Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Post Portsmouth v Charlton Match Reaction

edited January 2007 in General Charlton
Yesssss!!! 0-1 CAFC

Comments

• Get in there,great result and hopefully something to build on,well done boys :-)
  • i fink i let out a bit of wee as that final whistle went! get up there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Second week running that a Charlton player has scored against his old team.

I'm just thinking aloud...I wonder if the booing that Thatcher received helped Charlton - brought the team together a bit.
  • had my fish and chips sat on the sdide for the last 15 minutes. couldn't start eating it in case it jinxed us. i dare'nt even try the listening on-line trick that has always failed miserably.

this is the start of the good times again. come alan lets keep this spirit going for a couple of months and we'll be here again next year.
  • 11 points off 10th place ;o)
  • i didnt have us down to get anything from portsmouth expecially on there form! very pleased for the lads! and well done newcastle too!
  • A little bit of organisation at the back, a little bit of backbone shown by the players, and a little bit of good fortune with the deflection for the goal. Good stuff :)

Next up Bolton, who got stuffed today. Will we get a backlash next week or are they having a timely stumble? I'll hope for the latter.

Come on you Reds..
  • Great news. Faye I take back everything I said before
  • edited January 2007
    [cite]Posted By: carlsberg[/cite]i fink i let out a bit of wee as that final whistle went! get up there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Too much information Carlsberg!!

I have to admit I laughed my arse off when I heard that Amdy Faye had got our goal, given the slagging of he's had from the Pompey fans and a lot of our fans this season. I wonder what sort of game Traore had?
  • Heard Pardew say that Ben Thatcher produced one of the best displays at left back he has seen for a long time.
  • Sponsored links:

• i think we should put ben 'elbows' thatcher up front against chealsea for peter cech's benefit!
  • edited January 2007
    Thatcher must have been fired up today.
    Clattered Lauren, too - the poor love had to change his bloodied shirt......

What a relief we've signed a player with a bit of resilience and character, amongst all our spineless wonders.
    But that's not what I would have said when he played for Man City et al. LOL
  • Agree,never been a real fan of his,but to be fair at least he plays with passion,always looks up for it and never bottles a challenge.So far so good,he has my vote.
  • i know we usually the team that gets rid of these sort of players for that sort of behavior! hopefully he keeps a professional head as in the last two games! i was joking about the peter cech fing by the way coz thats just nasty! haha
  • lol carlsberg,i don't think it's such a bad idea.
  • Well done lads
  • although he scored the winner Faye still looked poor.

Teach all you lot for not going now eh ;-)
  • We actually played well for a change, Faye was shockingly poor in the first half, improved in the second half though.

For a change the whole team put the effort in.

An hour before the game, the wind and rain kicked in, hence about 30 Charlton fans squeezed in the Men's toilets as that was the only dry place.

Their ground is laughable, their support however is not.

A great 3 points!!
  • edited January 2007
    [cite]Posted By: alfie[/cite]11 points off 10th place ;o)

But four points off safety!!