Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rolling, Rolling, Rolling......

edited August 2010 in Not Sports Related
Rawhide: back on Sky on Sept 6th. Back in the day it was the only thing that got me through a double period of Physics on Thursdays, knowing that Rowdy, Gil and Wishbone would be 'Heading up and moving out ' at 8.00p.m. Bonanza is back as well but never took to that: Rowdy Yates V. Hoss Cartwright? No contest! Wonder what became of Clint Eastwood?

Comments

• Rawhide was a couple of years before my time. The Virginian was the western of my youth but the one I loved was Alias Smith and Jones a few years later.
  • Ah what memories! Although I'm an old get, I am still too young to remember Rawhide first time round. I'm more of a "Virginian".
  • The one I remember was the High Chaparral.
  • edited August 2010
    Oh yes, that Victoria was hot.
  • Bloody hell, I can't be the only one who remembers it, surely! How about Gunsmoke, Tenderfoot and Gunlinger?
  • Cheyenne was another one from around that time, if it helps!
  • Thanks Eddie, good one. He was played by Clint something, he was also in 'The Dirty Dozen' I think.
  • Walker. Big tall bloke - would've made a great no 9! Rumour?
  • edited August 2010
    I remember rawhide, gunsmoke but what about waggon train anyone remember that?%~{>
  • Thought this was another smoking thread ;0)
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: sillav nitram[/cite]I remember rawhide, gunsmoke but what about waggon train anyone remember that?%~{>

Unfortunately yes - Ward Bond and some drop dead gorgeous character called Flint. Always loved water pouring out of the barrels when an arrow hit them. Mr Dillon anyone? Plus you got a free cowboy model in packets of cornflakes. All the boys had holster and guns which fired caps and as I was a girl, it wasn't considered seemly to allow me to have one. So I had to be an Indian and make my own bow and arrows. Then Ivanhoe came along so we all made wooden swords instead and beat the hell out of each other. Gentler times.
  • is this straight up is the origanal series of rawhide coming back or some two bob take off

i used to love watching that with my dad god rest his red and white socks

please be true and my sky plus will be well pressed for record

do you reckon they have sky in heaven??????????
  • Little house on the prairie for me, especially the blind one with the perfectly formed breasts...

No need for all that trigger happy violence with all that cattle stampeding and childbirth...

Put the kettle on and get the blankets..
  • Not a wind up NLA, they ran a plug for it today and there was Rowdy in magical black and white. September 6th. but didn't catch time or channel, I'm afraid (might have been 3p.m). Will look out for it.
  • cheers march i will keep my eye open but keep your thread going so i dont miss it
  • Right NLA, here we go. A different episode of Rawhide is being shown daily on TCM (ch.317) at 3.00p.m starting on Sept.6th. and running for the next 3 weeks. Each episode is repeated at 8.00p.m on TCM2 (ch.318) and at 7.00a.m the next morning. So you can watch it over tiffin, your evening nosh and breakfast. Rawhide heaven eh? Hope you can find time to still get to the Valley! Enjoy.
  • Bump! In case you Rawhide fans had forgotten: it starts tomorrow (Monday) along with Bonanza.
  • Rawhide..... do remember Clint Eastwood in it and the cook Wishbone.... a family favourite.
  • March51 - How are you getting on ?
  • Evening CE, not too bad thanks. Vision is still a problem especially on the right but 'they' say it's just a matter of time. Makes working as a driver a bit tricky though! Actually DVLA have suspended my licence for a while. I really have been extremely lucky and mustn't complain about a bit of dodgy eyesight when I remember some of the chaps I was in hospital. Thanks again, enjoy Rawhide if you watch it, I have trouble seeing stuff that goes across the sceen so I hope the cattle move slowly!