Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

More disturbing news

edited June 2010 in General Charlton
I heard a disturbing rumour (Hope I am wrong).
Charlton are no longer in The premiership.
It was from a reliable source. Can somebody please clarify this point.
I've supported Charlton since 1972.

Comments

• Options
    they hardly made much noise when they were in it so easy mistake to make mate.
  • Options
    Ha Ha

TOTY
  • Options
    I too have supported Charlton since 1972. I have not heard this rumour. I have heard however that Lennie may be off to Middlesbrough. Will be a tough act to follow.
  • Options
    So soon after our FA Cup triumph......
  • Options
    Are you from the Daily Mail...?
  • Options
    i heard the board have lined up the Orient manager James Seed.
  • Options
    I heard we might be playing next season at the Mount, in bloody Catford, wherever that is.
  • Options
    Was down Eastmoor St last night.

Bunch of kids said that were forming a new club.

Can see some problems ahead but good luck to them.
  • Options
    Bloody Vikings, sailing up the Thames. Raping, pillaging, going berserk. It's not on you know.
  • Options
    just what have the romans done for us?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2010
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Well apart from Hadrian's wall.....

Question is, are the Cantiaci a London tribe or a Kent tribe.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Cordoban Addick[/cite]Well apart from Hadrian's wall.....

Question is, are the Cantiaci a London tribe or a Kent tribe.

Well obviously Hadrian's Wall, that goes without say but apart from that.

Kent I think although I don't like this new Saxon name people are using.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Kent I think although I don't like this new Saxon name people are using.

What a bunch of Cantiaci .....!
  • Options
    Well they defo gave us the Punic wars. Would have hated being colonised by those pesky Carthaginians.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Cordoban Addick[/cite]Bloody Vikings, sailing up the Thames. Raping, pillaging, going berserk. It's not on you know.

Yeah, my ancestors heard Pardew's great-grandad on the football commentary, saying one of the Vikings team had the touch of a pillager.

He got sacked from writing the Domesday Book
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Cordoban Addick[/cite]Well they defo gave us the Punic wars. Would have hated being colonised by those pesky Carthaginians.
    What's the Three Musketeers got to do with it, well, one of them anyway...
  • Options
    Covered End, mate
    The question you should be asking, if you were a REAL fan, is 'Who can we blame?'
  • Options
    Oggy you been on the sauce?

Battle of Hastings 1066, first Viking raids in Dorset circa 787 AD.

Or is Domesday a clever reference to the Dome in Greenwick, which obviously is a lower saxon burial site.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Cordoban Addick[/cite]Oggy you been on the sauce?

Not yet .... I'm just bored and too lethargic to do anything else (read procrastinating).
    [cite]Posted By: Cordoban Addick[/cite]

Battle of Hastings 1066, first Viking raids in Dorset circa 787 AD.

Ah, if Pardew can do the commentary on the football highlights, don't you just know his great-grandad was talking about "the touch of a pillager" on the highlights later also. As technology hadn't quite caught up in those days, it was just 300 years later.
    [cite]Posted By: Cordoban Addick[/cite]Or is Domesday a clever reference to the Dome in Greenwick, which obviously is a lower saxon burial site.

Clever reference, obviously ...... whatever that's supposed to mean. ;o)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Cordoban Addick[/cite]I heard we might be playing next season at the Mount, in bloody Catford, wherever that is.

I hope someone is being paid to clean up all the bloody needles first.

That park is a deathrap.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stu of HU5[/cite]I hope someone is being paid to clean up all the bloody needles first.

Get plenty of points in needle matches at home.
  • Options
    What was that big bang just now?
  • Options
    theres a great big fooking lizard lying dead in my garden it must be 100ft long with teeth bigger than me

what the fook is it
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Big William[/cite]What was that big bang just now?[/quote]

Oh BW I was building up/down to that. We could have hours of fun with Ice ages, dinos (NLA), Dodos, neaderthals, mass extinction (NLA), archaea and eubacteria etc etc......

Actually on second thoughts....
  • Options
    I hate these new footballs. Pig bladders were fine, why change it?
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]I hate these new footballs. Pig bladders were fine, why change it?[/quote]

Thats more like it Sco.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]I hate these new footballs. Pig bladders were fine, why change it?[/quote]

Forgot to say. The thing about those pig bladders is they don't half bend and swerve. Its nearly impossible to keep the bladder down when shooting, and nearly impossible to save weak shots from Yanks.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Cordoban Addick[/cite]Its nearly impossible to keep the bladder down

But running with a full bladder can cause a lot of discomfort.

50-side played along the road between 2 villages once a year ........ get wasted, shag a milkmaid, kick anything that moves, play until you drop. Any dispute settled by a full on brawl. The losers get hung, drawn and quartered.

Gadzooks, what a lark!
  • Options
    Pig bladders...?

So that's why the Arabs are so shite at football....