Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Bulletin

edited January 2007 in General Charlton
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!

Bent into top form

Marcus Bent has revealed that a one-on-one with new boss Alan Pardew has given him the confidence to fire the club to safety.

Pardew sat Bent down not long after being appointed on Christmas Eve and the striker explained how much of an impact the chat had.

"Pards sat me down for a chat not long after taking the job," he said.

"He installed a little bit of confidence back into me, and to be honest that made me want to go out there and work hard for him.

"He said he'd tried to buy me once and basically that I needed to go back to the way I'd played in the past.

Comments

• Options
    "He said he'd tried to buy me once and basically that I needed to go back to the way I'd played in the past.

Yep, in Division One.
  • Options
    there has been a major improvement on his performances as far as effort goes. That said, he is rubbish at football! Anyway, its what we all wanted, a charlton type johnnie robinson tryer who aint that good really. See where i am comin from
  • Options
    dyathink he wrote that?
  • Options
    Bad news is Marcus,when Pards tried to sign you he was the manager of Dulwich Hamlet :-)
  • Options
    Loads of Bents out there probably confused with someone else..
  • Options
    I'm talking about the Bulletin itself fellas, churning out yet more dirge. Who do they think they are trying to spin this to? Do they really think we go for this crap? It's pathetic, if not downright insulting!

I've said it before, but if there's nothing to say THEN SAY NOTHING!!!
  • Options
    Point about Marcus, though - he's strong in the air......and we almost NEVER give him a decent service.
  • Options
    If he puts the effort in then he is a decent player - and his performances have looked better recently - bear in mind we have an invisible midfield, any striker is going to struggle in front of that.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Salad Spinner[/cite]If he puts the effort in then he is a decent player - and his performances have looked better recently - bear in mind we have an invisible midfield, any striker is going to struggle in front of that.

its what i was tryin to say also SS,, our midfield is totally inept, and i think some of his performances have been okay compared to watching last season say!
  • Options
    THE BULLETIN CHAPS - OR ARE MY POSTS INVISIBLE ON EVERYONE ELSE'S COMPUTER BUT MINE?!

Oh fug it, I'm off to the pub!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]THE BULLETIN CHAPS - OR ARE MY POSTS INVISIBLE ON EVERYONE ELSE'S COMPUTER BUT MINE?!

Oh fug it, I'm off to the pub!

lol, best poster by a mile, well done off it dood, make me craik up everytime.

Anyway i agree