Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Dundee fall into Administration

Dundee are to go into administration for the second time in seven years after failing to negotiate a deal over an outstanding tax bill of £365,000.

PKF has confirmed that the accountancy company has been appointed as administrator for the First Division football club.

The formal process is likely to take place on Wednesday or Thursday.

Redundancies are certain to follow and the club could receive a punitive points deduction.

"The directors of Dundee FC have today decided that their only option is to place the club into administration," said the club in a statement.

Until the administration is effective, all staff will remain in post and the club will continue to operate normally

Dundee Football Club statement
"The administration appointment is expected to take effect from the middle of next week and the directors have approached Bryan Jackson, of accountants PKF, to consider being appointed administrator.

"The directors have taken this decision with considerable regret but believe that they have no other choice in the current circumstances.

"Until the administration is effective, all staff will remain in post and the club will continue to operate normally."

Players and staff received half wages on Wednesday after a delay in payment and it has now emerged that debts could be as high as £1.5m, although much of that appears to be to current directors.

And assistant manager Billy Dodds told BBC Scotland: "As a management team, players and other staff, we are all in the dark.

"It has been tiring and there has to be some conclusion. If it helps save the club, so be it, but it does not deflect from how hard it is going to be for everybody at the club."

The Dens Park club had hoped to make a one-off payment to Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs and arrange a settlement plan for the remaining debt.

Investor Calum Melville had pledged to fund such a move and his spokesman told BBC Scotland on Wednesday that the businessman had lodged £200,000 with the club's solicitors to aid the talks with the tax authorities and help with the payment of wages.

However, with Melville, the club's main benefactor, recently offering to resign his position from the board and ongoing concerns over mounting debts, the club has decided to move into administration in an attempt to secure their future

Comments

• Options
    A horrible mess of a club, of late. They could be the first one in recent history to disappear.
  • Options
    I dearly hope not as they are my team in Scotland after the boys used to come down.Been promising to take the littlen up for some time, will be gutted if they go.
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]I dearly hope not as they are my team in Scotland after the boys used to come down.Been promising to take the littlen up for some time, will be gutted if they go.

Sadly, you might have to hurry up and book that trip.
  • Options
    Fond memories of drinking with the Dundee lads in the Goathouse
  • Options
    Jesus Christ I've just realised that without the three points gained from the financially frivolous Densers the Jags are rock bottom of the table and heading back to the third division.

Save Dundee.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: American_Addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]I dearly hope not as they are my team in Scotland after the boys used to come down.Been promising to take the littlen up for some time, will be gutted if they go.

He does everything sadly!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: smudge7946[/cite]This is sad news for Dundee fans.
    Theres not another club around for literally metres!

lol
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DaveMehmet[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: American_Addick[/cite]

He does everything sadly!
    post of the week!
  • Options

The Dundee lads will be down for the Help the Heroes Night in the conservative club on Sat 30th oct. All proceeds to the Legion Club. All welcome mate
  • Options
    Dundee deducted 25 Points. No messing about in the Scottish Leagues. Ouch!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: shirty5[/cite]Dundee deducted 25 Points. No messing about in the Scottish Leagues. Ouch!!

Shouldn't that be Och!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DaveMehmet[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: shirty5[/cite]Dundee deducted 25 Points. No messing about in the Scottish Leagues. Ouch!!

Shouldn't that be Och!
    Hoots
  • Options
    WUR DOOOOMPT
    frazerDM1112_228x374.jpg
  • Options
    Dundee lose appeal against 25pts deduction.
  • Options
    What a load of pony. Would love it if they stayed up.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: stop shouting[/cite]What a load of pony. Would love it if they stayed up.[/quote]

THEY CAN STILL STAY UP, HOPEFULLY
  • Options
    You can't stay up with a minus 25 deduction . Even in that cack league
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Mortimerician[/cite]A horrible mess of a club, of late. They could be the first one in recent history to disappear.[/quote]

What about Gretna?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]You can't stay up with a minus 25 deduction . Even in that cack league
    If they keep playing the way they have so far this season then they will, depends on how the players respond.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    where are they in the league
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]where are they in the league

They will go to bottom on 7 points, but that is only 7 points from outright safety with an infinitely superior GD (though the team they are chasing, Morton, have played two games fewer)

There is a relegation play-off for second bottom which they are only 5 points shy of (albeit having again played 2 games more) though their GD counts for an extra point

They were in 2nd (level on points with Falkirk in third who have a game in hand on Dundee) with a record P17 W9 D5 L3

I'd say if they respond well they can at the very least avoid finishing bottom and so make the two-legged play-off - they have done so well to get so many points in the bank until now with all this hanging over them, it gives them a real chance
  • Options
    They've picked up 32 points so far from 17 games. If they keep the same points-per-game ratio (less than 2 points per game, so achievable), after taking the deduction into account, they'll finish on 42 points.

Last season, Raith finished 7th on 42 points.

Dundee have a huge chance, very impressive so far