Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Smoking or not will you still go?

If It was completely banned would you still go.Gasping for that half time fag but can't have 1 new rules coming in soon.

Comments

• Options
    Yep, but then I don't smoke.

If you can't last a couple of hours without a cigarette then you have a real problem.
  • Options
    I believe the complete no smoking ban comes into effect from the start of next season.

You've gotta admit it's getting a bit ridiculous on the concourses - the lower north is like a smog has settled in...!
  • Options
    And, as someone who sits on an aisle seat, what now happens is that everyone starts leaving about 2-3 mins before the end of the 1st half and comes back after the start of the 2nd.

Can't wait!
  • Options
    That happens now anyway,i've just given up smoking,been 2 weeks now.
  • Options
    The Ban on Pubs/Clubs start on the 1st July best opportunity I'll ever have to give up so will be giving it a go then, but not before..!
  • Options
    They should bring it in sooner - the concourse in the west is Nicotine Central at half time, I imagine the other concourses are the same.

Not pleasant places to be.
  • Options
    I gave up 4 months ago but I don't agree with a total stadium ban. It's not an enclosed area so people should have the choice to smoke if they want to.
  • Options
    I do believe that no one has ever died from not having a cigarette at half time or for a couple of hours!
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    [cite]Posted By: Barn Door Lisbie[/cite]I gave up 4 months ago but I don't agree with a total stadium ban. It's not an enclosed area so people should have the choice to smoke if they want to.

I used to smoke, but have never ever smoked in my 'seat' at a charlton game, unless it was at an away game where we had 20 seats each.

the smoke goes in the faces of all of those around you, and its very inconsiderate. it might be an open space, but you can't guarantee the smoke will go in a certain direction. i used to sit in the lower west behind the disabled section and one of them used to be rigged up to smoke through a tube, i don't know whether it was because it wasn't a normal way of smoking but the smoke that came off of it went directly into mine and my dads faces, and it was awful. we spent the time whilst he was smoking fan'ing it away with watering eyes and coughing.

i'm not an anti smoker now even though i've given up, each to their own, but i think its about the non-smokers not having a choice that is the issue, rather than smokers doing what they like and letting everyone else suffer the consequences.
  • Options
    If someone seriously considered not going to Charlton anymore because they couldn't smoke there, then I would suggest that it's probably the sort of "fan" that nobody would notice not coming anymore anyway.

It's a bit like saying you wouldn't go because the beer they serve is crap!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2007
    The ban on smoking in your seat is fair enough for the reasons you have mentioned, it's a total stadium ban (i.e. a ban on smoking on the concourse at half time) I don't agree with.
  • Options
    I smoke and am one of the people that goes down at half time (After the whistle has gone) All of the smokers under the stand can't understand why the powers that be started the ban the way they have - I would have though that they would have allowed it in your seat (Say at before and half time only) and banned it underneath where it is an enclosed space - serving food!!

I certainly will not stop going to the game just because I can't have a smoke for 2 hours max. Anyone that does moan or stops going for this reason is the type of fan we don't need!! I haven't stopped going out for dinner in places that have a ban already! Personally I hope this ban helps with people giving up - I will hopefully try again in July!

The people that do moan - do they not go on holiday abroad???? you can't smoke on a plane........
  • Options
    but thats not an open area. i hate eating when people are smoking around me, as i'm sure a lot of people do.
    its horrible on the concourse in the upper north as its so cloudy you can't see anything/anyone. it'd be interesting to know if refreshment figures have changed since the no smoking in seats rule came into force. i'm more likely to stay in my seat and not try to get something to eat/drink at half time these days

i know people don't have a choice as they can't smoke in their seats, but i think it'll be a great thing when it comes in. if people can't go a few hours without a cig then they've got a serious proplem.
  • Options
    It wont kill you to give up smoking but it will if you continue.....Please give up...you wont regret it!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MariaCAFC[/cite]Anyone that does moan or stops going for this reason is the type of fan we don't need
    Too right - we need the type with blades that blow smokey air away.
  • Options
    just a shame that the government hasn't got the balls to ban it totally in this country. Where would it be without the tax raised ?