Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

What's Your Internet Posting History?

edited August 2010 in General Charlton
The thread about 606 set me thinking. There must have been people on here that were once on 606 or other Charlton sites. Just wondered who's done what. I started out on 606 then moved to Frankie Valley before coming here when Frankie shut up shop. I used to post as Harvey Wallbanger and Harvey Gardens. I then went through a phase of changing my name every week until AFKA told me off. I've kept to Stig ever since. What about everyone else?

Comments

• edited August 2010
    Used to be on the Glynne Jones Charlton mailing list for at least 10 years but i left last year as it got so clicky and it was spoiled by wind up merchants like Colin Sams so i gave up and found Charlton Life.
  • Glynne Jones, Netaddicks and here. Never posted or really even visited any other Charlton message board.

CIFC the old fans football team had a very active mailing list for several years, although most of it was mainly absolute drivel and hurling abuse at poor old Razil.
  • Was a founder member of Addicksdownunder about 3 months prior to the birth of Charltonlife. I was alone in Sydney and appealed for anyone living in Oz to get in touch, I used the OS and direct contact with Charlton to get things off the ground. I registered here about 3-4 months after it's inception and was a some times poster to start, but eventually grew into this site. I've looked at what other people have done but I think here and of course ADU will always be home.
  • [cite]Posted By: Oakster[/cite]Glynne Jones, Netaddicks and here. Never posted or really even visited any other Charlton message board.

CIFC the old fans football team had a very active mailing list for several years, although most of it was mainly absolute drivel and hurling abuse at poor old Razil.

There's something to be said for hurling abuse at Razil........;-)
  • Embarrassingly enough I used to post on the OS, but now I dont even look at that forum. It's a dreadfully impersonal thing. Then I found CL and then i left it again because it was too cliquey ;-)
  • I posted on the very decent old Beeb 606 site, first as Alan Cautiously (in celebration of Curbs' famous damage limitation policy when losing), and then later as Oggy.

When the Beeb got all twitchy and closed the forum, I moved with many other 606-ers to Charlton Babes - which was great in it's early days but then spoof posters like Addickted2Charlton and idiot comment started to dominate, posters left in their droves, so started visiting CAFC something or other - where RedZ, Joe Addick and a legendary and very funny Sheff Wed fan used to post.

I was on holiday in Turkey, and chanced on an internet cafe while the GF was shopping or something. Caught up with my emails and stumbled across a fledgling Charlton Life. Joined on the spot.

Anyone still awake....?
  • Addicketed2Charlton - thats the one with the mockney text speak all time wasn't it? I remember he/she/it from Frankie Valley.
  • edited August 2010
    Netaddicks and here.

Oh and a brief flirtation with Reams' site but posted infrequently.
  • There was that site, "covered end choir", which used to be called something else. I was living in Germany when I first started using the internet to follow Charlton. I think I've always been Valley_floyd_red.
  • Yep, A2C .......Bryan Hughes was his idol.

Who were you on Babes, Stig.....?

And can you remember the name of the now closed CAFC something site I mention?
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Yep, A2C .......Bryan Hughes was his idol.

I didn't go on Babes much, I was probably registered as Harvey Gardens or Harvey Wallbanger.
  • CAFC Something? No, sorry not me.
  • RedZed666 will know.
  • Was on Addickted, cant remembre how long, but it was shit. Then came here, this place is pretty cool though.
  • [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Yep, A2C .......Bryan Hughes was his idol.

CAFC fans?
  • I started on OS then 606 but that A2C and Nick Gray really wound me up.
    Visit the OS occasionally but this is by far the best of the lot
  • Started on Netaddicks & then came here, don't need to go anywhere else, but did like to read Frankie Valley before he stoppped.
  • Like most Netaddicks then here mainly to say thanks for the lift home from Blackburn, but also Into The Valley & Loyal
  • Used to post a bit on the si games forums until work blocked it and my PC became too old to play FM.

Used to go on Addickted but now I spend most of my working day here or on F365.
  • Used to post on addickted but it started to drive me slowly insane so i moved here
  • Sponsored links:

• More of a reader than a poster on CL but I used to post a lot on 606 and then cafc Babes as The ElK/Original ElK, left Babes for similar reasons to Oggy (that addickted2charlton bloke was annoying as hell) but also because there never seemed to be anyone online at the same time as me. Here on CL there's pretty much always some new posts to read no matter what time I visit.
  • Netaddicks.

I wasted years of my life talking to myself on that site......
  • Frankie Valley then here.
  • [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]Netaddicks and here.

Oh and a brief flirtation with Reams' site but posted infrequently.

'Ditto'
  • i used to post on the si forum (i take full credit for the touchline ban idea) there was a charlton thread that i posted in quite often (think it was Scoham's). then i went to cafc-fans for a while until that went to vital. then i went to addickted.net until that broke, then here.
  • Netaddicks, F365 Forum and Here.
  • Started on 606, but the place has gone rapidly down hill so have deleted my account.

Now just spend my time on here & F365, whilst also browsing a couple others that LB mentioned.
  • Netaddicks then here.
  • OS, then here. Quite often read 606, but don't have an account and have never posted. I find it can get confusing if, like me you can't be bothered to translate A2C's mockney ramblings.
  • Never posted anywhere before this board and only started here about 6 weeks ago. Have often looked on here and the 606 board (mainly here) and a few others but never got involved.