Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Moral Dilema - My lunch

After the success of my last moral maze question on fat dogs and kids here is today's question.

I'm working at home. I have a choice of some homemade tuna mayo in a sarnie (cheap, healthy, would go to waste if I don't eat it) or chicken and black bean sauce with rice (yummy MSG and present to myself but maybe undoing the 100 lengths I've swam this week) from the local Chinese takeaway.

What should I do?

Comments

• Chinese, I had something along the same lines last night, but then I did ride into work this morning, had a row with a black cab driver and a PCSO, so I guess it balanced out
  • cheap and tuna

have had tuna, jacket potato and salad for lunch last two days and amazingly feel a lot more energetic in the afternoon. Am working long, long hours at the moment, and always flag mid-afternoon. Have really noticed the difference.

As an aside, despite doing up to 14hr days (including trains), i've not had a lunch in 2007 away from my desk. How sad is that....
  • Tuna,

Full of protein which is good for you. Make you feel less tired and plus its easy. Lay off the mayo though cos that doesn't make it healthy.

Then do the sensible thing and get a Chinease tonight!!!
  • Tuna all day long,then go and have tapas tonite
  • If you're desks near enough to your front door that you don't have to get up to open it to the delivery man, the Chinese. If not, or if you'd have to bother goin down the road to get it yourself, the tuna.
  • Have both and do 100 lengths tomorrow
  • Have to go and pick the Chinese up but they do a cheap lunch time offer £4.50 with a cold drink.
  • eat the tuna,but only if you are sure that it was caught dolphin safe!
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]After the success of my last moral maze question on fat dogs and kids here is today's question.

I'm working at home. I have a choice of some homemade tuna mayo in a sarnie (cheap, healthy, would go to waste if I don't eat it) or chicken and black bean sauce with rice (yummy MSG and present to myself but maybe undoing the 100 lengths I've swam this week) from the local Chinese takeaway.

What should I do?

small pool is it ? A jacuzzi ?
  • edited January 2007
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]cheap and tuna

have had tuna, jacket potato and salad for lunch last two days and amazingly feel a lot more energetic in the afternoon. Am working long, long hours at the moment, and always flag mid-afternoon. Have really noticed the difference.

As an aside, despite doing up to 14hr days (including trains), i've not had a lunch in 2007 away from my desk. How sad is that....
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]
    [
    small pool is it ? A jacuzzi ?

25 metre pool thank you very much.
  • [cite]Posted By: PeakeysRocket[/cite]eat the tuna,but only if you are sure that it was caught dolphin safe!

Why is it OK to kill a tuna fish but not a Dolphin. What have the dolphins ever done for us?
  • you havent had lunch away from desk because you're always on here, nowt to do with workload.

I think if you actually kncoked out the carbs during the day you wouldnt flag at all. hi protein low carbs... its the only way
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: PeakeysRocket[/cite]eat the tuna,but only if you are sure that it was caught dolphin safe!

Why is it OK to kill a tuna fish but not a Dolphin. What have the dolphins ever done for us?

ahem, flipper??
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Why is it OK to kill a tuna fish but not a Dolphin. What have the dolphins ever done for us?

or elephants,what are they good for?
  • [cite]Posted By: PeakeysRocket[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Why is it OK to kill a tuna fish but not a Dolphin. What have the dolphins ever done for us?

or elephants,what are they good for?

absolutly nothin !!
  • say it again!
  • edited January 2007
    Dolphins are lovely creatures especially when swimming with them. Tuna are bred just to kill and feed us. I've been to a big tuna farm off the South Coast of Oz and the nets they are bred in are enormous. The fish themselves are massive. Very lucrative Japanese market.
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]say it again!

That is being re-released soon. Something to do with George Galloway and the ant-war in Iraq movement.
  • yeah they love it in japan dont they, its a real delicacy for them. And blige me they are mahoosive fish.
  • Sponsored links:

• Is the tuna dolphin friendly tuna?
  • Lovely dolphins.

When i lived in Hong Kong, the speciality at the banquet dinners were Sharks Fin Soup. Vomitous stuff. Very popular among the locals, I asked one of the chinese guys i worked with didnt he feel bad about how they just took the shark's fin off and then would throw the shark back into the sea... but he believed that the fin would grow back. My mate said, so if i sawed your leg off do you think another one would grow back? poor sharks.

disclaimer
    This comment was not meant in any way to be a racial comment against Chinese.
  • Don't worry B I am sure ZZ has not logged onto Charlton Life Yet :-)
  • ha ha forgot about him!
  • I always make sure that my tuna has been swimming in brine first, feel sorry for the ones that have to swim allday in sunflower oil.

:-)
  • I love the way these threads are a form of word association/stream of consciousness where we go from my lunch to Dolphins, elephants, AFKA's poor work life balance (see your union, staff forum mate, wouldn't happen at Barclay's) Edwin Starr and the war in Iraq to shark fin shop.

Long may it continue.
  • [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]

disclaimer
    This comment was not meant in any way to be a racial comment against Chinese.

2m people are burning effigies of you in Peking right now and there's a radio phone about you on BBCLondon ;- )
  • Charlton Life Admin can announce it has been received in the region of 38,000 whispers, urging Curb It to be kicked out the Charlton Life Forum.

Her own brand perfume 'ave it !' has been removed from the countries 226 outlets of Primark. Fortunately Charlton Life hasn't got a sponsor, otherwise i'm sure they would of pulled out by now.
  • "'ave it".
    lol
  • tuna puna, can't stand the stuff. go chinese 'enry, it's friday!