Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

ole ole ole ole

!vamos espana! todos con la rojA!

Levantar la copa de campeoooooones del mundo!

Esta vez - si esta vez por favor!

Comments

• who have they got next round ? Don't think they are all that and QF's is about as far as they will go.
  • Portugal. They could go all the way and only play one non-hispanic team (Switzerland).
  • Portugese and Portugese descendents are not hispanic. In fact, in the modern definition of the word (last hundred years or so) neither are the Spanish! 'Hispanic' means Central and Latin American, as it's only really used by the US to refer to latin America.

Large, I think they have the potential to win it, but they've had the potential to win it many times before and panicked/frozen/not turned up. FWIW, they'll beat the Port & Cheesers, then beat Paraguay or Japan in the quarters, but come up short against Argentina in the semis

I'm a little more compos mentis than I was when I posted last night :o)
  • [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]Portugese and Portugese descendents are not hispanic. In fact, in the modern definition of the word (last hundred years or so) neither are the Spanish! 'Hispanic' means Central and Latin American, as it's only really used by the US to refer to latin America.

Actually they are, IA has a point.
    Hispanic is a term that originally denoted a relationship to the ancient Hispania (what is now the Iberian Peninsula). The Iberian Peninsula is made up of Portugal, Spain, Andorra, Gibraltar and part of SW France.

More recently it is used to describe countries formerly ruled by the Spanish Empire, or those that speak predominantly Spanish.

Aside from the history/geo lesson i reckon they will come unstuck against japan
  • Hispanic hasn't been used as a term to represent people from the Iberian peninsula for donkeys years. Just because its factually accurate to say that it used to be used that way doesn't make it 'right' to use it that way now. Call a Portuguese or Brazilian 'hispanic' and see the funny looks you get! :o)

And Japan? You're having a laugh if you think they'll even beat Paraguay
  • Suppose its as likely as Switzerland beating Spain or Italy failing to beat NZ. Its all a foregone conclusion ;-)