Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Top 5 songs of the Avett Brothers

edited June 2010 in Not Sports Related
just heard a couple of great songs this morning by an American band I don't know, the Avett Brothers - songs were "I and Love and You" and "If It's The Beaches" ... lyrical, emotional, rootsy, poignant etc.

Any suggestions for a top 5 of theirs?

Comments

• One of my favourite bands. They played Koko last night but unfortunately I couldnt go. I love love love this band.

You should check out Blitzen Trapper as well

Anyway as for my five favourites I dont know so I've just picked the five songs of theirs that last.fm thinks I've listened to the most.

At The Beach - Mignonette

Head full of doubt, road full of promise - I and love and you

Ill with want - I and love and you

Laundry Room - I and love and you

Paranoia in B flat major - Emotionalism

Incidentally did you get that whisper I sent you a couple of months back salad?
  • Got to agree with 'Blackheath Addick' that the Avett Brothers are a really good band and there are dozens of songs I like.

My best album of theirs would be ' Carolina Jubilee' and I particularly like 'Travellin' song' and 'Love like the movies' although I like 95 % of songs on this album.

Also I agree that Blitzen Trapper are good and the song I like most is 'Black River Killer'.

Check them both out
  • thanks, will check out Blitzen Trappen too!

Either didn't get or can't recall the whisper I'm afraid- can you pls remind me :-)
  • Avett Brothers are playing here at the Calgary Folk Festival in a few weeks, but unfortunately the rest of the bill is very average - shame really as I would like to have seen them but am not splashing out big bucks to see the likes of Michael Franti & Spearhead (weekend warrior/ eco-hippy nonsense)...we have been to this event every year since we moved here & have seen the likes of Son Volt, Calexico, Iton & Wine to name but a few....good band though & second the nomination for Blitzen Trapper...in a similar vein check out The Sadies.
  • [cite]Posted By: Oakster[/cite]Avett Brothers are playing here at the Calgary Folk Festival in a few weeks, but unfortunately the rest of the bill is very average - shame really as I would like to have seen them but am not splashing out big bucks to see the likes of Michael Franti & Spearhead (weekend warrior/ eco-hippy nonsense)...we have been to this event every year since we moved here & have seen the likes of Son Volt, Calexico, Iton & Wine to name but a few....good band though & second the nomination for Blitzen Trapper...in a similar vein check out The Sadies.
    Hey - Franti's cool. Disposables were awesome, and Spearhead are still good (though not AS good)
  • Anyone ever heard of that new band WTF ?

They're really "out there". I sooooo luv them :_)
  • [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Oakster[/cite]Avett Brothers are playing here at the Calgary Folk Festival in a few weeks, but unfortunately the rest of the bill is very average - shame really as I would like to have seen them but am not splashing out big bucks to see the likes of Michael Franti & Spearhead (weekend warrior/ eco-hippy nonsense)...we have been to this event every year since we moved here & have seen the likes of Son Volt, Calexico, Iton & Wine to name but a few....good band though & second the nomination for Blitzen Trapper...in a similar vein check out The Sadies.
    Hey - Franti's cool. Disposables were awesome, and Spearhead are still good (though not AS good)

It's not so much him Leroy - it's the followers he gets over here :-)
  • I sent the whisper again salad. Anyone else into this sort of stuff that would be interested in some mp3s of the "down low" drop me a whisper
  • 5 good ones from what I've heard so far:

If It's The Beaches
    I And Love And You
    Love Like The Movies
    Kick Drum Heart
    Murder In The City