Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

I've just this minute booked RTW ticket

Round the world ticket starting 18th September 2007 - 18th September 2008. £1450!

Japan - 1 week
Thailand - 7 weeks
Singapoore - 2 weeks
Oz - 6 months
New Zeland - 6 weeks
Fiji - 2 weeks
Cook Islands - 2 weeks
USA - 1 month

I can't bloody wait... gotta keep me savings going for another 8 months and i'm off! :D :D :D

If anything happend between me and this 'laydee' I can't wait trying to explain this to her!!

Comments

• Options
    Fantastic, you jammy b*****d.

Whereabouts in Japan are you going?
  • Options
    Nice.

Did a similar trip myself when I finished a degree (bloomin 14 years ago now)....you'll have agreat time... make sure you visit Western Australia and prepare to allow more time in New Zealand - it's beautiful there.
  • Options
    Make sure you got to Queenstown whilst in NZ. Don't do any other jetboat than the Shotover Jet - Trust me - It's awesome.
  • Options
    I could have saved up and brought a car but I just can't let this oppotunity pass me by!

Going to tokyo and departing in osaka.

Everybody has said how beautiful New Zeland is, I reckon that it could turn out to be the suprise country.
  • Options
    i did that trip but the other way round and swap cook islands for hawaii and japan for malaysia indonesia instead. no point going to japan penniless.

19 months of sheer wonderfuless. You've just depressed me.
    if you enjoy it in oz you can extend your visa whilst there i think, as your flight will be valid from one year from the date you start traveling. 6 months not long enough if you can work.
  • Options
    Dan had a similar journey to work this morning
  • Options
    Yeah thats what i'm thinking. I'm doing two months in Sydney working and a month in Melbourne working.

I have an organised trip in USA for 28 days so I gotta be in USA for 07 July 08, but I know that I will most end up in Oz for another 6 months within 2 years time!
  • Options
    yes but you only ever get one working visa so dont waste it. er unless of course you have an irish passport then perhaps... two is possible.
  • Options
    Hmmm looks like i'm gonna have to find a nice aussie lady to marry haha!
  • Options
    Sounds good but personally I wouldn't spend 1 day in the US let alone a month! Maybe South America though.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: tom_cafc[/cite]Round the world ticket starting 18th September 2007 - 18th September 2008. £1450!

Japan - 1 week
    Thailand - 7 weeks
    Singapoore - 2 weeks
    Oz - 6 months
    New Zeland - 6 weeks
    Fiji - 2 weeks
    Cook Islands - 2 weeks
    USA - 1 month

That only adds up to 50 weeks! You're being ripped off Tom I'D tell them to stick it if I were you, or, You could sell me the ticket I'd give you £500 for it1 (Just to help out a younger lifer you understand.
  • Options
    theres plenty of ways round it tom. i applied for an extension when i arrived three months after my visa had been granted... so i could stay the full 12 months, i had slight amnesia and stayed 13 months, and got a year a ban from the country. bit unfair when the antipodeans have i think two years to stay here tho.

anyway i coudl go on and on about my trip. if you need any questions answered just whisper to me and ill try and give you some advice though obviously this was back in 93 so things might be different.
  • Options
    If I give you a gnome in a Charlton strip, would you carry it with you and photograph it in scenes all around the world?
  • Options
    what a fantastic trip,

jealous as hell Tom, good luck to you
  • Options
    How many flights is that tho?

I aint gettin on no plane foooooooooo
  • Options
    I'm gonna try and get some sort of website going so AFKA/Lookout maybe you could help me there?

Going to try and put blogs on it photos etc. Also views on Charlton in the CC (sorry i mean premiership :D) Be nice for the family back home to have a look and make them all bloody jelous! Only 1 year of my life so gonna bloody enjoy it like hell I hope!

Curb_It thanks for that, i may well have some questions etc so i'll remember that.

And yeah the gnome sounds great!

I want to try and collect some sort of souvenir in each country, i was thinking a football strip of the local team would be a good one.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]theres plenty of ways round it tom. i applied for an extension when i arrived three months after my visa had been granted... so i could stay the full 12 months, i had slight amnesia and stayed 13 months, and got a year a ban from the country. bit unfair when the antipodeans have i think two years to stay here tho.

anyway i coudl go on and on about my trip. if you need any questions answered just whisper to me and ill try and give you some advice though obviously this was back in 93 so things might be different.

Git, I think I had him considering it for a MINUTE THERE
  • Options
    I was so close to offering it to you aswell. Ahh shame.
  • Options
    I did a rtw trip back in '97.

I reckon you could do NZ in 3 weeks to a month, bay of islands, rotarua (geysers), queenstown, fox glacier, milford sound, etc. I went white water rafting near rotarua, amazing experience, you could drink the water it is so pure there.

It really depends if you just wanna do sightseeing or if you wanna work for a bit, clearly the latter needs longer. Purely sightseeing you could do Aus in a couple of months maybe three.
  • Options
    Lookout...... nice hats of to Amelie there(ghome round the would)

Yeah Tom youll have a great time..... you going alone or with a mate or anything lke that???

If you need to know anything about Melbourne feel free to whisper me.......
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    do you approve 04 MCS? ;-)
  • Options
    If you could do it with no work, if you have the spodolix, then do it... just booze and parties... heaven....
  • Options
    Nice trip enjoy... personally would say a week would be long enough in Singapore.... use the other week in NZ.... Went there early last year for a months holiday..... the most fantastic place i've been to both islands are incredible you'll want to spend as much time there as you can.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WestStandSinger[/cite]do you approve 04 MCS? ;-)

yeah defo man, i wanna eventually move to either NZ or Aus.

So long as its not egypt or anyware near north afrika or the middle east! They dont deserve our tourism money imo! bold statememnt i no, but pah, who cares its my opinion and i aint budging.

Forgot to say good luck to tom, good luck tom, altho i am sure you wont need it.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: tom_cafc[/cite]Round the world ticket starting 18th September 2007 - 18th September 2008. £1450!

Japan - 1 week
    Thailand - 7 weeks
    Singapoore - 2 weeks
    Oz - 6 months
    New Zeland - 6 weeks
    Fiji - 2 weeks
    Cook Islands - 2 weeks
    USA - 1 month

I can't bloody wait... gotta keep me savings going for another 8 months and i'm off! :D:D:D

If anything happend between me and this 'laydee' I can't wait trying to explain this to her!!

as others have said you must do Queenstown. Awesome place. Also scenic flight over Fox Glacier and Mount Cook is an experience as well. Also, there is a small church by Lake Wakitipu. Absolutely stunning view from inside. Takes your breath away. Osaka is an interesting place as well. Osaka Castle well worth a visit.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: 04 MCS[/cite]

So long as its not egypt or anyware near north afrika or the middle east! They dont deserve our tourism money imo! bold statememnt i no, but pah, who cares its my opinion and i aint budging.

Forgot to say good luck to tom, good luck tom, altho i am sure you wont need it.

So do I dood. Even got my family in Oz to sponsor me but don't quite have enough points to get in. Need to take up hairdressing I suppose !!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: 04 MCS[/cite]

So long as its not egypt or anyware near north afrika or the middle east!

you have to learn to spell belvedere before you move to oz.
  • Options
    Tom,
    Top man, did a very similar trip 3 years ago ,the best thing i've ever done.
    Your gona love it mate!!!!!!!
    New Zealand is a must, Lake Wanaker is a must do along with queenstown.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: tom_cafc[/cite]I was so close to offering it to you aswell. Ahh shame.

Story of my life mate! Anyhow enjoy!!!
  • Options
    Thanks for all the comments people, made me look even more forward to it!

Serious note however, I really don't think I could end up coming back to sunny sidcup after spending a year in places like cook islands and NZ/OZ etc etc.

So you guys who have done the RTW Trip how did you find it coming back "home" after being away? Was it more of a 'glad to be home' or 'i wish i was out there again'