Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Arsenal 1969 FA Cup

edited August 2010 in General Charlton
Heard a lot about this over my years of following Charlton since 77!

Sounded like a great day out!

Comments

• I think my old man was about 15 at the time and he said he remembers nothing about the match only what was going on on the terraces during it..!
  • [cite]Posted By: EGAddick[/cite]I think my old man was about 15 at the time and he said he remembers nothing about the match only what was going on on the terraces during it..!

Cheers fella,i have been told the same as well!
  • [cite]Posted By: EGAddick[/cite]I think my old man was about 15 at the time and he said he remembers nothing about the match only what was going on on the terraces during it..!

More detail needed!!
  • It was very interesting, to stay the whole match on the north bank at that time was a great achievement. There was fighting charging and counter charging throughout as well as constant coin throwing. All the names from our area at the time were there.
  • Was my second away game. We sat in the seats as my Uncles had been told there was going to be a tear up. I was a little too young to understand really. It seemed like a massive crowd walking to and from the stadium and there was a lot of pushing and heaving. I remember watching the game clearly intermingled with everyone around me standing up at times as the crowd surged and parted during the fights, not that I gotcto see much even though I stood on the seat. Was impressed with the Gooners program at the time with coloured pictures of the players, I still have a copy now. Most memorably for me were the shear numbers of Charlton fans on the tube. It was absolutely heaving and the train broke down in the tunnel at one point and all the lights went out.scary for a 9 year old! Dissapointing result but no disgrace.
  • SINK

I no more want to see this at the top than some others want to see threads about Millwall's attendance
  • Or we can just sink every thread were someone dont like it ?
  • Pilchard asked for details and I gave them to him? so what's the problem
  • edited August 2010
    We took The Northbank....enough said!
  • [cite]Posted By: ellisaddick[/cite]Pilchard asked for details and I gave them to him? so what's the problem

It was more to do with the fact that Admin go around sinking any football related thread they don't like the look of but leave stuff on here about favourite cartoon characters etc
  • Sponsored links:

• Cheer's Ellis.;o)
  • Was at the replay of 3rd round v Palace went with a workmate of my dads.He got two tickets in the seats for this game but my dad said noway was i going.Sunday afternoon highlights on The Big Match Matt Tees hitting the woodwork and the biggest crowd Charlton had played in front of for years 55,000.Had to wait until another 29years for abigger gate that i could be part of.