Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Just a month ago

edited January 2007 in General Charlton
we were about to lose away to Boro and under Les Reed looked like certain relegation fodder with a team that couldn't be arsed, had no committment, no passion, no spirit. We were going down with a whimper, we were a complete shambles.

At least now we have a MANAGER who has instilled passion, spirit and committment in the players and has got the respect that, rightly or wrongly, they didn't have for Les. If we end up going down at least it won't be without a fight and, looking at the table with the home games we have, a couple more additions and why can't we survive. Yes I'm sure we'll have a few more setbacks on the way but I'm now pretty confident about things. More signings a la Thatcher will help enormously. Our next three fixtures are tough but Wigan,WetSpam and Sheff Utd don't have it easy either over the next few games so by the time we play WestHam we may not be as adrift as we thought, if at all. Having lost to all three away it's viatl we beat them all at The Valley. It's in our hands.

Comments

• Options
    I am so pleased to see some passion in the club and now believe there is some glimmer of hope BUT....I am still so pissed of with the same players that were not showing any commitment and who are responsible for our predicament. Such as Mr Marcus Bent who has been reported as saying:

Marcus Bent has revealed that a one-on-one with new boss Alan Pardew has given him the confidence to fire the club to safety.

Pardew sat Bent down not long after being appointed on Christmas Eve and the striker explained how much of an impact the chat had.

"Pards sat me down for a chat not long after taking the job," he said.

"He installed a little bit of confidence back into me, and to be honest that made me want to go out there and work hard for him.

"and work hard for him"

What about us, the fans. What about working hard for the club that signed him for his ability and who pays a substantial amount of money for it. What about the other managers, such as Dowie and Les Reed, what did they ever do to upset him which resulted in him not being bothered to work hard for the team and club?

I was in such a buoyant mood having beaten Pompey on saturday but having read this particular comment this guy is taking the piss.

Solid

PS: I can be bothered to support my team, I can be bothered to write how I feel about my club, I pay a substantial amount from my wages to support my club.
  • Options
    I think with Players like Marcus Bent they are the kind that need an arm put around them & to be told they are good players & can make the difference. Others need a verbal slagging once in a while. Are we seeing Pardew's Man Management skills at their very best ?
  • Options
    To be honest i couldnt care less who is saying he is working hard for.

His performances and work ethic have been a million times better so i say lay off him for a while.

Some people can't win can they? As soon as they start doing ok on the pitch they start getting picked on for what they are saying off it.

I thought we only cared what went on for those 90 mins?

Lets get behind all of those players, they are all playing like they care at the moment and thats all i care about.

rant over
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]I think with Players like Marcus Bent they are the kind that need an arm put around them & to be told they are good players & can make the difference. Others need a verbal slagging once in a while. Are we seeing Pardew's Man Management skills at their very best ?

He has always done this, at Reading and West Ham and i'm very pelased he is our manager.