Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Anyway...Back to the football - Optimism

edited January 2007 in General Charlton
After all the excitement of yesterday with a particular young lady, it's back to the football. Pompey are on the slide, Thatcher won't get any stick, JFH will get a hatrick. We still get beat 4-3.

In all seriousness I reckon we are good for a point tomorrow.

Comments

• Options
    you could be right, I think the whole Thatcher thing will have a bigger effect on them....their fans etc won't leave it alone so MIGHT play into our hands a bit
  • Options
    Oh defo, there fans will be baying for blood, which i am sure it wont help the actual atmosphere, you no gettin behind there team! I have a good feeling, we have to be able to end this run sooner or later!
  • Options
    Sorry folks, I fear your optimism is being sorely misplaced. Pompey 3 Charlton 0.
    We have no attack, a crap midfield and the worst defence in the Prem.
  • Options
    No Attack, Crap Midfield & worst defence in Prem, not looking good is it ?
  • Options
    Sad to say, but it does look like we will be going down without much of a fight!!
  • Options
    Although my head agrees that Ormiston is probably right, my heart says that the hyped up atmosphere must at least give us a better chance.

So head say nil point, heart say 1 or 3 points.

I go with the heart
    (well you have to really)
  • Options
    Does worst goal record mean worst defence.. if you know what I mean, its our midfield that's the problem in my view, fix that and we'll concede less.
  • Options
    score more and we are laughing.
  • Options
    I agree with razil, our defence has no support or protection from our non existent midfield (Andy Reid excepted) and a static, useless attack (without Darren Bent).
  • Options
    Anyone care to gloat or eat their words?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2007
    My heart would like to gloat please :-)

I do think psychologically the lid on the players' pressure-cooker was lifted last weekend - it was all "do or die" and they failed, thus most of were thinking relegation is almost certain now and we wouldn't get anything from the next four games - no expectations, so pressure levels back to 'normal' - Pards could work his magic, the players stayed focussed and composed.

I wouldn't be suprised to get 4 points from the next two games now ...

... no pressure though lads!!
  • Options
    i'm expecting 9 points, if not all the players should be sacked, pardew out, the board should resign etc etc etc
  • Options
    My words are all stuck in my teeth.........I did say atleast a point though!!