Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Andy Reid's hamstring

edited January 2007 in General Charlton
I see that it's conked out on him again.

Is the science available for him to get a new one transplanted in?

Obviously if it was the club would probably offer us "the opportunity to contribute and be a part of this amazing breakthrough in medical science", but it might just be worth it.

Comments

• I said it when he signed - until he loses half a stone at least and sorts his conditioning out he will continue to get the same injury.

Someone at the club needs to take him by the scruff of the neck and sort him out, tell him to warm up and warm down properly.

We've seen glimpses of talent but to be honest I would rather have that £3m sitting in the bank now.
  • Pardew has said he left him on too long on Saturday and it's his (Pard's) fault it hads been aggravated.
  • That's not exactly what he said - at least that isn't my take on it. To me he seems to be saying that there were possibly a number of people to blame, not least the player himself for not being exactly forthcoming about the state of the injury.

Unfortunately, well as he's played in some games, Reid seems to be something of a luxury at the moment - one game in, three out. Like Southend I think I'd rather have the £3mill in the bank at this moment in time so we can buy someone else who's fit and ready to play now. Not that I don't rate Reid - or think he will be good for us in the long term - if he can (ever) sort his fitness out. But we need results NOW!
  • Great player but i think we're starting to see the reason why Spurs were so keen to offload him.
  • [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]Great player but i think we're starting to see the reason why Spurs were so keen to offload him.

very true.

He reminds of a Gazza to a certain extent. Will work really hard to get himself fit, have a couple of good games but never be able to put a concerted run together. Don't know what Andy's lifestyle is like, but there are parallel's there...
  • Left him on too long/rushed him back to 90 mins too quickly, I know we were desperate but this is a management feck up!