Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

What music did you have for your first dance at your wedding?

edited August 2010 in Not Sports Related
Me - Honeymoon With You by Gorkys Zygotic Mynci

Been to a wedding where they had Freak Scene by Dinosaur Jr.

Interested to know what others had or some of the more bizzare requests DJs on here have had.

Pretty sure Oakster has something by The Mojave 3.

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2010
    Coming in music at the actual ceremony was "La Det Swing" by Bobbysox...going out was "If this is love" by Rebeka Swift...how concieted can I get lol.
  • Options
    starship- nothing gonna stop us now
  • Options
    Eric Clapton - Wonderful Tonight

t'was the happiest day of my life until my daughter was born!
  • Options
    Not married yet, or even engaged, but I want Eric Clapton - You Look Wonderful Tonight.
  • Options
    So Far this Year First Songs at Weddings that I have DJ'd have been :-

Tom Baxter - Better
    Beyonce - At Last
    Eva Cassidy - Songbird
    Elvis - Wonder of You
    Pussycat Dolls - Stick Wit you
  • Options
    Getting Married late Nov, more than likely going to have Al Green - Let's Stay Together.
  • Options
    Shuddupa your Face - Joe Dolce
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: CHG[/cite]Getting Married late Nov, more than likely going to have Al Green - Let's Stay Together

that's what i had
  • Options
    how old were the poeple that had the bleeding pussycat dolls??
  • Options
    Rammstein - "Pussy"
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: ThreadKiller[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: CHG[/cite]Getting Married late Nov, more than likely going to have Al Green - Let's Stay Together

that's what i had

Go down well?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]how old were the poeple that had the bleeding pussycat dolls??

Two Police Men/Women Mid Twenties, It's a very personal/meaningful song for them apparently.
  • Options
    red red robin
  • Options
    You cant always get what you want - Rolling Stones
  • Options
    Andy Williams - You're Just Too Good To Be True
  • Options
    Married abroad on our own but had a party when we got back (last month) and had Songbird by Eva Cassidy.
  • Options
    Elvis Costello - She
  • Options
    We had a blinding singer, spot on, young lad, reckons it would have been his last 'this sort of gig' has penned a few songs for JLS new album now and seems to be moving up the ladder. We asked for Jason Moraz (spelling) I'm yours and Paolo Nutini Loving you. Both quality but he said he wasnt please with the way the Paolo one went in rehearsals (rehearsals???!) I said no probs but he ended up doing a slow medley which was out of this world, with Moraz, Black Eyed Peas (tonghts gonna be a good night), and a couple of others (too scared to ask the missus and say I cant remember as it was only in APril), but managed to gracefully sing two songs mixed a once like a MTV Mash up.

When we was talking after I asked why he hasnt done anything like X factor yet, he said it is a very last resort. Last I heard he was backing singing for Black Eyed peas on tour and another group who I cant remember.

Best £300 quid I spent, trouble is everyone just watched and didnt dance.

Sorry for the bore of a post
  • Options
    Was it:

a) "It had to be you" - Sinatra

or

b) "Too drunk to ****" - Dead Kennedys
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    True - Spandau Ballet

I wanted " How can i tell you i love you when i cant breath down here" or " I love you so much i cant shit" but she wasnt having any of it!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: stackitsteve[/cite]Married abroad on our own but had a party when we got back (last month) and had Songbird by Eva Cassidy.

Woo... thats Very young to get married in this day and age.
  • Options
    hello (lionel Richie)
  • Options
    Mine was Sade- No ordinary love
    Only problem was that the DJ didn't have it and I had to go home and get it.
    Then the bloody key snapped in the front door and had to get a ladder off next door neighbour and get in through bedroom window!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]Eric Clapton - Wonderful Tonight

t'was the happiest day of my life until my daughter was born!

Boy, that was one busy day... oh no, I see what you mean now!
  • Options
    Whos' Sorry Now - Chas 'n' Dave...
  • Options
    "Can't Take My Eyes Off You" Andy williams

Fortunately it was in 2002 - otherwise I'd have been singing the chorus with the Nicky Bailey/Christian Dailley lyrics!
  • Options
    1st time - Wonderful Tonight.
    2nd time - My Girl.

Ain't needed a 3rd - yet!!
  • Options
    Reckon Choice could come up with a list of cack he has had to play at other peopes weddings, I know I can
  • Options
    my brother had "I love you" by The Bees
  • Options
    "when you' re gone" by Bryan Adams & Mel C - wrong record really as it was too fast for the 1st dance (which is typically a slowie for the bride & groom) but it was "our" song.

Had "Thank you " by Dido at the ceremony, which would have been a better one to have at the reception.

In hindsight I should have had "Trapped" by Colonel Abrahams or "Money" by Pink Flloyd........