Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Classice old footage

edited August 2010 in General Charlton
taken from twitter.

really sorry if its been posted before?

charlton

Comments

• Options
    trying to do away with football widows and keep the family together!! lol!!!
  • Options
    Always been a family club!
  • Options
    Doing away with the hooligan element!
    Back in '69!
    Thought it was a mid to late 70's thing
  • Options
    Alas, hooliganism was rife in the late 60's.
  • Options
    I remember way back the club had a zoo bring animals to the game pre kick off to get families along as a family club. There is a famous photo of an elephant being led round the pitch.Or was that ralph Milne? noooo silly me the elephant was smaller and moved faster.
  • Options
    Ha Portsmouth was always a thing at the time
  • Options
    Nice one B. Tried to carch a glimpse of my dad and me on the east terrace but it's a bit quick for my eyes! I remember they tried to get the elephant to take a penalty but despite people showing it what to do it didn't get the idea!
  • Options
    Me too, March.

I was there also in my regular place with my Dad, on the halfway line, halfway up the vast East Terrace.

Spot the Lewises coach outside the Grandstand!

This was The Valley of my childhood.

Thanks for the memories, Curb_It !
    [cite]Posted By: March51[/cite]I remember they tried to get the elephant to take a penalty but despite people showing it what to do it didn't get the idea!

Bit like Nicky Bailey, then ....?
  • Options
    Mr and Mrs Chris Duffy interviewed after the FA Cup Final (1:45).
  • Options
    Nice one, Chizz ...... nearly pissed myself watching the gay Scottish dancing. And the human pyramid collapsing.

And the gormless looking British tennis champion, with his wire glasses and wonky teeth.
    Surely he wasn't for real?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    haha .....

love it....
  • Options
    Women playing Bingo whilst the Husbands watched the Footie :-) Classic
  • Options
    Did anyone notice that the elephant being walked round the touchline was the infamous Lulu of 'pissing and shitting in the Blue Peter studio' fame?
  • Options
    Quality training gear we used to have.

http://www.britishpathe.com/record.php?id=10762