Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Capello Index

News in the Telegraph today. Capello helped create a complicated assessment tool for players and 3 ex Charlton players would be in the England team were he to use it.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/england/7974910/Capello-Index-how-do-England-players-rate.html

England team to face Bulgaria if chosen by the Capello Index:

Goalkeeper:
Scott Carson (65.50)

Defenders:
Tony Hibbert (63.13)
Roger Johnson (67.11)
Matthew Upson (65.43)
Nicky Shorey (64.69)

Midfield:
Theo Walcott (70.41)
Craig Gardner (66.66)
Kieron Dyer (65.64)
Kieran Richardson (64.69)

Attack:
Darren Bent (83.54)
Luke Varney (68.65)

TOTAL SCORE: 745.45

Possible England team to face Bulgaria if chosen by Fabio Capello:

Goakeeper:
Joe Hart (65.25)

Defenders:
Glen Johnson (57.48)
Matthew Upson (65.43)
Michael Dawson (61.86)
Ashley Cole (55.84)

Midfielders:
Theo Walcott (70.41)
Steven Gerrard (59.75)
Gareth Barry (60.15)
James Milner (62.29)
Adam Johnson (57.50)

Attack:
Wayne Rooney (63.13)

Comments

• Options
    The fact that Matthew Upson is rated as one of the best defenders by this index is proof that noone should be picking a team based on it. I'm sure statistics have their role to play in the game, but I'm not sure they take into account compatability with other players within a system and the best players to pick for the opposition we're playing against.

One of the lessons we should've learnt from the World Cup is to not base the spine of the national side on West Ham players. If I see Carlton Cole on the pitch tonight before Bent then all hope is lost.
  • Options
    Was the introduction of Heskey in the Germany game the result of these statistics, desperation or COMPLETE INSANITY?
  • Options
    what a load of b.llocks that index.. haha