Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Alan Hansen

just said were rooting for the spanish...............what you talking about you jerk

Comments

• edited July 2010
    i think any football fan who isn't actually Dutch would root for the Spanish. Why would you want cynical cloggers to beat the best football team in the world. Jerk ! I don't think so.
  • Why is imaginary card waving, diving, body checking, surrounding the ref any better than booting players off the pitch? Iniesta showed as many cards as Webb tonight.

Both sides pathetic despite the ridiculous Spanish bias by the BBC.
  • Our media's love in with the Spanish continues, how quickly everyone forgets the disgraceful monkey chanting their fans made against England while playing in Madrid. As for Hansen the guy is a moron, enough said
  • I think the Spanish are boring cheats. Sure they keep the ball well, but thats only when their not rolling around on the floor.
  • To call the best footballing team in the world boring cheats shows a special understanding of the sport. Could be an opening at ITV for you Hero
  • Could be an interesting thread this one. Best football team in the world by a million miles win a game where the opposition try to kick them off the pitch and "football fans" come onto a forum to defend the cloggers ! I am astounded.
  • Best footballing team in the world in possibly the poorest World Cup for quite sometime. I watched all of Spain's games and can't say I ever felt entertained, but then again that was the general feel for most of the World Cup. Glad its over, now let the real football begin...
  • At least we'll have the utter joy of watching our very own special Spanish magician, the maestro that is Miguel Llera.

Ole!
  • Mortimerician, could be an opening for you with the brown nosers at the beeb?
  • Charlton Hero. Can't believe you are not entertained watching the Spanish. God only knows what style of football would entertain you.
  • Sponsored links:

• shittest world cup ever fact
  • I'm guessing your Spanish or have some kind of tie to Spain? I'm not saying their a poor football team, no way! Cause their not, technically their brilliant. I just haven't be blown away by them like the BBC pundits clearly have.
  • [cite]Posted By: charlton_hero[/cite]Mortimerician, could be an opening for you with the brown nosers at the beeb?
    Sadly my applications have been turned down due an injunction stretching back to early Grange Hill days. Thanks for your support though mate.
  • Your guessing about my having a tie to Spain are as wide of the Mark as your football assessments. ;0)
  • Haha, well we can agree to disagree lads!
  • I find myself agreeing with Hansen, the best team won on the night. And for that matter Spain have been the best team in the world for some time now as proved by cups won.
    I would have like the dutch to win but not in the way they were trying to win. I would like to see total football again from them and for them to leave the physical nonsense to lesser teams.
  • Spain were good to watch, but you'd think they were Brazil 1970 the way Hansen was overplaying it.

The World Cup never recovered once Heskey went home....
  • [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]just said were rooting for the spanish...............what you talking about you jerk

Fair comment by him, and I think you misheard, he said he was rooting for Spain, not "we". Holland for a team with a lot of players who are comfortable on the ball and can play were a disgrace tonight. Too many fouls and what looked like an orchestrated attempt to stop Spain by fair means and mostly foul. Had the Dutch won it would have been a travesty. I agree 100% with Hansen.
  • gotta be most disappointing World Cup ever, Spain are the best team but you don't get many goals to a game with them!
  • ShootersHillGuru, Don't be astounded, "Football fans" doesn't necessarily equal football knowledge... This has been the worst World cup I've witnessed, since ‘66, but at least the footballing team won it, and against the Murinho type tactics employed by countries who should have known better, and that includes the Dutch…

Everything Hansen said tonight was spot on......
  • Sponsored links:

• thought he said we are rooting for them.........going to clean my ears out
  • [cite]Posted By: Salad[/cite]gotta be most disappointing World Cup ever, Spain are the best team but you don't get many goals to a game with them!

Every world cup is most disappointing to us English.
  • no disagree,this one was piss poor,shit noise levels just that horn droning on.........
  • [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]no disagree,this one was piss poor,shit noise levels just that horn droning on.........

you must be getting old
  • already old
  • [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]no disagree,this one was piss poor,shit noise levels just that horn droning on.........

This I agree with, I'm happy that Spain won - at least they played football, and fittingly Iniesta scored the winner, but all-in-all too many underperforming star players ruined the tournament.

And the Jabulani ball didn't help either.
  • poor World Cup, best team won.
  • The Dutch were a disgrace. Football won. Good.
  • Germany were far more entertaining to watch than Spain this world cup, they scored 8 goals in 7 games, they have the best team in the world, but to suggest they put on a footballing masterclass is ridiculous. The last half hour against Chile in particular they were more Mourinho-esque than pretty much any other country I've seen. They passed it short yes but it's not entertaining when they barely try the killer ball.
  • I seem to be one of the very few who enjoyed it then, some great goals, contentious decisions, a first time winner, the story of Ghana and some lesser known players shining. I think some expect 8 goal thrillers in every match and the tv pundits highlighting any match that wasn't of a high standard didn't help. Great world cup.