Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Huddersfield vs Charlton - Post Match Views

WSSWSS
edited August 2010 in General Charlton
Please take a breath before posting...

Still lacking that creativity arent we?

Comments

• Options
    Need more options when things aren't working at the moment we only have Sodje/Racon/Solly/Fry to use from the bench
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Please take a breath before posting...

Still lacking that creativity arent we?

Personally I'm glad to get this game out the way. Huddersfield are expected to be in the running for promotion and the best I thought we'd get would be a fighting draw. Not to be, but life goes on.
  • Options
    Losing away at Huddersfield is nothing to be ashamed of. They will be thereabouts come the end of the season. Let's just hope we can bounce straight back after this
  • Options
    edited August 2010
  • Options
    Can't wait to read some of the overreactions on here....

Parky out, Murray out, bring back Curbs - all the players that were decent after beating Orient are now useless etc....
  • Options
    Lost away to a better team who have spent a lot more money than us.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    [cite]Posted By: sailor[/cite]What a pile of wank! Relegation...NAILED ON!

Overreaction of the year ... NAILED ON!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: sailor[/cite]What a pile of wank! Relegation...NAILED ON!
    You're sailing very close to the wind
  • Options
    We're 8th, out of the playoffs on goal difference and 3 points from the top - it's not all over just yet.
  • Options
    Apparently Semedo had a reasonably poor match!
    We should definately play him in the Jpt to improve his match fitness!
    Apparently, No-one had a good game but there were some comical celebrations when we scored!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    LMAO!!!!!!
  • Options
    I wasn't there so not going to say much - but will bang the same old drum regarding strikers. Until we mange to get someone (two would be better) who can regullarly find the back of the net (20 a season) then we will continue to tread water.

Phil Chapple said weeks ago that a striker was their main priority, many on here could have told him that back in May,............players come & go with other clkubs and still we wait.

And in case you think I go over the top, we have had 4 league games and scored 6 goals - only 1 has come from a striker. The teams currently in the top 6 have all scored more with some alreday having scored 10 goals or more. The BBC have a top goal scorers list - currently it is showing 15 different players, with the lowest only having scored 2 goals - none from our club. DREADFUL.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]Personally I'm glad to get this game out the way. Huddersfield are expected to be in the running for promotion and the best I thought we'd get would be a fighting draw. Not to be, but life goes on.
    [cite]Posted By: hudson-son-son[/cite]Lost away to a better team who have spent a lot more money than us.
    [cite]Posted By: WestStandCookie[/cite]We're 8th, out of the playoffs on goal difference and 3 points from the top - it's not all over just yet.

My thoughts are summed up here. Millwall had a shocking start to last season and still managed promotion at the end of it and we're not even doing that bad, we're less than an eleventh of the way through the season. The table will take shape after 12-15 games.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: golfaddick[/cite]I wasn't there so not going to say much - but will bang the same old drum regarding strikers. Until we mange to get someone (two would be better) who can regullarly find the back of the net (20 a season) then we will continue to tread water.

Phil Chapple said weeks ago that a striker was their main priority, many on here could have told him that back in May,............players come & go with other clkubs and still we wait.

And in case you think I go over the top, we have had 4 league games and scored 6 goals - only 1 has come from a striker. The teams currently in the top 6 have all scored more with some alreday having scored 10 goals or more. The BBC have a top goal scorers list - currently it is showing 15 different players, with the lowest only having scored 2 goals - none from our club. DREADFUL.

Perhaps the problem is service? No chances and no goals - even Fry's shot was from outside the area.

We have some creative players - Martin, Waggy and Reid, but the problem seems to be that we aren't getting the ball in the box often enough. Even today despite a 3-1 defeat we had a fair amount of possession.
  • Options
    Sometimes Golfie, jeez

20 goal a season strikers grow on trees do they? We have little or no cash available and were apparently quoted £1 million for Le Fondre who is unproven at our level as is Benson. Pawel Abbott has scored goals everywhere without exception and is a decent frontman for our level & I believe he will come good.

As I said elsewhere, it's our first defeat today - a win on Tuesday & a league win next Saturday and everyone will be smiling again.

Live, Love, Laugh & BE HAPPY!!!!!!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]We have some creative players - Martin, Waggy and Reid, but the problem seems to be that we aren't getting the ball in the box often enough. Even today despite a 3-1 defeat we had a fair amount of possession.
    Waggy and Reid both more goalscorers than creators themselves. Last season Burton and Sam got around 10 assists each. At the moment it's hard to see where those couple of players are that can get a similar number.
  • Options
    I can't believe it's all doom and gloom on here (well actually i can) after a 3-1 defeat to a side tipped to be amongst the title favourites.
    It's our first defeat of the season and 3 of our 4 games so far have been against sides in the top 6.
    We won our first 6 games of last season and look where we ended up whereas teams like Norwich and Millwall came from poor starts to finish well.
    A win next week and this will be forgotten.
  • Options
    Parky out! Murray out! Curbs in .....il get my coat.
  • Options
    this result will be forgotten when we win our jpt game this week,everyone needs to take a step back and see that losing this was a positive result
  • Options
    ok - lets just see what happens when we after the next 2 games..........once we have lost them both.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    405 well done to them but pitiful numbers , hope all those who struggled to get a ticket for exeter last year can make it next week .... oh no the daytrippers have done it once so its not a new ground for most .........
    After todays results I now see us 0% automatic promotion 40% play offs and 60% outside the play offs
    Early days yet but fingers crossed for a big improvement in the league next saturday, hopefully put another stiffs eleven out and lose against daggers in that pathetic shameful tournament and we can get our nuts down to concentrate on getting out of this chuff league
  • Options
    According to the commentary we were the better side until their first goal went in. Mac missed a sitter with his head, Reid got through a couple of times and chose the wrong option. We sounded lively, but didn't get the goal. Abbot missed a great chance in the second half. We need a goalscorer. Bring back Lisbie or Varney!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]hopefully put another stiffs eleven out and lose against daggers in that pathetic shameful tournament
    Unfortunately you have to start 6 regulars...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: queensland_addick[/cite] We sounded lively, but didn't get the goal. Abbot missed a great chance in the second half. We need a goalscorer. Bring back Lisbie or Varney!
    Too right - I can't recall a single time they missed a chance. ;-)
  • Options
    One decent game and suddenly Varney is now our missing link - I blame Andrew Mills & Pardew for selling him, we'd probably be Champions League if Varney had stayed.
  • Options
    Charlton shots on target = 1 (and it went in)

I will say no more.
  • Options
    Just got in. Why was Worner playing? How did he do?
  • Options
    night .....

we sounded well in it for 39 minutes...
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    [cite]Posted By: WestStandCookie[/cite]Sometimes Golfie, jeez

20 goal a season strikers grow on trees do they? We have little or no cash available and were apparently quoted £1 million for Le Fondre who is unproven at our level as is Benson. Pawel Abbott has scored goals everywhere without exception and is a decent frontman for our level & I believe he will come good.

As I said elsewhere, it's our first defeat today - a win on Tuesday & a league win next Saturday and everyone will be smiling again.

We would have been better signing Russ Abbott.I don't buy the proven at this level crap as I had to listen to it for 3 years about the clown.Not to disappointed with the result but very very concerned about the lack of goals from our forwards.After reading the thread on Murray's return to lead the club, I find it very frightning what the future holds with our continuation in this league.Unfortunately we don't have a hope in hell getting out of this league with this squad.Southampton,Peterborough & Sheff Weds, have forward lines that will score bundles in this league.That's why I have been a bit non-plussed about our hopes this year.We need a miracle to go up this year.But as long as the youngsters fit tooth and nail this year, that'll do for me as thats as good as it will get chaps.
    Live, Love, Laugh & BE HAPPY!!!!!!![/quote]
  • Options
    It's Tamer Tuna's time to shine!!