Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Phone help!- updated

Right peeps, ppl, homies!

I've lost my phone

Firstly bit of advice as i need to speak to T-mobile as i have to pay £50 a month and im not happy with them anyway and my mate suggested say to them i cant afford to keep contract as i have to buy a new phone and they will reduce it to say £5. firstly anyone else had something similar as i cant see this happenning myself and any tips on what to say to them

secondly, i dunno whether to get the new iphone or blackberry. I have seen the new iphone and looks pretty neat however i do have ipod touch & ipad so is it really needed, the main use of my phone is to text/phone people not too bothered about internet but be handy if i could go on CL on it and like a phone which looks good

so any help would be appreciated

Many thanks in advance :-)
John

Comments

• Options
    Some companys will drop your contract down to the lowest monthly payment it can be for the remainder of your contract (£5 does sound a little low though)

Surely your best bet is to get a cheap 2nd hand phone from eBay or somewhere like that, use it for the remainder of your contract, then get a decent phjone for free when you take out a new phone contract whenever the current one runs out.
  • Options
    I would ring T.Mobile and block your phone to start with?
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I recently bought an iPhone 3G, it's an amazing piece of technology...

It's really simple to use and the apps and other distractions are uncountable...

My mate had a Blackberry, he tried to flog it to me when his contract was up, it was good but the iPhone is much better...

Heard a few negative comments about the i4 but never actually tried it...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Terry Naylor[/cite]I would ring T.Mobile and block your phone to start with?

No need i failed to mention that i have the battery for the phone but no phone, was a messy night and bit weird how i had the battery
  • Options
    Thanks Redzed, yeah i know ipod phone is good and the new one looks much better just unsure because of i have an ipod touch & ipad which are both very similar apart from calling people so may discontinue either of those
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: johnnybev1987[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Terry Naylor[/cite]I would ring T.Mobile and block your phone to start with?

No need i failed to mention that i have the battery for the phone but no phone, was a messy night and bit weird how i had the battery

You still need to phone them, if someone has the sim card, they can run a large bill on your account.
  • Options
    How can he ring them if he's lost his phone...?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: johnnybev1987[/cite]

Don't be a dumbass, cancel the phone. Seriosuly what do you think the battery is used for???
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: RedZed333[/cite]

He can borrow mine!
  • Options
    haha i will phone them, but unlikely they will run up a big bill if anyone could find a battery to go in it or to use the sim card in someone elses phone good point but i have alot of credit so to speak on there only way someone could go over is phoneing the sex line etc. I will call them in a bit just wanted to see if anyone has had experiance where they have dropped to lowest cost? and if so what would you say
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: johnnybev1987[/cite]only way someone could go over is phoneing the sex line etc

You think people don't do exactly this to be jackasses?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stu of HU5[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: RedZed333[/cite]

He can borrow mine!
    Well why don't you ring him up and tell him...?
  • Options
    lol @ work at mo so cant really call anyone yet, but will do when im on luncheon and sort it out

Stu what do you think BB or iphone??
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: RedZed333[/cite]Well why don't you ring him up and tell him...?

I just tried, it was engaged, probably someone ringing some sex line ;-)
  • Options
    Spoke to T-mobile who are useless!!!!!! said i have lost my phone and they can only reduce to £35 a month and will send sim card out, apparentally cant cancel until January

took 10 minutes for them to cancel, the lady i spoke to was an aussie and couldn't understand me at all, really not impressed with them at all
  • Options
    See if T-Mobile will drop your contract but good luck with that. I had to leave Vodafone as I got a work phone and when I told Vodafone I couldn't afford to keep it they dropped it by 1 price increment a month. Basically reduced it by a fiver a month until it got to their lowest of £20 a month.

Next i'd go to Mazuma and sell your ipod touch - you won't need that if you are getting an iphone and you'll probably get a few bob for it (I just chopped in my old 3g and my 3gs and got over £400 for the pair so that paid for my iphone 4. I have had a couple of signal issues with it but nothing major. It is a fabulous bit of kit and I am delighted with it.
  • Options
    Tell us the bit where you lost the phone but still have the battery, I'm intrigued...
  • Options
    thank you swisdom for your wisdom ;o) some great ideas there mate

Redzed, i dont know tbh i went out with a couple of friends in clapham junction a couple of us started around 5 then before you know it we was smashed by 11 and me and my mate had muck around fight which i crazed his elbow which i dont know how? maybe chucked him, then i remember i had to get train to waterloo east then walk to waterloo and then get train to sevenoaks, i fell asleep on that train so ended up in tonbridge. then had to pay a cabbie £30 i think and then stumbled in doors emptied my pockets and realised i had the battery and no phone! weird considering i still had my ipod touch, wallet and house keys thankfully. I should really learn to be more careful and maybe not take my phone next time i go out on a heavy one, oh yeah got home around 1.30am, unsure what time we stopped drinking and headed home guessing around 12
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: johnnybev1987[/cite]Spoke to T-mobile who are useless!!!!!! said i have lost my phone and they can only reduce to £35 a month and will send sim card out, apparentally cant cancel until January

took 10 minutes for them to cancel, the lady i spoke to was an aussie and couldn't understand me at all, really not impressed with them at all

you signed a contract, hardly surprising that they'll make you honor it
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stu of HU5[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: johnnybev1987[/cite]Spoke to T-mobile who are useless!!!!!! said i have lost my phone and they can only reduce to £35 a month and will send sim card out, apparentally cant cancel until January

you signed a contract, hardly surprising that they'll make you honor it

I know stuey, just frustrating at least they moved it down to a cheaper bill. frustrates me how you have to have a 18month contract i may look into that when i next get one as i think 12 month is fair
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: johnnybev1987[/cite]thank you swisdom for your wisdom ;o) some great ideas there mate

Redzed, i dont know tbh i went out with a couple of friends in clapham junction a couple of us started around 5 then before you know it we was smashed by 11 and me and my mate had muck around fight which i crazed his elbow which i dont know how? maybe chucked him, then i remember i had to get train to waterloo east then walk to waterloo and then get train to sevenoaks, i fell asleep on that train so ended up in tonbridge. then had to pay a cabbie £30 i think and then stumbled in doors emptied my pockets and realised i had the battery and no phone! weird considering i still had my ipod touch, wallet and house keys thankfully. I should really learn to be more careful and maybe not take my phone next time i go out on a heavy one, oh yeah got home around 1.30am, unsure what time we stopped drinking and headed home guessing around 12
    Wish I hadn't asked now...
  • Options
    I don't know these pissheads !!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rudders22[/cite]I don't know these pissheads !!!

language paula, will let you know when i got phone sorted as will need all my numbers again! what a pain
  • Options
    ok mate...... hope you get it sorted mate....... have you checked ur mums insuracne if she has pp?? When i get my phone i am going to add it just in case
  • Options
    Never got round to putting what i ended up doing so thought i would bump incase people want to do what i did(not lose a phone)

In the end i called phones for you told them that i wanted to cancel my contract and heard that they pay the remainder, told them how long i have left 6 months and how much a month it is. they came back to me within 5 minutes said its fine and went through what phones i could have which was quite alot, i went into the store ended up getting nokia E72 which i actually quite like at mo very similar to blackberry but looks better IMO. In regards to paying of previous contract they gave me £210 or however much it was to pay of on a debit card so just phoned t-mobile and paid of. So now new phone, new contract which is cheaper and everyones a winner, thought i would mention on here incase anyone did want to cancel there contract as this is quite good
  • Options
    Put some gaffer tape around it this time, that way don't lose the battery...
  • Options
    haha good idea redzed, got insured this time so wont be as much hassle if i did lose it again
  • Options
    what is the insurance for drunkards who lose their phones whilst out on the razzle?
  • Options
    same as standard people who lose their phones ;o)