Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Typical Charlton!!

edited January 2007 in General Charlton
Just as I'm starting to think we're down and starting to perhaps look forward to a season in the CCC and seeing us win more games and be in the hunt for things, they go and win at Pompey, play well and then get me feeling that we may just stay up after all.

With Sheff Utd, Wigan, West Ham and Reading to come to us and Watford away all seeming like very winnable games I'm starting to think we could just about get out of this and repeat what Pompey did last season!!

Comments

• Options
    Of course we can stay up!

In football, you never know what's round the corner.
    How many of us predicted we would win at Pompey yesterday?

Most of the mid-table and relegation threatened teams are much of a muchness when it comes to playing ability, team performance, etc....

The smaller clubs tend to have less quality in the whole squad - so if they lose key players from the first team they can't just replace them with another quality player......we've seen this at Charlton, with Dazzler, Youngy and the 'little 'Oirish fella'.

The other key, is confidence.

When you put a winning run together, then you get in the habit of winning, and in your head you expect to win. So invariably you do.

On a losing run, desperation kicks in, strikers snatch at chances, passes go astray - and within a short time experienced players are playing like novices. And you can't see where your next win will come from.

Same team, same players - but different mindset.

It's all in the mind.

And yesterday's win over Pompey might just have gone someway to changing the mindset of the players.
    And the supporters......