.
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]Madrid and Barca both need a striker but both truly want(ed) Fernando Llorente

I just can't see Rooney going to Spain, adapting to a new country, learning the language etc. He can just about grasp English!

Money talks so it's either City for 200k a week or Chelsea if they can afford the transfer fee.

He'd have cost 70m+ a year ago, now out of form, contract running down, what will he go for? 30-35m?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ferguson's definitely a pragmatist not a moralist. you can't run a football club and be guided primarily by ethics. most of the players, owners and press are scum
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Sussex_Addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]Don't particularly like Ferguson but as he's mellowing in his old age he's become more and more likeable in his moral viewpoint.

Well done Fergie.

By disgrace on the pitch do you mean overrated? Because whilst he's had an awful 6 months, his form last season was sensational and I think he really is a top class player. No arguments about him as a human being though.

Disgrace on the pitch reference to his comments about England fans in South Africa, his lazy attitude, his persistent below-par performances and lack of goals.

In all fairness, look back on his record over the last few seasons, last season (more the last calendar year, up to the Munich game in the Spring which is where his season ended) was the exception more than the rule.
  • Options
    You would expect him to want to leave the country. Spain obviously the only real place you can see him playing in.

If he goes to Citeh, then that's just ridiculous.
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited October 2010
    Fergie was really interested in Benzema who hasnt exactly set the world alight at the Bernabeu. Wouldnt be surprised to see some kind of swap deal.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Bexley Dan[/cite]I think that Fergie is realising he ain't as good as the hype suggests and without Ronaldo carrying the side a complete re think is needed. I would have kept Tevez over Rooney. If he was brilliant on the pitch for Man U, Fergie wouldn't contemplate selling him even if he'd had an affair with his wife (which in Rooney's case wouldn't be that far fetched)

Where were you from August 2009-March 2010 then? Rooney single handedly carried Man Utd before he was rushed back from injury.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Bexley Dan[/cite]I think that Fergie is realising he ain't as good as the hype suggests and without Ronaldo carrying the side a complete re think is needed. I would have kept Tevez over Rooney. If he was brilliant on the pitch for Man U, Fergie wouldn't contemplate selling him even if he'd had an affair with his wife (which in Rooney's case wouldn't be that far fetched)

See I think thats nonsense. It was Rooney who carried the team for United last season and made it so they didn't miss Ronaldo's presence too keenly. The guy scored 35 goals for goodness sake, as well as being a major creator.

It's like the way that some are now going "Torres isn't as good as he was made out to be". He really was, I remember the goals he's scored. But he's just also on a horrendous run on form.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]

Where were you from August 2009-March 2010 then? Rooney single handedly carried Man Utd before he was rushed back from injury.

Agree. Fergie is quite happy to let players go who are good on the pitch (Stam, Ronaldo, Tevez) if that suits him or at least the finances.

But he hasn't gone yet, plenty of time for them to kiss and make up.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Sussex_Addick[/cite]

Well done Fergie.

Disgrace on the pitch reference to his comments about England fans in South Africa, his lazy attitude, his persistent below-par performances and lack of goals.

In all fairness, look back on his record over the last few seasons, last season (more the last calendar year, up to the Munich game in the Spring which is where his season ended) was the exception more than the rule.

In terms of goals yes, because he was pushed up into the central striking role when Ronaldo left. But his form was still excellent in the preceding seasons when he played either on the wing or as a sort of advanced attacking midfielder.
  • Options
    Another possibility here is that he has a long standing ankle / foot weakness and they may use all the other factors currently going on as a smokescreen. He definitely has problems in that department and they ain't going to decrease with age and will affect Man U's valuation of his worth - like Joe Cole - he wouldn't have left Chelsea if they thought he was good for their team.
  • Options
    The thing about him in South Africa probably had a lot to do with him being kicked out by the Mrs before the world cup
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    love to see him go man city. nothing like watching northerners having a go at each other.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]The thing about him in South Africa probably had a lot to do with him being kicked out by the Mrs before the world cup

And Sky and the UK media grossly over-rating the ability of our team and players so that anything less than a stellar performance comes as a shock to them.

Having said that he was dire in South Africa.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]Ferguson's definitely a pragmatist

I think you'll find he's a capricorn.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DaveMehmet[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]Ferguson's definitely a pragmatist

I think you'll find he's a capricorn.

No, Jesus was a Capricorn (obscure muso joke, sorry)
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    I think this is about nothing other than money. He knows, and he knows Man united and Fergie know, there are several players playing for Man City who currently earn over £200,000 per week. If you pay players what they are worth then he, and his agent, probably think he should be on £300,000 per week. Yet Man United make it known they can only go up to £130,000 per week.

I can’t see Man United backing down on this, especially as they are always making a big thing about their wage bill/turnover ratio being in line with the rules about football club finances being introduced in 2012.

Rooney is not a Manchester United fan. Why should he spend the next 4 years of his career earning half what he could at another club? I don’t blame him (or his agent) one bit.
  • Options
    Would not be surprised to see him go to Madrid- then hate it as he is too thick to learn Spanish and to wear suncream. He will then come back to the UK with Chelsea where he will join John Terry and Ashley Cole and become part of the trio of the biggest bell-ends in English football.
  • Options
    Maybe he wants to leave because the club is a joke? Simultaneously broke and spunking £9million on Bebe. Claiming superiority whilst slowly sliding backwards behind everyone else. Apart from Liverpool. Who remain the one spot of light in this increasingly greying season.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: cafcdan18[/cite]Would not be surprised to see him go to Madrid- then hate it as he is too thick to learn Spanish and to wear suncream. He will then come back to the UK with Chelsea where he will join John Terry and Ashley Cole and become part of the trio of the biggest bell-ends in English football.

I'd be surprised if Mourinho wants him - he's too clever for that.
  • Options
    Could we get him on loan a la Bellamy to Cardiff?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: IA[/cite]Could we get him on loan a la Bellamy to Cardiff?

oh no, he would be too much of a contraversial signing for the blanket brigade