Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Evening all

I'm new on here, have been reading for a while but thought, I've always got an opinion on what I'm reading but don't get a chance to air them, so have joined.

Murray and Parky need to start pulling their fingers out, season less than 2 weeks away and we have one experienced centre forward, a tiny right back who will not be able to last a full season as first choice without experienced cover on the right wing which again we lack in Waggy. Don't get me wrong, Solly and Wagstaff are the future and I am all for them being a big part of the club, but having them as first choice throughout the season isn't the way forward.

People's thoughts on this?

Oh and Chrissy Powell for knighthood!

Comments

• Welcome, Sir Chrissy....

I totally agree with you, unless I'm in the minority then I don't....
  • Welcome Sir

I agree 100%
  • welcome sir chrissy, are you involved in a junior football club selkent league ?
  • Oh i thought this was going to be about Dixon of dock green.
  • northstandsteve, I am indeed !

How would you know this?
  • steve winston sports mate
  • [cite]Posted By: Sir Chrissy[/cite]I'm new on here, have been reading for a while but thought, I've always got an opinion on what I'm reading but don't get a chance to air them, so have joined.

Murray and Parky need to start pulling their fingers out, season less than 2 weeks away and we have one experienced centre forward, a tiny right back who will not be able to last a full season as first choice without experienced cover on the right wing which again we lack in Waggy. Don't get me wrong, Solly and Wagstaff are the future and I am all for them being a big part of the club, but having them as first choice throughout the season isn't the way forward.

People's thoughts on this?

Oh and Chrissy Powell for knighthood!

Cant argue with any of that.
    I really think that unless something is done very quickly then Charlton Athletic as we know it could go down the toilet .
    It's a depressing view but 8 days till the season starts and with 1 senior striker in the squad we are as good as stuffed.
    Hopefully in the next week things will change but if not i fear league two might be our next port of call.
  • your get to know i am the most argumentative miserable bastard on here LOL
  • I think everyone has got to take a step back, things have obviously been going on behind the scenes that have made acquisitions a little difficult, I think things will accelerate things week like this time last season.
  • Ohhh, heya mate ! Small world eh. Polos going to be ready for saturday ? Haha.

And in answer to Bedsaddick, sad that the clubs got to this.. The current Murray situation and goings on are really positive, or so it seems, and so we have to rely on that. Lets just hope good comes of it for the clubs sake.
  • Sponsored links:

• Haha, love it ! Bit hard to not be miserable what with everything going on ..
  • Polo's all done just waiting for balls to come in tomorrow.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Sir Chrissy[/cite]Haha, love it ! Bit hard to not be miserable what with everything going on ..[/quote]

no mate im famous for it on here, listen mate your have to meet up with a lot of us on here in the liberal for a beer before games.
  • Nice one ! Polos look good?

How many of you get down there then? But yeh, sounds good.
  • loads mate you get to meet all the people you call a tosser during the course of a week.
  • And then we do it at the weekend...
  • [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]And then we do it at the weekend...

And he's the biggest one ;-)
  • WSS is the geezer in the brown cordruoy jacket and electric blue sun visor.
  • [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]I think everyone has got to take a step back, things have obviously been going on behind the scenes that have made acquisitions a little difficult, I think things will accelerate things week like this time last season.

I hope your right. I'm sure we will sign a striker or two before next saturday...
  • if we dont we are well and truly fecked
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]WSS is the geezer in the brown cordruoy jacket and electric blue sun visor.

Lol, quality!!
  • [cite]Posted By: Sir Chrissy[/cite]Nice one ! Polos look good?

How many of you get down there then? But yeh, sounds good.

I agree with ya chrissy as I'm sure most die hards would, I try to be positive and I believe parky will bring a good few faces in to strengthen us. If there is no news by Tuesday I'll personally ring the alarm. As long as we can get the valley atmosphere buzzing like we did against Swindon I think we can have a very good season. Still a lot of quality in the squad.

Enjoy your time.
  • I can't see us pulling in the crowds we got last season. I can only see them decreasing. Unless we have a storming start, I can't see there being any incentive for outsiders and 'non-regulars' to come along, therefore causing the atmosphere to decline yet again.