Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Dennis Rommedahl

edited September 2006 in General Charlton
MOTM on Saturday according to today's Telegraph & Dowie was full of praise for his performance.

In good form for Denmark too.

He surely must now be given a regular run in the side.

Comments

• Options
    its funny really. When Reid come off, Romm was warming up down the line. Dowie had to wave him back to come on three times, the third it looked like his arm was gonna come off. On Dennis' return, he then gave him a real verbal volley. Romm then spent a further 3 mins getting himself ready etc. before he come on. I was sitting there thinking 'get rid of this clown', he obviously doesn't want to play for us, he just has no desire. I then expected him to go missing for the next hour, but then he goes and puts in a great performance.

I get frustrated like mad about him, goawd knows what he must do to you if you're his boss. The most annoying thing is he clearly has ability.
  • Options
    Totally agree AFKA, not my cup-o-tea, too inconsistant and won't tackle. On his day top drawer though as we see in flashes.
  • Options
    You couldn't play 4 of him in midfield but given the likely make up of the rest of our midfield we desperately need someone to link up play with Bent/JFH. What are the options:
    Thomas...injured
    Reid....injured
    Sam....loaned out
    Ambrose....talented, as inconsistent as DR, but more likely to tackle (not always v well)

At the mo, it looks like DR may have found some form and wants to impress. May just be Dowie is the man to bring the best out of him. Given current injuries and games coming up this surely must be his opportunity.
  • Options
    he made it into a team of the week at the weekend.
    not sure if it was my independent or les's notw...but he was defo there....
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]I get frustrated like mad about him, goawd knows what he must do to you if you're his boss. The most annoying thing is he clearly has ability.[/quote]

I have seen him play for PSV Eindhoven and he never showed at Charlton what he did there. Everbody thought it was a good performance, I didn't see that. He only managed to keep it wide, but his crosses and corners were horrible.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]
    not sure if it was my independent or les's notw...but he was defo there....

Hehehe - I'm picturing you and your papers now!

I really, really, really want Dennis to do the bloody business - it is astonishingly frustrating. A dose of Dowie's positive belief's got to do the trick, hasn't it? (Especially as he's gone out of his way to talk him up.)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]not sure if it was my independent or les's notw.

LOL.

I have visions of you sitting on the decking, sipping a frothy latte and cream cheese and smoked salmon on crumpets, with cuttings of fresh flowers on the table and high-browing the Independent....

....and Les, sitting on the bog, sweating badly, with the NOTW, doing the crossword or reading the agony casebook !!
  • Options
    edited September 2006
    [cite]Posted By: InspectorSands[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]
    A dose of Dowie's positive belief's got to do the trick, hasn't it? (Especially as he's gone out of his way to talk him up.)

Dowie can talk up an ingrown toenail.

Like themanager who rants and raves all the time, Dowie is a quoting belief lifter. The worry is that the impact of both wears off after a while.

Hope i'm wrong.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]not sure if it was my independent or les's notw.

LOL.

I have visions of you sitting on the decking, sipping a frothy latte and cream cheese and smoked salmon on crumpets, with cuttings of fresh flowers on the table and high-browing the Independent....

....and Les, sitting on the bog, sweating badly, with the NOTW, doing the crossword or reading the agony casebook !!

haha, thats so the complete opposite of the truth. the notw was mine and it was the observer he bought. nice to know that it was believable tho and that you think i'm a laydee!! :-)
  • Options
    preston and chantelle's latest shopping trip or martin amis' essay on the age or terrorism, i'm glad the truth has come out at last!