Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comedians you Like/Hate

Comments

• edited March 2018

[cite]Posted By: Floyd Montana[/cite]Love Reg Hunter and Frankie Boyle.

Really like David Mitchell and Tim Vine/Stewart Francis (suspect they are the same person)

Too many to mention in the quality bracket - those you mention plus Armstrong and Miller, Andy Parsons Steve Coogan Ricky Gervais Richard Herring

The rise of stand up comedy over the past decade or so is fantastic.

Detest Little Britain with a vengeance

“Frankie Boyle's column in The Sun is hilarious. Check it out if you get the chance”.

If only I could flag myself for that. What was I thinking?
  • Talal said:

off to see reginald d hunter tonight in bromley - never been to the venue or seen him before.

If you're not already fully aware that he's black, you will be by the end of the evening.*

*from what I've seen on tv...
    If you think old Reg is bad you should see Paul Chowdhry :unamused:
  • Looking forward to Humanity on Netflix next Tuesday.
  • My top 5 at the moment - Sean Lock, Alex Horne, Joe Wilkinson, Adam Buxton & James Acaster
  • Best - Jim Jeffries, saw him at the Apollo in January, top draw. Honourable mentions, Sean Lock, Milton Jones, Vic and Bob still make me laugh, Jo Caulfield, saw her at the comedy store a couple of years ago, was excellent.

Worst - Miranda, absolutely robbing a living, about as funny as the pox. And that unfunny boss eyed tit Russell Howard.
  • Jim Jefferies is fantastic. I like a comedian who straddles the line between intelligent social commentary and deliberately winding people up. Greenie, you might like Doug Stanhope if you haven't seen him already.

I also like Stewart Lee. I know he's divisive but it takes a lot of bollocks to write a whole stand up routine that doesn't actually have any jokes in it and hope that the four people in the audience who get what you're doing like it.
  • Michael MacIntyre phoney posh ponce shouting
    Alan Carr voice like nails on a blackboard
    Ricky Gervais stand up No sit down and stick to writing Extras
  • james acasater is hilarous = the xmas tree bit had me in tears

the orchard in dartford has some good comedians, recently saw roy chubby brown not really that funny anymore and certainly not one for the easily offended
  • Jim Jefferies is fantastic. I like a comedian who straddles the line between intelligent social commentary and deliberately winding people up. Greenie, you might like Doug Stanhope if you haven't seen him already.

I also like Stewart Lee. I know he's divisive but it takes a lot of bollocks to write a whole stand up routine that doesn't actually have any jokes in it and hope that the four people in the audience who get what you're doing like it.

Cheers GM, will check him out.
  • Jim Davidson on Piers Morgan's Life stories on ITV Saturday at 9.50.

Some members of the audience walked out during the recording due to perceived racist, sexist remarks. Today's Mirror also report that Davidson was paid 1 million pounds by the BBC to get him off TV because of his lack of political correctness. Might be an interesting watch
  • Sponsored links:

Some members of the audience walked out during the recording due to perceived racist, sexist remarks. Today's Mirror also report that Davidson was paid 1 million pounds by the BBC to get him off TV because of his lack of political correctness. Might be an interesting watch

Jim Davidson on Piers Morgan's Life stories on ITV Saturday at 9.50.

Oh dear
  • off to see reginald d hunter tonight in bromley - never been to the venue or seen him before.

The Churchill Theatre is ok for comedy.
  • Like: Dave Chappelle, bill burr, got a soft spot for Lee Mack as he seems like a naturally hilarious bloke.

Dislike: Miranda, as funny as cancer, mrs brown boys, ditto.
  • Laddick01 said:

It shocks me that people in this day and age actually find Mrs Browns boys funny

It must be the worst show on TV

That and Big Bang theory and ed sheeran being a mega star. Can only get from that I’m either living in a simulated reality where some ginger kid called ed has tried to find out what the world would be like if he was rich and famous or people are absolutely brain dead.
  • Talal said:

off to see reginald d hunter tonight in bromley - never been to the venue or seen him before.

If you're not already fully aware that he's black, you will be by the end of the evening.*

Yes he has ADBS - Acute David Baddiel Syndrome
  • edited March 2018

Really like David Mitchell and Tim Vine/Stewart Francis (suspect they are the same person)

Too many to mention in the quality bracket - those you mention plus Armstrong and Miller, Andy Parsons Steve Coogan Ricky Gervais Richard Herring

“Frankie Boyle's column in The Sun is hilarious. Check it out if you get the chance”.

Fixed it for you fella! No worries.
    Wow! You've got more flags than me! I must up my game...

Who for the love of a backended overhead reverse fuck turns up to a Piers Mogan show WITH Jim fooking Davidson on it, then is such a fucking snowflake they walk out in disgust. Fucking brain doners the lot of em!
  • I’ve read what he said, it ain’t even that bad!

If people are actually walking out because of it, they must live very miserable lives.
  • Sponsored links:

• Peter Cook was great. Bill Hicks was pretty good.
  • edited March 2018
    Dislike: some Canadian guy called Kevin I've just had to sit through at the Churchill theatre.

Like: Reginald D Hunter who ive actually come to see.
  • Dislike: some Canadian guy called Kevin I've just had to sit through at the Churchill theatre.

Like: Reginald D Hunter who've I've actually come to see.

Went to see them last year. Canadian guy heavily relied on shouting and swearing for his laughs iirc.
  • Dislike: some Canadian guy called Kevin I've just had to sit through at the Churchill theatre.

Went to see them last year. Canadian guy heavily relied on shouting and swearing for his laughs iirc.
    Yep and still ain't funny

Reggie was good and even made a Millwall gag.

Who for the love of a backended overhead reverse fuck turns up to a Piers Mogan show WITH Jim fooking Davidson on it, then is such a fucking snowflake they walk out in disgust. Fucking brain doners the lot of em!
    What sort of person would want to watch Piers Morgan talking to Jim Davidson - sounds desperate.

Sounds like the same pairing I saw 5 or 6 years ago. Canadian guys was nit great, but Reginald is very funny. As with a lot of comedians his actually stand up act is very different to way he is forced to present himself on TV panel shows.

Sounds like the same pairing I saw 5 or 6 years ago. Canadian guys was nit great, but Reginald is very funny. As with a lot of comedians his actually stand up act is very different to way he is forced to present himself on TV panel shows.
    Panel shows don't do a lot of comedians many
    favours.
  • edited March 2018
    Riviera said:

It could only have come from you . Thanks . I’ll reciprocate any chance I get ;-)
  • Riviera said:

It could only have come from you . Thanks . I’ll reciprocate any chance I get ;-)

I was only responding to your plee! You can't have it both ways.
    Fill your boots, flags don't bother me.
  • Talal said:

unfortunately a lot of the poor black man and you rich white folk jokes, was £27 and he was on for about 45 mins - not great and certainly wouldn't recommend.