Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Who gets stick for the amount of time they are on Charlton Life?

edited January 2007 in General Charlton
Just wondered how many regularly hear those immortal words:

"Are you that board AGAIN?"

Standard reply to buy a bit more time - "I won't be a minute,dear."

"You said that an hour ago!"

Standard reply when you know your number's up but you haven't quite finished reading the thread "Oh......."

Comments

• Options
    Still having trouble with she who must be eh? John ;-)

On a more serious note, I can't access this site from my office as our "Security" team has decreed that we cannot access Blogs or Forums as they are riddled with viruses! Pity they didn't stop a twat in one of our depts. downloading a virus riddled program from his usb stick on the day he left for Australia for good!!! Took out our whole network for weeks.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BDL[/cite]Still having trouble with she who must be eh? John ;-)

On a more serious note, I can't access this site from my office as our "Security" team has decreed that we cannot access Blogs or Forums as they are riddled with viruses! Pity they didn't stop a twat in one of our depts. downloading a virus riddled program from his usb stick on the day he left for Australia for good!!! Took out our whole network for weeks.

A guy I used to work with, on the day he was laid-off, sent an email to the entire company (UK and US - 3,500 people) saying goodbye etc.... The really funny thing was he put a delayed delivery on it, so 3 months later 3,500 people get this email and all start replying. Needless to say, it knackered the server for a while. Managed to get back at the boss for laying him off without doing any lasting damage - quite a feat!
  • Options
    Most lifers are logged on during the day at work,Not doing any WORK at all,THIS IS probably why they don't get any stick.I logg on after i have done a days work...
  • Options
    i work from home on the computer and my wife questions why i'm too busy to look after our baby boy but can find the time to keep posting on the website ....still there's a lot worse websites i visit that she wouldn't appreciate finding me on ;-)
  • Options
    what do you do for a living oohaahmortimer,just wondered as im lookin to work from home cos my bird goes college n works part time and im playin daddy day care at the mo.

My mrs hates football so therefore can't understand why i spend so much time on Charlton Life.
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    i trade futures (up and down like whore's draws at the moment) have been trading it for 15 years last 20 months on a computer
  • Options
    Abramovich in disguise.
  • Options
    What oohahh really means is

"I trade transfers for Charlton athletic (its rubbish at the moment) have been working here since the appointment of Dowie yet sneak away into the canteen to post on here when I can."

Oohahh the source of all knowledge!
  • Options
    Cool,i'd say good luck with it but if you've been doin it for 15 years you must be doing something right.:-)
  • Options
    It's going to run out soon make the most of it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2007
    I got a fair amount of abuse for spending all my time making the damn thing!