Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Chelsea sign Michael Gyasi from Northampton

for an undisclosed fee.

Nothing surprising there other than Michael is 11 years old.

Comments

• won't be able to play until the transfer window opens though
  • ridiculous
  • Looking forward to seeing how good he is on FM 2016
  • Remember the name as you'll never hear it again.
  • Ladbrokes are already offering the following:

50/1 - Michael Gyasi to play for the Chelsea 1st team by 2015

100/1 - Michael Gyasi to be top Premier League goalscorer before 2020
  • So what was the undisclosed fee - a year's supply of chocolate bars and a free skateboard?

(Which probably shows how out-of-date I am. Somebody will probably tell me that most 11 year olds have graduated to crack and Courvoisier these days!)
  • [cite]Posted By: incorruptible addick[/cite]So what was the undisclosed fee - a year's supply of chocolate bars and a free skateboard?

(Which probably shows how out-of-date I am. Somebody will probably tell me that most 11 year olds have graduated to crack and Courvoisier these days!)

I think the fee is paid to Northampton Town FC. Any payment to the child is more likely to be in the form of a car or house.
  • Thanks, Henry. A very serious answer, to what was only a throw-away joke!

I hope he holds out for a Ferrari ..
  • [cite]Posted By: incorruptible addick[/cite]Thanks, Henry. A very serious answer, to what was only a throw-away joke!

I hope he holds out for a Ferrari ..

I'm sure they'll let him have his pick from the corgi range ;-)
  • must be cool to have panini swapsys of yourself
  • Sponsored links:

• Surely he will go for the baby Bentley.
  • hopefully we can get him on a month's loan
  • [cite]Posted By: Salad[/cite]hopefully we can get him on a month's loan

He'll be too good for us.
  • Threads like this always remind me of much hyped kids that disappeared without trace. Whatever happened to Cherno Samba?

Even more recently i recall the fuss made when Chelsea poached 2 kids from Leeds and had to pay £5m compensation. Of the 2 kids, Michael Woods has made 2 sub appearances in 4 seasons and the other (Tom Taiwo) is now at Carlisle. 5m well spent there then!
  • [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]Threads like this always remind me of much hyped kids that disappeared without trace. Whatever happened to Cherno Samba?

Even more recently i recall the fuss made when Chelsea poached 2 kids from Leeds and had to pay £5m compensation. Of the 2 kids, Michael Woods has made 2 sub appearances in 4 seasons and the other (Tom Taiwo) is now at Carlisle. 5m well spent there then!

Wayne Harrison anyone
  • Sartor went to Juve for over a million when he was about 13. Had a decent Serie A career, but never quite scaled the heights. Many hyped wonderkids go the way of Freddy Adu - not sure if it's because the pressure gets to them or (possibly in Freddy's case) they end up playing with people with the same level of physical developement, they don't look so wonderful. If you look at any international schoolboys select side the number of them that make it at the top level is pretty limited.