Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England U19

England spanked Albania 6-1 in the first game of the european U19 championship. Goals from McEachran,Kane x2, Wickham,Shelvey (pen) and Afobe. Shelvey was again made captain,their next game is Sunday against Cyprus then Wednesday against Belgium.

Comments

• Options
    Wonder if there was a minutes 'Mr Grimsdale' for Norman Wisdom?
  • Options
    nice one JJ, captainin England at any level cant be bad long may your success continue

bet your very proud uncle, hope he can get in the liverpool squad soon aswell
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]Wonder if there was a minutes 'Mr Grimsdale' for Norman Wisdom?
    :-)

You have to hope so.
  • Options
    He wouldve been prouder if he hadnt been perving and hurt himself and we could have been there for weds ;-)

Good boy JJ
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]He wouldve been prouder if he hadnt been perving and hurt himself and we could have been there for weds ;-)

Good boy JJ

What a grass!!!

Falconwood I'm guessing that most of the ones playing wouldn't have a clue who he is. Sad but true.
  • Options
    Another impressive display by the england youngsters today beating Cyrus 4-0 and qualifying for the Elite round. Goals from Afobe x3 and Shelvey (captain) made it a very easy win and they now face Belguim on Wednesday who are hosting this stage of the tournament.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]He wouldve been prouder if he hadnt been perving and hurt himself and we could have been there for weds ;-)

Good boy JJ[/quote]

What a grass!!!

Falconwood I'm guessing that most of the ones playing wouldn't have a clue who he is. Sad but true.[/quote]

I cant see Jonjo in a flat cap though eh!
  • Options
    Pleased for Jonjo obviously and on a side note, the lad McEachran from Chelsea looks a very decent player. Sure he has already made his debut for Chelsea and certainly one for the future. Would be great on loan, but can't see it somehow.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]Another impressive display by the england youngsters today beating Cyrus 4-0 and qualifying for the Elite round. Goals from Afobe x3 and Shelvey (captain) made it a very easy win and they now face Belguim on Wednesday who are hosting this stage of the tournament.

Heard great things about Afobe. Young striker at Arsenal rumoured to be the next big thing. Bloke at work raves about him, apparently he was Arsenal's youngest ever reserve player beating Wilshere's record.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: cafcdan18[/cite]Pleased for Jonjo obviously and on a side note, the lad McEachran from Chelsea looks a very decent player. Sure he has already made his debut for Chelsea and certainly one for the future. Would be great on loan, but can't see it somehow.

Ancelotti ruled that out a couple of weeks ago. Basically said he's too good to loan out and he's good enough for Chelsea now so will get the experience he needs playing for them.
  • Options
    I think a lot of this current squad have great futures ahead of them. Afobe's got 4 in 2 games which aint a bad return. The good thing about them is they play fantastic passing football all one and two touch, no long hoofs down the pitch. If only it can stay like that all the way through to the first team. I think then we would have a team that can callenge at international level. I would love to see this squad of players being made our olympic team, with Wilshere and walcott added I think it would be great for them and the nation to get behind a team that will be trying their hardest
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]I think a lot of this current squad have great futures ahead of them. Afobe's got 4 in 2 games which aint a bad return. The good thing about them is they play fantastic passing football all one and two touch, no long hoofs down the pitch. If only it can stay like that all the way through to the first team. I think then we would have a team that can callenge at international level. I would love to see this squad of players being made our olympic team, with Wilshere and walcott added I think it would be great for them and the nation to get behind a team that will be trying their hardest

Good shout Unc, doesn't the Olympic team have to be under 21 or 23 anyway?
  • Options
    I dont know about that to be honest but if that is the case then it would make even more sense. If kept together, in 4 years time we'll have a very good young world cup team and in 8 years time they will still only be between 25 and 28. That could be some team by then.
  • Options
    Yeah Olympic football is u23, though I think there is some sort of rule about having a few overage players. Zheng Zhi played for China as their overage player a few years ago.

Good to know they're playing passing football uncle. So important to be able to keep possession at a World Cup, something England had a big problem with this year.
  • Options
    England lost today 2-1 to host nation Belguim in what sounded an excellent game. Shelvey had a penalty saved after 7 minutes an despite England bossing the game Belguim took the lead in injury time of the first half. England pressed and pressed for a goal but were denied each time by the excellent Belgium keeper. On 86 minutes England had a corner it was taken by shelvey and the keeper pushed it onto the bar Ngoo followed up for the equaliser. Straight from the restart Belguim went back down the other end and scored. England are still through to the eilte round as runners up.
  • Options
    For the proper report its now on the site

Link
  • Options
    Thanks for keeping us up to date. From I've read in a few places it sounds like Jonjo is bossing games. Are the matches on tv anywhere?
  • Options
    Apparently the albania game was shown on espn after it was played. I'm not sure if the others will be at sometime.
  • Options
    Just read on the website that there will be video highligts of the games on there today
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2010
  • Options
    Poor penalty by Jon Jo - he must have been watching his Uncle in the Charlton Life game! :-)

However, every single highlight featured him! Looks like he's still running games for the U19s
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: supaclive[/cite]Poor penalty by Jon Jo - he must have been watching his Uncle in the Charlton Life game! :-)

However, every single highlight featured him! Looks like he's still running games for the U19s

Bloody cheek i've never missed one, that was a horror one i will give him some stick for that. If i got one in a CL game, WSS (that cheating lino) would flag me offside taking the penalty.
  • Options
    Glad his gone if he cant take a pen never make a player ;-)