Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Huddersfield vs Charlton - Pre-Match Poll, Team, News and Views

WSSWSS
edited August 2010 in General Charlton
If Saturday’s game against Oldham was the first “home” test of the season then it is fair to say that the upcoming game against Huddersfield is certainly the first “away” test of the season.

The match against the Latics was one of frustration, although a draw seems a good result in hindsight, we should be looking to win every game at The Valley this season. We simply did not create enough chances last time out and that needs to be addressed.

At the time of writing Huddersfield are playing Everton in the League Cup so we can expect an element of fatigue on their part but they are still going to be a threat. After throwing away a two goal lead against fellow promotion hopefuls Peterborough in their previous fixture, the Terriers have splashed out on ex-Palace striker Alan Lee. It’s nailed on isn’t it?

Although it wouldn’t surprise me to see an addition before the weekend, I’ll base my team selection on our current squad. Although Simon Francis has had a nervous first two games, I expect him to line up with the returning Dailly along with Doc and JJ. We also welcome back Semedo into the engine room of the midfield which will most likely result in Therry “please show what you can do more” Racon dropping to the bench.

Wagstaff, Reid and McCormack are likely to keep their places with Martin playing just behind Pawel Abbott ,who plays against a former team for the second time in a fortnight. He didn’t score last week but I have a sneaky feeling he might do it this.

This is going to be a tough game against a team that can score goals but who are also vulnerable at the back. We could quite easily sneak it 2-1 but I see a similar result to back in March. 1-1.

Comments

• Options
    Lol
  • Options
    3 very diverse votes
  • Options
    I'd take a draw - Huddersfield were one of the better teams last season and played a good brand of open attacking football that was pleasing to watch and certainly better than some of the cynical hoof and run tactics deployed by some teams. A point away against one of the teams expected to in the shake up would be a point gained, rather than two lost and keep us on track.

---Elliot---
    Francis-Dailly-Doc-Jackson
    Waggy-Semedo-McC-Reid
    ---Martin---
    ---Abbott---
  • Options
    2 - 0 reverse I am sorry to say. Too early in our re modelling for any points. No matter this season will be about gaining late momentum.
  • Options
    0-1 ... hudders are gonna be up there and one of the better teams in the league , we haven't gelled (i hope) properly yet
  • Options
    i don't think hudders are as good as last season,thankfully who is. nevertheless this is still a tough challenge for us. we are capable of scoring now and i fancy our chances.saying that i'll be happy with a draw.
  • Options
    Well Peltier is out for them. Sent off tonight.
  • Options
    Slightly concerned at our lack of chance creation last week; kind of burst my optimistic bubble.
    0-1
  • Options
    Huddersfield seem to have picked up from where they left off last season- very jekyll and hyde (thrash Notts County but draw with Tranmere at home and throw away the Peterboro game). If we get them on a good day, no reason why we cannot sneak it but if they are on form especially attacking we could struggle.

Team:

Elliot

Solly Doc Dailly Jackson

Waggy Semedo McCormack Reid

Martin

Abbott
  • Options
    I actually think we should beat Huddersfield, and have enough talent to breach their defence whilst having the ability to prevent goals.

However, we will follow a pattern of missing several chances and they will probably score unmarked from a corner. Huddersfield 1-0
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    does 'peltier' for huddersfield now miss out after his red card tonight?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: c/a/f/c[/cite]does 'peltier' for huddersfield now miss out after his red card tonight?

Yes, unless it is recinded.
  • Options
    abbott to score against his old club and sodje to make it 2 - 0 before hudds get a late goal to get us all biting our finger nails.
  • Options
    [quote]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]abbott to score against his old club and sodje to make it 2 - 0 before hudds get a late goal to get us all biting our finger nails.[/quote]

Yeah agree with that... Henry, how do i quote properly?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: c/a/f/c[/cite]
    Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]abbott to score against his old club and sodje to make it 2 - 0 before hudds get a late goal to get us all biting our finger nails.

Yeah agree with that... Henry, how do i quote properly?

There's a sticky thread on it.
  • Options
    I actually think going away to places like Huddersfield is where we will do our best work this season. We're compact, disciplined and hard working in centre midfield and defence, with pace a plenty in Waggy, Martin and Reid plus a solid hold up man in Abbott.

We've struggled against sides like Oldham for as long as I can remember because they get men behind the ball and hassle and harry all match long. Huddersfield will open up and attack us - that creates space for our creative players and also gives us opportunity to play on the break. That will suit us imo. As long as we don't make any silly mistakes at the back (having Dailly and Jose back will help here) then I think we stand a decent chance of at least a point. Look at the damage we did breaking from a defensive stance at Orient.
  • Options
    Cant see us getting anything from this one. 3-1
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]abbott to score against his old club and sodje to make it 2 - 0 before hudds get a late goal to get us all biting our finger nails.

My first correct quote?

Ed - Thanks mate
  • Options
    Lol ur all so positive?
  • Options
    Id take a draw right now. But with christian & jose back im feeling alot more optimistic whether that means we will take all 3 or just the 1 point im still not sure.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm fairly optimistic we'll get a result up there, although not optimistic enough to vote yet, alot can happen between now and saturday
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    gona be a end to end stuff this one

Elliot

Solly Doc Dailly Jackson

Waggy Semedo McCormack Reid

Abbott Sodje(drogba)

Now thats a winning team right there ^^ although i fear for the worst...
  • Options
    Akpo over Martin. U sure about that.
  • Options
    First league defeat of the season.

Long journey back for the travelling hordes
  • Options
    interesting that a couple of people have Solly replacing Francis. I would myself too but can't see Parky doing that.
  • Options
    Having Semedo back will be the key for Saturday.

IF he does his job well I don't see why we can't get at least a point, and maybe all three
  • Options
    Along with Brighton Huddersfield play the best football in the league. Last years games were very open and they are one of the best sides I've seen at this level. They like to get the ball out wide and put low crosses into the penalty area whilst playing at a very high tempo and I think this is something we can expose on the counter attack if we can hold them for long enough first. They're also not the most physical side and I think this is something we should also pick on, especially with Semedo back in the team. They should also be pretty tired from last nights thrashing at Everton. We must be patient but I fancy us to win this one.
  • Options
    Think Waggy will undo them with two assist for Pav....4-1 to us.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: kinveachyaddick[/cite]Having Semedo back will be the key for Saturday.

IF he does his job well I don't see why we can't get at least a point, and maybe all three[/quote]

Totally agree with that.
  • Options
    I just cant bring myself to tick any other box but charlton win, i just cant do it!!!