Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New captain (Poll)

edited June 2010 in General Charlton
now that bailey is leaving , who would be your new captain?

Comments

• Options
    Christian Dailly - assuming he's offered a new deal

otherwise, erm....
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Brighton Addick[/cite]Christian Dailly - assuming he's offered a new deal

otherwise, erm....[/quote]

got to be
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Well assuming Dailly stays it has to be him, no idea who the vice captain would be, Basey or Frazer maybe?
  • Options
    Fraser Richardson (if Christian leaves)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: East Kent Addick[/cite]Fraser Richardson (if Christian leaves)
  • Options
    Semedo (If Frazier and Christian leave)
  • Options
    Semedo or Dailly
  • Options
    Agree Dailly.
  • Options
    Dailly - and it smells like he is staying.
  • Options
    Dailly for certain, if not richardson would be my next choice.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It could be the making of Izale?

Sorry, if there's an official thread on things that might be the making of Izale...
  • Options
    My head says Dailly, Richardson and then Semedo. But I think that if Robbie breaks back into the team then he'd be an ideal captain: passionate, a good player and I think pretty good as a communicator.
  • Options
    Richardson.
  • Options
    Semedo all the way!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: PaddyP17[/cite]My head says Dailly, Richardson and then Semedo. But I think that if Robbie breaks back into the team then he'd be an ideal captain: passionate, a good player and I think pretty good as a communicator.
    With the two keepers so close together, I don't think having one as captain is vaible, because they may end up being out for a few weeks. Also, with the rules around captains being able to approach the ref having a keeper as captain is an issue.
  • Options
    Give Richardson a shot. He's reliable and level headed, probably popular with his team mates.

...And at least we wouldn't have to deal with the Bailey style outbursts that caused Charlton to lose focus on the game. His constant complaining to the ref...
  • Options
    Dailly it is then...
  • Options
    Hard to predict, i'll wait till all the outgoings & incomings and see who we left with
  • Options
    Dailly gets my vote, with the slight concern that he's another year older and getting towards the end of his career, meaning he may not play so often in the coming season.
  • Options
    Dailly for me then Richardson and Semedo
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Richardson for me, captained Leeds in the past and seems the obvious choice as he should be here in August and unless injured- should play every week. Unsure if Dailly will be at the club as still no news for his contract.
  • Options
    Dailly
    Basey / semedo vice captain
  • Options
    Probably Dailly with Basey as vice captain.

Don't know enough about the guy as a person but perhaps making Racon captain might bring him out of his shell a little and get him to try and stamp his authority on games a bit more? I think Bailey's attitude changed a bit but perhaps it made him try too hard at times. Racon's maybe too laid back at times so perhaps it could act as a shot in the arm that will keep on his toes a bit more.
  • Options
    Semedailichardson
  • Options
    Deon Burton if he's still there next season.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    The Goat ......nimble of foot, adapted to uphill struggles and willing to forage for chances.

And one in a team is always a born leader.
  • Options
    Bailey was a crap captain, great football though...
  • Options
    for me it would be richardson and then semedo / burton for vice captaincy!
    and thank you for turning this into a poll its looking good
  • Options
    Perhaps our nect captain isn't yet at the club?

Otherwise then it has to be Dailly.
  • Options
    Has to be Dailly, then Richardson, then a product of the academy (so maybe basey or one of the keepers).