Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

SNOW!!!

WSSWSS
edited January 2007 in Other Football and Sports
Expect London to come to a halt....

Comments

• Options
    no trains on sidcup line at the mo....
  • Options
    cue away games scheduled in the north...
  • Options
    Saw the snow and left early.

Makes me laugh after watching 4 packed trains leave the station with no room for the Hither Green crowd, the announcement to keep all your belongings with you etc.
  • Options
    Took me 2 hours to get in... I hate this fooking country. It's not even thick snow FFS!
  • Options
    just got in after getting a 7.34 from Dartford.

"We're sorry for the delays, its the adverse weather conditions"

you know they were bloody coming, prepare yourselves you incompetent fools
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WestStandSinger[/cite]just got in after getting a 7.34 from Dartford.

"We're sorry for the delays, its the adverse weather conditions"

you know they were bloody coming, prepare yourselves you incompetent fools

Might have been the wrong type of snow? ;-)
  • Options
    MCSMCS
    edited January 2007
    Just got in, left at 8 which is 15 mins early, so its took nearly 2 hours to do 8 miles! It took one hour to get from Upper Belvederederdredeere to the top of shooters hill.

Echo what Medders said, your spot on mate, joke country, full of planks
  • Options
    NO snow in Sittingbourne or Faversham this morning, but people slightly further out in Twydall, Upchurch & Maidstone have all got it...Booooooo
  • Options
    It starts from around Newington Ketters.... typical eh!
  • Options
    FFS how the hell am I supposed to claim I cannot drive to work due to adverse weather ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I came wizzing down the Thames at 30mph, slight delay as there was a problem at Greenwich pier with people who switched to the river from the trains, but easy peezey
  • Options
    We had about an inch in Surrey. Obviously told the wife it was 6 inches...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]FFS how the hell am I supposed to claim I cannot drive to work due to adverse weather ?

I don't know how, but my Mrs has managed to do that this morning... and she only works in Sbourne!!
  • Options
    yeah surrey trains ground to a standstill.

i was not going to chance the bike as the wif was fretting like mad so opted for the train.

Got to Carshalton station for the 642 and got on a train a 8 46

lovely
  • Options
    3 1/2 hours to get to work from Sidcup.

Been on 1 bus and 3 trains.

Could of flown to Morocco quicker....
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    well its taken me a few hours to get in, but i don't care, it looked so pretty this morning, and although i almost fell over 40 times walking down to the station, having been kicked off a train with others who already had been kicked off another train due to it breaking down and then I had to get a train with afka bartram, i'm all the happier today for seeing the snow out my back window

cheer up you miserable lot. the smiles on the kids faces when making snow balls near me was lovely.
  • Options
    It took me 30 seconds to walk to my laptop from the bed
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]
    cheer up you miserable lot. the smiles on the kids faces when making snow balls near me was lovely.

Spot on Suzi.

I had two random snowball fights this morning, one with the neighbours and one with some passing kids on their way to school.

Luv it!

Mind you on the down side, I've got to try to get from Dartford to Wood Lane by 6pm tonight as I've got tickets to see 'Never mind the Buzzcocks'. I'm not supposed to leave work till 5!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Possible if the Jubilee and central lines are behaving, but today????????
  • Options
    Greenwich looked lovely from the river this morning, Greenwich Park and the Naval college in the snow, such a pretty picture
  • Options
    The valley looks lovely as well
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]cheer up you miserable lot.

i was fine until sitting on my final train from london bridge to cannon for 15 mins, before being told it was then cancelled. The icy wind coming off the water going over the bridge has finally tipped my mood over.

As a taste of things to come for Southend, i saw one dad being made to make a snowman for his kids at 7.05 this morning....
  • Options
    some litte scroats getting of the train just booted in the snowman that they had made at charlton station to cheer everyone up.

when it snows, leave home at 9am, get injust as quick...
  • Options
    spot on, b. only took me 15 mins longer than normal this morning.
  • Options
    Some kid threw a snowball at the coach this morning, near Westcombe Park. Driver leans out of the window and shouts at the kid, calling him a 'muppet'. Talk about sense of humour failure!
  • Options
    I took the kids to Greenwich Park early for some great sledging, got them to school on time then cycled to work - no delays.

All in all a lovely morning.

* smug smile *
  • Options
    It took me 3 hours to get in, after my final change at London bridge I ended up on a train that I could of caught if I had stayed at home for an extra 2 hours!!
  • Options
    You lot make me laugh, used to love the commute when the trains are up the wall 'ON THE WAY TO WORK ONLY' spend two to three hours not in the office reading the paper, you lot don't know how lucky you are LOL !
  • Options
    ahh, 2 foot of powder, beautiful view of the snowy mountains out the window. No trouble getting to work (my desk in the living room)....
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Might be more snow tonight - get home early and enjoy!

www.guardian.co.uk/weather
  • Options
    Just had a small 10 minute burst of sleet in Faversham, looks like I have still gotta go out running tonight then no excuse for getting out of it yet. Come on snow where are you..?