Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Parking around The Valley Tips & Tricks

edited September 2006 in Match Day Travel
When coming to The Valley from Holland by car, parking is always a nightmare. Currently I'm parking at the other end of Charlton Park, but that's a terrible walk back up that bloody hill.
So does anybody have tips and tricks where to park your car closer to The Valley or at least less hilly ;-)

Comments

• Options
    Is there no Valley Express stop in Holland?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Dutch Addick[/cite]When coming to The Valley from Holland by car ...

Why don't you come to The Valley with Holland by car?

You will get straight to the ground in a posh car, have a nice bloke to chat to and get VIP treatment!
  • Options
    The thames Barrier estate is best- you need to be there an hour before k/o- IMHO- But I wouldn't use the Blackwall tunnel on the way back, it takes ages to get past the coaches that effectively make the Woolwich road single lane. Presumably you are going to Harwich- Go out to the M25 and go through the tunnel.
  • Options
    There is a cul-de-sac off the bottom of Victoria Way called Frank Burton Close - from there you walk out onto the corner of Delafield Road - no hills involved!

Fills up about 30-35 mins before the game I think, so get there before that and you should be good. You may have to may £1 "protection" money to the local kids!

PS Don't park on Bernard Ashley Drive you will get clamped!
  • Options
    That map always makes me laugh when I see written, just next to the Valley: 'Valiant Ho'
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Salad Spinner[/cite]Why don't you come to The Valley[i][b][u]with[/u][/b][/i]Holland by car?

You will get straight to the ground in a posh car, have a nice bloke to chat to and get VIP treatment![/quote]

LOL! Then I prefer coming with Bryan Hughes who had 3 blonde chicks in his car last time!
  • Options
    At the Charlton Road end of Victoria Way is a turning called Leila Parnell place - opposite the Springfield Estate, behind the Charlton Road shops - that's meant to be a decent (free) place to park.
  • Options
    edited September 2006
    depends what stand you are in.if you are in the east then stick with charlton park.covered end go with thames barrier and west go for the slopes.sherrington being my preference,about 15 minutes walk and just a bit easier to get out from at the top.
  • Options
    Live on Delafield Road, and it definately undulates, though calling it hilly would be stretching a point..