Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Huddersfield

They are away to Everton on Wednesday night in League Cup, so let's hope for extra time and then they loose on penalties!

Comments

• Options
    They're taking over 4k aswell.
  • Options
    They were full of goals last season but not always great at stopping them. Attractive to watch and probably still likely to be one of the major threats this season but Parky appeared to have a plan for them last year so let's hope that goes well again.Yeah, a nice energy-sapping night out with great atmos at Goodison could ideally set them up for it all to fall a bit flat on Saturday.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Hudds are about to sign Alan Lee from Palace, who have agreed a bid.

An initial offer of £300,000 is understood to have been rejected, but Palace have now given Lee permission to discuss a move to the Terriers.

Lee is in the final year of his contract and Burley revealed Huddersfield have offered the 32-year-old a more lucrative deal.

Burley told the South London Press: "I'd like to keep Alan, but they have offered him a three-year contract on more money and it is very difficult to stand in his way."
  • Options
    First game of the season for me! Let's hope they don't turn Everton over and go into our game still buzzing!
  • Options
    They'll be lethal with Alan Lee in league one :(
  • Options
    They've invested heavily and big results are expected. Lee should be a good signing for them but he's a very erratic player. As others have said, lets hope they are exhausted after playing Everton and our rest means that we can get a positive result.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Looking forward to this game on saturday and got my 2 tickets today.

Really hope we can give a good account of ourselves and get another away win.
  • Options
    Looking forward to this, taking my 6yo on his first away day. 8.50 train from cardiff.
  • Options
    Should be going, its a late decision though, as I'm only getting money the day before
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Covered End[/cite]Hudds are about to sign Alan Lee from Palace, who have agreed a bid.

An initial offer of £300,000 is understood to have been rejected, but Palace have now given Lee permission to discuss a move to the Terriers.

Lee is in the final year of his contract and Burley revealed Huddersfield have offered the 32-year-old a more lucrative deal.

Burley told the South London Press: "I'd like to keep Alan, but they have offered him a three-year contract on more money and it is very difficult to stand in his way."

I'm amazed that they'd offer him a 3 year deal at the age of 32. He was decent about 4 years ago for Ipswich, i'm not sure he's that good now. He's only scored 10 goals in 61 games for Palace, that's hardly prolific.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I will be going to this.

How many sold now? Something silly like 200 last Friday.
  • Options
    I really want to go. It's not that far up the road from me, but agreed to something weeks ago that mean I have to stay here. :(

I hope those going have a good time and bring back the points.
  • Options
    Me thinks another August Bank Holiday (Tranmere last season) turnout.
  • Options
    JTJT
    edited August 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Southendaddick[/cite]Me thinks another August Bank Holiday (Tranmere last season) turnout.

One of the best away trips last season.

Having to go via Reading from Ashford was a bit of a bastard though.
  • Options
    Just signed Alan Lee.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: covered end junior[/cite]Just signed Alan Lee.

Always dangerous when the oppo have just signed a centre forward but I'm mighty relieved we didn't spend £300,000 on that lump. He was useful for a while at Cardiff & Ipswich when he could be bothered but has spent most of his time at Palarse moaning at referees for not giving him decisions where he clearly backed in, tugged, or just couldn't be arsed to contest the ball on the first place. Suppose he'll fancy it in his first game for them but Abbott for a nominal fee will hopefully comfortably out-score him over the season.
  • Options
    I really want to go to this but got a 60 mile bike ride the next morning for charity. Really not sure i could do both...mmmmh what to do???
  • Options
    Well I know I'd rather have him playing for us than them! Having said that, I agree that Abbott is a good signing too, if a bit lower profile, and that he'll do well for us over the season.
  • Options
    losing 5-1 at Everton
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited August 2010
    And had Peltier sent off. Havent got a clue who is but he will be out for Saturday.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]And had Peltier sent off. Havent got a clue who is but he will be out for Saturday.

Wiki says right back. I thought he was their Semedo type character. Had read during the week that he's been off form so far this season.
  • Options
    Their first choice keeper Smithies was subbed at half time as well so hopefully that's another man down.