Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

World Cup Final - Netherlands v Spain Match Thread

really torn. Would be happy for either to win.

Good to see a new name on the trophy but just hope it is an outstanding match.

Been a good WC IMHO but not seen a really classic game yet. Need a 4 - 3 with a last minute winner to cap it all off.

Suspect Spain will probe, the Dutch will stifle and it will end 1 - 0 to someone.

Comments

• Options
    no classics but the last few games have some goals so im happy,think a 2 1 or 1-1 in 90 mins,hard one.
  • Options
    want Spain to win, and personally i think it's been the worse world cup I can remember since I started watching in 78.
  • Options
    Holland team v Spain: Ste'burg, van der Wiel, Heitinga, Mathijsen, van Bronckhorst, van Bommel, de Jong, Sneijder, Robben, Kuyt, van Persie (Teamtalk)

Spain team v Holland: Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Pique, Puyol, Capdevila, Busquets, Alonso, Xavi, Iniesta, Pedro, Villa. Torres, Cesc on bench. (Teamtalk)
  • Options
    I've enjoyed it. Don't think the overall quality of football has been that great with the exception of Germany and Spain and also enjoyed watching Ghana too. Predicted 145 goals in the works competition and had a bet on Villa for golden boot so very much hoping for a 1-0 (Villa, 90)!
  • Options
    Spain dive and mess around on the floor too much. Come on Holland!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: charlton_hero[/cite]Spain dive and mess around on the floor too much. Come on Holland!

Never seen Robben then? Or Van Persie?
  • Options
    The question is, why would anyone watch the game on ITV?
  • Options
    Yeah but Spanish are worst for it. Can't stand watching la liga, it's always stop start, stop start... Diving has become part of the game now, which of course is a shame and the Spanish are the masters.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Bournemouth Addick[/cite]The question is, why would anyone watch the game on ITV?

Not got an answer, watching on BBC.
  • Options
    Hope Holland wins. When you watch a game in Holland, the fans don't boo every time the away team is in possession, like in Algeria,
    Tunisia, Marocco, Egypt, Russia and ....Spain. Don't like Van Bommel antics or Robben's theatrics but Spain's 'efficient' passing game
    gets me bored.
    And Dutch girls are much sexier than their spanish counterparts anyway
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: guinnessaddick[/cite]
    [cite aria-level=0 aria-posinset=0 aria-setsize=0]Posted By: Bournemouth Addick[/cite]The question is, why would anyone watch the game on ITV?

Not got an answer, watching on BBC.

Along with the majority of viewers. Again. ITV would've been better off putting "Bridgit Jone's Diary" on.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: adrian[/cite]...Spain's 'efficient' passing game gets me bored.

Blimey, you must be tearing your hair out at the garbage we've produced over the last few years then!
  • Options
    I hope Spain win. They have the best all-round team for many a year in World football.

Take Robben and Sneijder out of the Dutch line up and they become.......... England I guess (pretty ordinary)

Stranger and much bigger upsets have happened though, if the two above are contained I can't see Holland being strong enough.
  • Options
    Think Spain will win but really hope the Dutch will do it. They've had some great players over the last few decades.
  • Options
    BBC commentator: "It's Orange against Clockwork"

Love it.
  • Options
    Please not spain please, they are a cheating diving slag team! Started from a quick as the fricking 2nd minute!! Learning off of that horrible Barce/Palarce/brathil 'Dani' Alves!! Please lose you schlags.

Holland Holland Holland
  • Options
    Viva Espana...
  • Options
    Let's not forget how racist the Spanish are too...
  • Options
    Dirk Kuyt - does he remind anyone else of Ian Dowie, or is it just me?
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Can't see Van Bommel lasting the game. De Jong should have gone for that kick in the chest.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Gonna be a red at some point in this game. De Jong's very lucky still to be on. There have been some shocking fouls go relativelly unpunished at this world cup whilst there have been a lot of sendings of for silly 'handbags' type offences. Kaka's for example.
  • Options
    vamos espana!
    i used to live in spain so this is were my loyalties lie
  • Options
    I once stuck my finger in a dyke.
  • Options
    Guy who tried to touch the world cup at the start got his comeuppance

128409962-c997cb75410256f02dbd1ccdb7c681a3.4c3a1bb8-scaled.jpg
  • Options
    Turgid and uninspiring first half at the culmination of a pretty turgid and uninspiring tournament.
  • Options
    spot on.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: guinnessaddick[/cite]De Jong should have gone for that kick in the chest.

Mr Miyagi give that one his seal of approval. Well done Nigel san.
  • Options
    Spain are looking for dinine intervention to break the monotony - they've just brought on Jesus!
  • Options
    Ramos....!!!

Coulda been a hero....
  • Options
    How is Van Bommel still on the pitch?