Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

worst pain ever

Comments

• I was in a very minor car accident a couple of years ago, and at the time there didn't seem to be any problem, so once the police arrived and took my statement I went home. However, a week later I was in agony, like I had toothache in all the teeth on one side of my face at once. It turns out I'd hit my head on the window, and once the bruise developed it was pressing on the nerve that went down to my teeth on that side. It wasn't as intense a pain as some described here, but it was unrelenting - I basically had to spend a week taking painkillers every two hours just to function.
  • I had a new crown fitted on a front tooth.

A day later I was in agony, tears in my eyes, unimaginable pain as I had an infection under the crown.

It might not sound as gory as some of the stories on here but believe me, it was extreme pain.
  • Toothache is the king of pain. Without a doubt too many on here agree for it not to be we need a poll
  • Stubbing your toe when you got a ingrown toe nail.
    Having your finger nail drilled.
  • Blimey this is an absolutely evil thread, I'm getting queezey just reading some of these...yuk
  • [cite]Posted By: guinnessaddick[/cite]Stubbing your toe when you got a ingrown toe nail.

I had mine finger nail done once to release pressure.....dont half make your eyes water
  • I honestly never thought there'd be so many responses to it.

Right now after they took the tooth out I have a jaw that feels like David Haye has given it a whack and gums feel like I've been munching razor blades but that will go over the next couple of days hopefully
  • [cite]Posted By: buckshee[/cite]I honestly never thought there'd be so many responses to it.

Right now after they took the tooth out I have a jaw that feels like David Haye has given it a whack and gums feel like I've been munching razor blades but that will go over the next couple of days hopefully

Veganin will help mate.....
  • Snapped collar bone and shoulder dislocation, the whole lot was only held together by the tendonds in my arem, 3 hour op plate and screws, when I came round I have never had pain like it, morphine was my best friend! On the plus side before the op I could touch my shin with my hand without bending down.
  • A bad attack of gout closely followed by a tooth abscess
  • Sponsored links:

• Breaking plates and pins protecting my broken tib and fib (my fault for playing to soon) but was painful.

Had a motorbike crash and ended up with tarmac in my arm. Waited ages at casualty, had xrays and everthing before they tried to remove the tarmac. Got injected and the nurse was scrubbing away at my arm, twisting and pulling it all over the place. I complained it was still hurting to which she replied it cant be the injections will be working by now, still i kept moaning and still she kept pulling and scrubbing. Four days later i get a call to ask me to come bak to the hospital because they have taken another look at my xrays and my is broken.....Well i did tell her it still hurt.
  • [cite]Posted By: Telnotinoz[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: guinnessaddick[/cite]Stubbing your toe when you got a ingrown toe nail.

I had mine finger nail done once to release pressure.....dont half make your eyes water

Thats the best pain, such relief when when the blood spurts out
  • [cite]Posted By: charltonkeston[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Telnotinoz[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: guinnessaddick[/cite]Stubbing your toe when you got a ingrown toe nail.

When I had it done, the blood had congealed and I had to have another hole drilled.
  • NLA is toothache worse than earache? Now there's a debate.
  • Burns, got to be the worst. Terrible injury to have
  • [cite]Posted By: charltonkeston[/cite]Burns, got to be the worst. Terrible injury to have

Getting hit by a flying bottle from Nathan's got to come close
  • [cite]Posted By: guinnessaddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: charltonkeston[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Telnotinoz[/cite]

When I had it done, the blood had congealed and I had to have another hole drilled.

Bugger that would have been double bubble painful
  • However, holding my baby brother still whilst he had a lumber puncture done was just plain awful and I have needle phobia, I threw up afterwards.
  • I had an absess recently which when i had it drained brought a few sharp tears to my eyes and then gas and air when it was repacked 2 days later went a long way to help the pain. she had to wrestle it off me.

luckily the absess was nowhere embarrassing, unlike my pal who had one up his rectum... and he had to have that drained and packed daily. now that sounds painful.
  • 'unlike my pal who had one up his rectum' - Nice!
  • Sponsored links:

• The stroke was no fun but other than that, lying in the middle of the Sutton by-pass with a compound fracture of the left leg was pretty painful too. You could see the bone jutting out of my motorcycle boot. All a bit messy.
  • Been relatively lucky with pain over the years. Worst I've had though was Tearing my calf muscle pretty majorly playing in a school match (against my old school!) Was in agony. Still causes me major problems now 7 years on. When I play football now I have a limp for the next 7 days.
  • Had both my big toe nails removed. Needed morphine when I came round from the op as the pain was unbearable. Cried every night for 3 nights following the op due to the agony, and both toes literally throbbing with pain. Had my bed sheets raised to ensure absolutely no pressure on the toes, even from sheets. Toes were still bleeding after two weeks and I was having to commute by train (the old cattle ones) with people treading on my size 11s when embarking / disembarking from the train.

NEVER have your big toe nails removed. Absolute nightmare.
  • Burnt my left arm about 10 years ago which resulted in me having a blister the size of a carrier bag full of serum.
  • de-gloved my middle finger after jumping off a fence and my ring getting caught on the fence spike. Basically from my knuckle up was flapping around, held on only by a small part of my knuckle skin. Finger bones are ugly.
  • Toothache unc all-day long
  • Worst probably was a few months back - broke my ankle playing football and was laid up in a plaster cast when i developed toothache - was given painkillers and antibiotics but it rapidly got worse and neither seemed to have any affect on the pain. Couldn't get up and walk around - just had to lay there and take it, shovelling ridiculous amounts of pain killers down my throat until the morning. Toothache has to be right up there as far as bad pain is concerned.
  • Pulling a muscle in the side of your chest, kills
  • [cite]Posted By: NathanPrior[/cite]working
  • Again not as bad as some of these stories, but a word to the wise. Today was my first day cooking with scotch bonnet peppers. I didn't notice the warning saying to wear gloves, didn't notice anything at the time, but started to burn within a minute. 5 hours later, it's beginning to feel slightly less painful. Well I've learned my lesson.