Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Simple Pre-Season Fan's Survey-The Results are in...

edited July 2010 in General Charlton
Not able to create a Poll or Survey on here so I've created a simple one myself...

Nothing sinister, no agenda, just simple questions...

I'll post the results once the season has started and then repeat it at Christmas...

Charlton Fans Pre-Season Survey...

Comments

• Options
    Intresting survey,

Personaly Parky is growing on me, His now made the team his own, hardly any Pardew's boys left, and we looked very good dispite loseing vs Watford, We have a good chance of getting in the playoffs at least this year from the Watford performence just need to get them 4 key players in, Another ST for sure wich could make or brake our season#

In Parky we Trust!
  • Options
    Our season outcome still depends on whether we get a quick goal scoring striker (and cover) to play alongside Abbot or Sodje, also whether the other positions creative cm / right wing and goal keeper are filled. If they are, we will make the play offs, if not we will be a couple of places outside the play offs.
  • Options
    Of course the next few signings are crucial as they are the final pieces of the jig saw. I think the signings are as good as we could have expected in the circumstances. The siging of Pawal might not be the perfect striker but it shows where Parky is heading and if he can get someone to play off him it could be the right formula for getting out of this division.

I think we are likely to be a hard team to beat and more like a Curbs initial side that ground other teams down rather than play them off the park.

We look likely to be a bigger height orientated side this year for the first time in a long time, which hopefully will stop the amount of goals we have given away at set pieces as in recent years.

We won't know till the season is well under way if this is all going to gel, but I wouldn't be surprised to see us make the play offs and if so be better equiped to go up via them.
  • Options
    got a feeling we're end up finishing same position as last yr, but this time go up through playoffs, but very long season ansd very dependant on not haveing serious injury problems and if we do, being able to loan in a replacement
  • Options
    Red - No agenda my hairy arse!! FFS give it a rest!! I bet your one of the people that booed Mooney before he came on.
  • Options
    Sack parky sack Murray sack the players ;o)
  • Options
    Dazzler...you forgot sell the ground and build flats.
  • Options
    I think Parkinson is underrated, for his first season in charge he did an fantastic job in my book, took a side devoid of confidence having has their arse kikced across the country and finishing a firm last, he got the best start in Charltons history and then cracked on missing automatic by 2 points...

This year we will see his team, his side, and I think his signings so far have been very good, a few more and a couple of early wins and who knows..
  • Options
    81 fans have taken the survey to date, results are interesting so far...

If you haven't taken the survey why don't you pop over there now and do so, so know it makes sense...

Pre-Season Fan's Survey...
  • Options
    Hated Parky last year, the way he has a go at the ballboys dont help, but cant deny some good ins this summer, not sure about Mccormack though.
    Going up completely depends on ability to get goals, so it all depends whether our front force work well.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I have no faith in PP but I have to give him credit for picking up a few shrewd bargains.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Starinnaddick[/cite]no faith in PP but I have to give him credit for picking up a few shrewd bargains.

You mean he's a crap manager, but would make a first class boy scout Chief Scout ....?

;o)
  • Options
    Personally I think some of these comments about Parky is ridiculous, I completely agree with mascot88 as I think he has done a fantastic job and I cant fault him whatsoever, nor can I think of a better man in charge to do what he has done for us.

Last season people was writting us off saying we would be fighting for survival, in a relegation battle. In the end we were one win off automatic. The credit not only goes to the players for performaning and actually getting the points but most of it goes to Parkinson himself as he installed the confidence and belief into the players, that we not only could go up but would too. Grant Basey said before in an interview, 'noone at the club didn't beliieve or think that we wouldn't go up last season' and thats down to Parky.

Parkinson is one of the most underrated managers around in my opinion, and has proved to be a great manager for this level and I think he could easily cut it in the Championship now. Maybe couldn't a few years ago when at Hull but certainly can now.
  • Options
    Good idea. I'll see who we sign in the next few days re. on-field season prospects but am more than happy with Parky & Richard Murray.
  • Options
    The results are in..

I didn't realise it at the time but Zoomerang, the poll hosts, limited the survey to the first 100 surveys but over 200 actually took part...

Question One: This season Charlton will be:
    Automatically Promoted: 22%
    Promoted via Play-Offs: 40%
    Fail at Play-Off stage: 15%
    Relegated: 0%
    Neither Promoted or Relegated: 23%

Question Two: Are you happy with Phil Parkinson as manager...?
    Yes: 92%
    No: 8%

Question Three: Are you happy with Richard Murray now in sole charge...?
    Yes: 88%
    No: 10%

Question Four: Do you think a Takeover will happen before this season is completed...?
    Yes: 33%
    No: 67%

Question Five: Do you hope a takeover happens this season...?
    Yes: 78%
    No:22%

Well, these are the results from the fans, what do you think they mean...?

Link to Survey Results...
  • Options
    Let's look at question 2:

I think that the 8% don't half make a lot of noise on here and other forums! Ask any politician - they would do anything to get a 92% approval rating - that's an amazing stat.

Other than that, it's an interesting mix of optimism and pessimism!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: RedZed333[/cite]
    Question One: This season Charlton will be:
    Automatically Promoted: 22%
    Promoted via Play-Offs: 40%
    Fail at Play-Off stage: 15%
    Relegated: 0%
    Neither Promoted or Relegated: 23%
    I'm gobsmacked.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Saga Lout[/cite]Let's look at question 2:

I think that the 8% don't half make a lot of noise on here and other forums! Ask any politician - they would do anything to get a 92% approval rating - that's an amazing stat.

I've never been convinced by various posters arguments "he's a poor defender", the latest to be tagged thus is Grant Basey. Despite protection by one of the best enforcers outside the Prem, our defence has been poor but now Parky has his own choice of back four - if we turn into a tight unit I'll be converted whether we go up or not.
  • Options
    92% support for Parky is massive and if he didn't already believe he had the fans behind him already, he does now...

I wasn't surprised at the 88% happy with Murray now in sole charge but I was surprised to see that 78% hoped a takeover would happen this season which presumably would mean bye bye to Dicky....
  • Options

You are aware that this survey isn't a representative sample of the fan base aren't you. This result purely means that 90% of people on Charlton Life back Parky I would suggest those that make a lot of noise represent more than 8% of our regular support.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: RedZed333[/cite]92% support for Parky is massive and if he didn't already believe he had the fans behind him already, he does now...

I wasn't surprised at the 88% happy with Murray now in sole charge but I was surprised to see that 78% hoped a takeover would happen this season which presumably would mean bye bye to Dicky....

If RM visits this site, I'm sure he'd have been one of the 78%.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Harveys Trainer[/cite]

You are aware that this survey isn't a representative sample of the fan base aren't you. This result purely means that 90% of people on Charlton Life back Parky I would suggest those that make a lot of noise represent more than 8% of our regular support.
    Actually this survey was put out on several Charlton Fans sites/forums plus Facebook and Twitter and according to the sitemeter statistics fans as far away as Australia and America and parts of mainland Europe took part....

And given the amount of Charlton fans on CL, I think that even if only CL members voted that would be more than a fair overall representation of fans views...

Damned statistics...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: harveys gardener[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: RedZed333[/cite]92% support for Parky is massive and if he didn't already believe he had the fans behind him already, he does now...

If RM visits this site, I'm sure he'd have been one of the 78%.
    He would have been one of the 88% too I would imagine...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: RedZed333[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Harveys Trainer[/cite]

Actually this survey was put out on several Charlton Fans sites/forums plus Facebook and Twitter and according to the sitemeter statistics fans as far away as Australia and America and parts of mainland Europe took part....

And given the amount of Charlton fans on CL, I think that even if only CL members voted that would be more than a fair overall representation of fans views...

Damned statistics...

I didn't think this was a serious statistical survey and I'm surprised that the question of whether it is a true representation of the views of every Charlton fan has been raised. However, I wonder how many people on how many websites would need to be surveyed to satisfy that requirement.

My comments were made assuming that a selection of fans (with a variety of standpoints) would've found this survey and filled it in and this would seem to be borne out by Red's comments.
  • Options
    small sample size if you had more then 1000 that would be enough to get a clear idea about all fans but i dis-agree, although i clicked most on each question i just feel its not really accurate just a bit for fun really
  • Options
    89% of statistics are made up.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stebo[/cite]89% of statistics are made up.

Unless of course the 88% was made up?