Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Matt Holland

edited January 2007 in General Charlton
Seemed another solid performance from him, has really turned the corner since Pardew has come in, and has probably our outfield player of the year.

If we do get out of this, he will of played a massive part, and as a former critic of his, its very pleasing to be eating humble pie, as he is putting performances and desire in i didn't know he still had.

Comments

• Options
    I'll second that.
  • Options
    very true AFKA! I'll join you on that humble pie eating!

Hopefully he will cap it off with one of his trade mark goals from just out of the box when it really counts- wouldn't that, at Bolton, be fantastic!
  • Options
    I agree but disagree that he didn't show this previously. One thing you can always be assured of from Matt is that he is always giving 100%, always trying. And no matter how badly things are going he is always appreciative of the fans at the end even when we've been booing. If everyone was like Matt we wouldn't be in the position we are now.
  • Options
    Deserves to keep the armband. Far better captain than Young,
  • Options
    From the Guardian's report:
    Matt Holland painted such a hellish picture of relegation, a no-man's-land where no one from executive to tea lady is safe, that his words should be pinned up as a motivational aid in the dressing room. Charlton certainly got the dread message here, showing a renewed spirit that underpinned this unexpected but thoroughly deserved victory.
    Charlton will be severely hit financially if they are relegated and miss out on the Premiership's mega television deal next season. And many of their players, including the 32-year-old Holland, are out of contract this summer and may never see top-flight contracts again. On top of all that, the acting captain recalled his Ipswich experience of 2002. "Getting relegated was one of the lowest points in my career," said Holland. "It hurts as a player and a person. It doesn't just affect the players but the whole club, with sackings and things, and it becomes a desperate time. Every question you are asked is 'What have you done wrong?'"
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]Deserves to keep the armband. Far better captain than Young,
    Agree.
  • Options
    Matty is talking the talk. If he continues to walk the walk I will happily rescind my previous criticism of him!