Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Help!

edited July 2010 in Not Sports Related
So the night before last I got on the tube at Old Street and stood opposite an incredibly cute girl who was sat down listening to her iPod.
To cut a long story short there was a lot of eye contact until we both got off the tube at London Bridge.
We then kept bumping in to each other all the way up to platform 4, at this point she stopped and as I walked past she gave me a very sweet smile.

So what did I do?...

Smiled back and carried on walking!

Fool.

I am now kicking myself.

So how do I track her down?
I know what train she got on (the 19:34 to Gravesend) but other than that no other info!
At least 3 times a week I'm at LB around that time but what are the chances of me bumping in to her again?!

There used to be a column in the Metro specifically for this but it seems to have disappeared.

Any thoughts, or should I just leave it to fate?

Comments

• Options
    My advice would be change the category to "not sports related".

: - )
  • Options
    If its meant to happen mate then you will bump into her again without having to look for her, as you say "fate".
  • Options
    I wonder if this chick realises she has a stalker now!! ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]My advice would be change the category to "not sports related".

: - )

oops!

done.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Red5[/cite]I wonder if this chick realises she has a stalker now!! ;-)

That has crossed my mind, which is why I've decided not to wait at LB at 19.30 every day for the next 6 months.
    I'm definitely not going to do that, I think.
  • Options
    get that train every day for a week, have a few pints each time first (dutch courage) and then go for it !
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: dansmudge[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Red5[/cite]I wonder if this chick realises she has a stalker now!! ;-)

That has crossed my mind, which is why I've decided not to wait at LB at 19.30 every day for the next 6 months.

Heh heh, I was only joking man (honest)!

Tip:

The conkers that fall from the tree by force are bad, whereas the conkers that fall from the tree naturally... are good!

Do you understand? ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite]get that train every day for a week, have a few pints each time first (dutch courage) and then go for it !

Yeah, i can just imagine that:

"Excuse me (hic) I been watching you for a long time now (hic)"

hehehehehe
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Red5[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: dansmudge[/cite]

Heh heh, I was only joking man (honest)!

Tip:

The conkers that fall from the tree by force are bad, whereas the conkers that fall from the tree naturally... are good!

Do you understand? ;-)

Wise words indeed.

I'm not normally the kind of person to get worked up about something like this but for some reason this girl is stuck in my head.
    She had a real spark in her eye!

But you are right, what will be will be.
  • Options
    The column in the metro used to freak me out!

"Cute girl on the bus, you didn't notice me but fancy a drink sometime? x"

Weird!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: dansmudge[/cite]Wise words indeed.

I'm not normally the kind of person to get worked up about something like this but for some reason this girl is stuck in my head.
    She had a real spark in her eye!

But you are right, what will be will be.

Ah, you understand Ancient Chinese proverbs. Good.
    In that case you are wise too and will know what to do.
    Best of luck to you.
  • Options
    Draw a picture of her in MS Paint. Maybe someone on here will recognise her :-)
  • Options
    get some posters made up and plaster them all round london bridge
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]The column in the metro used to freak me out!

"Cute girl on the bus, you didn't notice me but fancy a drink sometime? x"

Weird!

I saw a girl on a bus a few times and she was stunning. I never plucked up the courage to speak to her and let it go.

Then, 5 years later I met her at a party and it turns out she was a mate of my new girlfriend.

During the course of that 5 years it appears she did nothing but eat doughnuts and lard as she had doubled in size. Face of an angel, body of buddha
  • Options
    Get a Bill-Oddie-style-bird-watching-tent and camp out on the platform with a duck whistle and quack good for that birdie! ;-)

(Top tip: Take some sarnies and juice - could be a long time waiting)
  • Options
    Volunteer to do some fund raising for a worthwhile charity.

That gives you an excuse to hang around train stations and approach people.

When she sees you are collecting for blind dogs/sick rabbits/whatever she will realise you are the man for her.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Volunteer to do some fund raising for a worthwhile charity.

That gives you an excuse to hang around train stations and approach people.

When she sees you are collecting for blind dogs/sick rabbits/whatever she will realise you are the man for her.

That's solid advice!
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I might combine all those suggestions:

drink 2 pints,
    make a poster of her face in MS paint,
    put them up all round LB,
    camp out on platform 4 with a collection of sick, cute, blind animals,
    (pack food & drink for long wait)

I could also go a step further and get a court injunction put on myself, just to save her the time.
  • Options
    [quote][

during the course of that 5 years it appears she did nothing but eat doughnuts and lard as she had doubled in size. Face of an angel, body of buddha[/quote]

a cut-n-shut
  • Options
    My life is brilliant.
    My love is pure.
    I saw an angel.
    Of that I'm sure.
    She smiled at me on the subway.
    She was with another man.
    But I won't lose no sleep on that,
    'Cause I've got a plan.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    S'easy innit. You need cover for being on a train platform for a prolonged period. You're an Addick...get yourself a camera, notebook, copy of British Rolling Stock 2004, wear something biege in a man made fabric, maybe some thick glasses, carry a tuperware box of sandwiches and you're sorted. In fact the bonus is that if she spots you again what woman could resist a get up like that?
  • Options
    Is it bad that I recognised James Blunt from the lyrics alone? I think it is!
  • Options
    I just saw this cris-de-coeur (Google it) on another website:

"So the night before last I got on the tube at Old Street and stood opposite an incredibly nice guy who was sat down eating a kebab.
    To cut a long story short there was a lot of eye contact until we both got off the tube at London Bridge.
    We then kept bumping in to each other all the way up to platform 4, at this point I stopped and as he walked past I gave him a very sweet smile.

So what did he do?...

Smiled back and carried on walking!

Fool.

I am now convinced that he's probably some anorak Charlton fan who spends all his time train-spotting or collecting for the PDSA.

Thank Christ I avoided that one. Anyway, it'll soon be time to get back to Selhurst for the new season."
  • Options
    I love these sort of threads. My all time favourite was the kid who wanted advice after his bird didnt want to be with him. Im sorry, but having been to the Valley on many occasions, Charlton fans are the last people i would go to for advice with women!!! ;-)

if anybody can get a link to that thread it would make my day.
  • Options
    That explains it. My girlfriend came home last night all freaked out because some weirdo kept staring at her on the tube then followed her all the way up to the overground platform.
    Luckily she managed to get on a train and lose him. I've advised her to change her route home from now on.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]That explains it. My girlfriend came home last night all freaked out because some weirdo kept staring at her on the tube then followed her all the way up to the overground platform.
    Luckily she managed to get on a train and lose him. I've advised her to change her route home from now on.

Oh really?!
    Purely out of interest, what has she changed her route to?...
  • Options
    Just be careful where you drop your conkers...