Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Pleased with those 2...

edited July 2010 in General Charlton
.... pleased with all of them so far... and only 35k a piece very good work I say...

So Jackson, Doherty, Reid, Abbot, McCormack,Francis... I think that is a really good bunch of captures for nothing more than 2 pints and a packet of Benson..

Im started to feel really good...

All we need now is a 3-0 against Bournemouth and the world could be an amazing place...

Comments

• Agreed. I am trying not to step over the line into the land of delusion, but with the team that Parky has scraped together, there can be little doubt that CAFC will be a tough tie this season. No serious reaches and no banking on players with unfulfilled high ceilings pulling it all together.

Looking forward to seeing how quickly it comes together.
  • Parky has put together a real squad for league one. I reckon we'll start off slowly for the first few games but we'll get better as the season goes on to probably challenge for the play offs.

If only we can get someone like Eastwood in.
  • On paper they look a decent bunch of signings - the two key things are that we need a 15-20 goal striker and that the team must have the character to graft and grind out results. If nothing else most of these signings look like they have a physical presence about them.
  • All we need is Marshall to sign up, a young, hungry striker, and maybe another winger to be cover for either flank, Davisson isn't ready and I'm still not convinced Wagstaff can make a proper impact yet.
  • I'm still worried about the centre of the park. Semedo, Racon, McCormack, Stavrinou, and to an extent Jackson. We're still a body short there imo, especially with Jackson starting the season at left back by the looks of things.
  • Dunno about that Ross! That's pretty much our strongest position I'd say! Those 4 sounds pretty good to me with Stavrinou as a young backup in an emergency, Racon and Semedo are arguably our best players" We are scraping together a threadbare squad I doubt we are going to have more than that 2 players for each position - we only have 1 left winger (plus Jackson) and one (crap) right winger (plus no-one!). Two RBs, only 3 CBS, 2 LBS...! I would say CM is the only position we don't really need to worry about...
  • [cite]Posted By: mascot88[/cite]All we need now is a 3-0 against Bournemouth and the world could be an amazing place..

Ah, yes ......a 3-0 win against Bournemouth would be fantastic.

Remember those 3-0 wins we used to get against Aston Villa, just a few seasons ago?
    (OMG I'm starting to sound like OOohAaaagh!)

;o)
  • Yeah was at a couple of them.. great days... jeffers brace and Parker weaving through the defence on the by line clip back for 3-0 EASY! EASY! EASY!!
  • edited August 2010
    [cite]Posted By: sam3110[/cite]All we need is Marshall to sign up, a young, hungry striker, and maybe another winger to be cover for either flank, Davisson isn't ready and I'm still not convinced Wagstaff can make a proper impact yet.

Wagstaff has already made an impact. He scored important goals and he scared the bejesus out of numerous fullbacks with his pace and directness.

[cite]Posted By: paulsturgess[/cite]one (crap) right winger (plus no-one!).

Yup. That's just the kind of support that a young player -- our young player -- could do with. That will undoubtedly make him perform.
  • edited August 2010
    Love how people expect Wagstaff to be able to go automatically from a youth team player into a top quality league 1 winger, it takes time but he has potential and just needs games. Only way he can improve, otherwise we may as well send him packing.
  • Sponsored links:

• Some of you under estimate Waggy.
    He really was one of our best players last season, when he got on he caused problems.

Admittedly he looked a little lost now and again, with the ball going past him alot but once he plays more games, finds some firm ground he'l do us a good job.