Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Campaign for Mambo Number 5

edited July 2010 in General Charlton
Dear Phil Parkinson (or whoever is in charge of squad numbers),

Looking at our squad it seems likely that Mambo might be making a claim for a first team place this season. I'd just like to make a plea to the club, and I'm sure many other supporters will agree with this that should Mambo be designated a squad number this season, please, please, please let it be number 5. He's a CB, so 5 isn't out of the ordinary for a player in his position and I think it'll bring a small bit of joy during a depressing (but arguably exciting) time at the club. Also I'd but that shirt, as I'm sure will many others who wouldn't consider get a name & number or even buying a shirt, and at the moment, ever little helps.

Much Love,

Mr. Robin

---------------------

Anyone else who supports the campaign please let your voice be heard, since I've heard he was at the club I have longed (no homo) for Mambo Number 5.

P.S. I sent a copy to the club for consideration, anyone with links inside the powers that be at the Valley It'd be great if you could make a point of my campaign. Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    as long as all strikers get designated with shirt numbers 20+ to run with it!
  • Options
    And while we're on the subject can we give Robbie a ' 0 ' instead of No. 1 thus giving us a psycological head start
  • Options
    id buy it fo'sho
  • Options
    Alternatively what about Jackson 5
  • Options
    That would be good and if he plays they Dave could play the music too.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]Alternatively what about Jackson 5

I saw a comment on Johnny Jackson getting the number 5 on another thread and thought it was a reference to Johnny 5 the robot from Short Circuit. I thought it was a bit obscure. Doh!
  • Options
    my vote is for jackson 5. of course giving mambo the number 5 shirt would be funny. but chances are mambo might go out on loan,even if he doesn't, he's not going to be one of our first choice CDs.
  • Options
    I'm with JollyRobin. There's must be loads of footballers called Jackson who could wear a number 5, but I bet there ain't many Mambo's. It's far more likely to be unique.
  • Options
    Must be a French CB out there going by the name of Chanel.
  • Options
    Anyone asked Yado? He might not like the idea. Imagine the stick he got at School (maybe not that much given his size) when the song came out.

Also his family name might have some other significance, African names tend to more than English surnames.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Surely all English surnames have a meaning?
  • Options
    He's worn 5 before for the u18s and I think the reserves, so he might even like the idea.
  • Options
    give mumbo number 5 and when he makes a balls up we can do the noise in the song.AAAARRRGH!
  • Options
    Dailly number 12....?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Floyd Montana[/cite]Surely all English surnames have a meaning?

yes, they do.
  • Options
    a little bit of robbie keeping net
    a little bit of solly at full back
    a little bit of racon in mid park
    a little bit of waggy making sparks
    a little bit of jose makes us sing
    a little bit of jackson on the wing
    a little bit of burton [hopefully] up the top
    akpo sodje never stops

MAMBO NUMBER 5
  • Options
    I think they should leave 12 out 4 us.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: charltonsteve21[/cite]I think they should leave 12 out 4 us.

I think that's the best idea yet!

Make our crowd the 12th man.

Plymouth Argyle did that 6 years ago, the year they won promotion!
  • Options
    He wore number five a lot in the youth team, so I think it could be easy and proves he woulddn't mind.
  • Options
    that would be awesome but we would have to make he most of it and come up with a song
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Has to be Mambo number 5! Could be a great song!
  • Options
    Mambo wore number 5 at Barnet PS friendly last year
  • Options
    Rather give him number 4 and save the embarrassment.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I think Sylvester Stallone had appeared in 4 Mambos, so maybe it should be 4.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    [cite]Posted By: CafcAndy[/cite]Rather give him number 4 and save the embarrassment.

What's so embarrassing about it?
  • Options
    Just thought I'd bring this up again. Is still the only reason I'd buy a shirt.
  • Options
    Missed this thread last time around but reading through it i actually prefer  Jackson 5.
  • Options
    Anyone asked Yado? He might not like the idea. Imagine the stick he got at School (maybe not that much given his size) when the song came out. Also his family name might have some other significance, African names tend to more than English surnames.
    Missed this post. Classic!
  • Options
    Could become a whole new song, a poor song that the north stand could sing.

A rough idea...A little bit of jackson by my side, bit on danny green on the right. Bit of BWP is all i need...blah blah blah ...mambo number 5 !
  • Options

A little bit of Wiggins in my life,

A little goal off Bradley all the time.

A little bit of Greeny's all we need,

A little bit of Bover's all I see. 

A little bit of Jacko down the wing, 

A little bit of Hollands makes us sing.

A little bit of Mikel here I am,

A little bit of Powelly, He's out man!

Mambo number five.